Fun Friday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ran 60 at the track Thursday. Today I have errands to do after work, so may do cardio when I get home from those. I need some catch up time in my schedule.

Happy runs, All!  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

TGIF - doing the happy dance!

4 on TM - super exciting lol

HI Judy - nice run!

Hi Carol - are you as ready for spring as I am??   

Bikerchick1

Judy - Isn't it crazy how much time errands take!  Hope you get them done and have time for your work out!

LCruns - I am soooo ready to run on non-icey roads!!!  I really can't remember a time when they have been this bad for so long.  Do you have a marathon training plan for Charlevoix?  I'm doing Freeze your Fanny in BC tomorrow - weather doesn't look horrible.

Off for haircut/color, some shopping, then dinner with a DF.  No running today - using shopping as x-training...it is, isn't it   Decided to run a local 5k tomorrow with a friend.  My unofficial goal for this year is to do a race/event monthly this year.  So this is my January event.

TGIF

Carol

ginnyb

Did my cardio DVD this morning , as the white stuff has returned.  I just hate having to do everything indoors!

TGIF!!!!!!!!!  Long week and nice long weekend coming up, no work Monday!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Linda

Good morning ladies:

I did get up this morning.  It was hard, but my husband turned on the lightSmile

My hip and knee ache at night, so I am up a lot.  Then, the moment I am awake, I have to go to bathroom, which wakes me up even more. First, I am going to take an Ibuprofen and a DetrolLA before bed tonight.  I don't like to take either, but I've got to get some sleep.   I am going to look into anti-inflammatory foods--shakes, concoctions I can make.  Does anyone have any recipes or ideas about anti-inflammatory foods?

Hi Judy.  Great job on the cardio

LC & Ginny:  Happy dance!  yea TGIF!

Carol:  shopping is definitely a workout!

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 7 on the schedule but I have been under the weather (physically and mentally) so we'll see how many miles I can do.

Judy, nice run!

LC Runs, nice 4.  It's Friday, yay, indeed!

Carol, sound like a busy but great day.  Enjoy!

Ginny, sorry about Winter.  It will be over soon.

Linda, sorry about the hip.  Hope you feel better.

Marjorie is getting her car today!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

I noticed in the bathroom this morning that there are a few hairs on my head that are not just blond from the sun, they are gray. I'm not sure when they got here, but they seem perfectly happy hanging out on my head. This does not please me, as I do not want to color my hair. Ever. Heck, I only get it cut once or twice a year. My coworker says she can't tell. But they are there, mocking me.

Anyway, I have a cold, but it's only in my head, at least so far, so I'm running tonight. First time since Sunday. Probably only 3-4 miles, because I'm tired because...I have a cold.

Love working downtown where we just follow the federal government - I get MLK day off on Monday! I've never gotten that day off. And I get President's Day off next month! There used to be this long slog between New Year's and Memorial Day, now I'm getting three day weekends. I need it to catch up on being out of town, if nothing else.

About time to head for the train (I didn't want to start any work with just a few minutes left in the day), so no personals now. Except for Linda, it's great to see you here again. And way to go on getting up early.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Got the new car This am. Been on the phone all day since. One more call to go. I will put pics up later.

Laura i do get nose bleeds   Always have. If I use saline spray twice a day in the dryer months  I've gotten them my whole life.

Marjorie

SugarLand

Daramis i am so sorry to hear that you lost your kitty hugs

Margorie nice looking car

Went to the expo it was super crowded didn't buy anything I did get a pass for the private potties to use before the marathon

everyone have a great evening

SugarLand

Hi everyone

i am selling my Garmin Forerunner 405 with heart rate monitor good condition $75

for photo email me (vickiisarunner@yahoo.com)

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, I am so sorry for the loss of Daisy. Poor moggy. It's so difficult to lose a pet.

Anyone complaining about icy roads can come deal with windy, hot, on-fire California. We had a nasty fire yesterday and you can still smell it al over the Southland.

Karen, good idea to do some upper body work -- planks and pushups wil help too!

Marjorie, sweet!

Linda, no idea about antiinflammatory foods, hope you feel better.

Ginny, sorry you are back indoors. Summer is coming!

Vicki, I'm interested in the Newtons. Emailing you!

Yay, 3 day weekend. I have a stack of work to do but at least I don't have to go to work, though I think I will need to go to the office Tuesday morning and then leave to meet with the hospice nurse because DH has a doctor appt and I have a client meeting on Wednesday and won't be in. I don't want to be gone from the office until next Thursday.

Horrible night Wednesday night, we tried turning off the water so DH wouldn't get in the shower and he woke me to whine about wanting/needing a a shower at 11 PM, 1 AM, and 3 AM. It's worse than having a newborn. At least with a new baby I could shove a boob in its mouth and it would be quiet and eventually content. That won't work with DH. Last night was not great but I did get 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep. So 4.5 Thursday morning with RN, 2.5 this morning (overslept), and 7.25 on the TM at lunch.

Later...