Womens Running

TIPTOEING TUESDAY, DIVAS (Read 237 times)

gsdrunner

Rise and shine, ladies.... post away. 

gsdrunner

Morning!

Its official M is 12month plus one day! We had a lovely day. Big grin

RR: 5 on Sunday, 6 yesterday,  today is 6 with 3 mile repeats with 800 jogs. 

NRR:  Taking M for her one year check up. She gets shots so maybe it will be a chill day. We got her a baltic amber necklace and its helping her with her teething. I am so amazed. She sleeps with it, but we wrap it around her ankle. Best 20 bucks we have spent in a while. 

Anyhow, gotta get moving.... I want to get all the morning routine stuff done before M wakes up. And since I was lazy last night, I am paying for it this morning. 

Have a great day everyone! Smile

monk717

Morning gsd! Morning divas!

RR: Nothing today.

NRR: Doctors appointment this morning. Last night I got Christmas presents made and ordered for A to give to grandmas and grandpas. I made coffee mugs on shutterfly. Kinda cheesy but they turned out really cute! I just hope they ship faster than slower, the range for shipping given was Dec. 17 through 21, and we're likely leaving (depending on weather) for our trip on the 20th! I've always gotten things really fast from shutterfly though so hopefully that will be true this time. I got DH's birthday present last night, he had to send it back because it was the wrong size. An Andrew Luck jersey! I'm so excited! Best part is it fits my pregnant belly and will fit me nice instead of being gigantic when I'm not pregnant. So I'm glad he exchanged sizes. Nothing else at the moment, have to go get A. Have a great day divas!

MA runner girl

Good morning!

RR: 30 min swim last night. I had a hard time breathing, which is usually not a problem for me swimming. Maybe I should take my inhalor before now...

NRR: So last night DH went to my parents house to work on thier furnace because he had to do something before it can be refilled and it's almost out of oil. Well he didn't get home until 2am!!!! He got into bed at 3am and decided to put his COLD hands on my belly. I obviously woke up. Before that I had slept like a rock, and after that I could not sleep. So I blame him for our sleep troubles. Joking I did feel bad for him though, he's pooped this morning!

GSD - Happy Birthday to M! I can't believe it's been a year. She's such a cutie! Nice job with the miles!

Monk - Good luck at your appt! I hope it goes well. I think the mugs are a great idea.

Have a great day girls!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

POrun

Happy Tuesday!!!!

RR: Running with DH tonight (hopefully). The weather has been crazy and there’s a cold front coming through, so I had to ax last night due to lightning.

NRR: Bah, I need a day to have no plans what so ever so I can relax and not be so stressed about the work situation, being unorganized still at the house, and still owning 2 houses… add to that holiday craziness. Today is work’s holiday lunch and gift exchange, which is always entertaining. I can eat like, 30% of what people are bringing.

GSD: Did you celebrate M’s Birthday in any special way?

Monk: Glad you got some gifts done.

MA: Wow, that’s a late night for DH. Sorry he woke you up!

Meli: I am still trying to figure out my race schedule for next year. The tri looks awesome, and I’d like to do it, just have to figure out the rest of the visitor schedule and what other races I really want to do as wall. I’ll let you know.

Have a great day ladies!

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies. The countdown in 10 days until surgery. Can we fast forward time, please? UGH. I HATE this waiting around! But, I wanted to thank you ladies for all your love and support over the last year. This year has been horrendous, but knowing that you ladies are always there to support me has made this so much easier! Smile

melrunner

Morninggirls,

GSD, glad M had a great birthday!! I can't believe she's one already!!! Time flies. Great job on your runs!!

Ma, sorry you had problems while swimming. Poor DH late night for him.

Monk, woo hoo for the shirt! I make photo albums on shutterly all the time.

Rltw, hugs.

Po, just keep me posted, have you found a running route around your neighborhood??

TriR just came back for four easy slow miles.

NtriR, orientation for volunteering at Children's Hospitsl tonight after work. It's three hours long so it'll be a longnight.

Reading Little Bee right now. What a gruesome hard to put down book. I was crying yesterday while getting my mani/pedi done because the Book had me in tears. I need something more uplifting after this book....

Klmcdona

Morning Ladies!! I am pretty happy because I can finally post again after a very, very long time away! I missed posting, but couldnt do it from work on RW. Luckily this works so hopefully I can post some more here. I am still getting used to the format, etc.

GSD- good luck with the appointment, hope it goes well!

Monk- sounds like DH got you a great birthday present! glad it fits well

MA- that sounds like a horrible, horrible way to wake up! and sorry that it ruined your whole night of sleep. How are you feeling? Getting excited about the baby?

PO- I hear ya on needing a day of nothing in order to catch up! every year I swear I am going to spend some time doing holiday fun things and then Christmas is here before I know it!

RLTW- I can't imagine the waiting! I think that has to be the worst part ... hope you find some ways to keep your mind occupied!

RR- I have been doing a clean eating cleanse for two weeks now... no gluten, caffeine, alcohol, dairy or added sugar. I thought it would be tough, but the food you can eat is actually all really good and I am feeling great! I cheated twice...once each week when I had long runs so I felt I had "earned" a treat! I am trying to stay healthy during the holidays and drop a few pounds because I think that I will be doing a marathon in the spring! I haven't signed up yet, but am pretty close to bitting the bullet!

Nrr- well, I gues I kind of summed up my whole life in my RR, but, other than running, things are good!

Looking forward to catching up with you guys.

NorCal

Morning ladies! 

GSD- Wow, can't believe you have a 1 year old! Glad the teething is doing better. Hope her check up goes well today! 

PO- I hope you and DH get a run in tonight! 

Meli- I felt the same way after reading Under the Banner of Heaven, which was really depressing. Still haven't found a good, cheerful book yet! 

RLTW- HUGS! 

MA- Darn DH waking you up!!! Hope you sleep well tonight! LOVE your bump pic! 

Klm- SO proud of you and clean eating! Nice job lady! What spring marathon are you looking at? 

Monk- That's great you got a Luck jersey! Lucky you! haha. 

RR. Running 7 miles after work with my friend tonight. 

NRR. Got most of my shopping done and wrapped. Just a couple things left to buy, plus stocking stuffers for DH and L! Now I need to finish cards. I got our business cards done yesterday and Diva cards too! BUT I can't find the document that has ALL of my family addresses on it... it was on my old computer and somehow didn't get transferred... SO UPSET! So I have no addresses for anyone. I guess I'm just going to wait and see what cards I get and send out cards to whoever sends them to me! 

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

monk717

Hey divas, I have a quick update and some news!

Variance had her baby! I think many people in here remember her. Her baby boy came yesterday afternoon, a tiny thing at 6 pounds! She posted a pic on FB for anyone who's friends with her. He's got some big beautiful eyes! I don't know when or if I'll try to call or visit. I know how overwelming it can be to have a bunch of visitors right away but I wanna see that baby!

My appointment was fine, boring. My weight is up 31 pounds, which I'm not thrilled with, but I know at least I won't be gaining 65 pounds this pregnancy. Belly is measuring fine, I think P will likely be smaller than A was. Nothing much else to report, just wanted to pop in with that.

athenaofamerica

Hi ladies! 

Sleepy Athena over here! I totally fell asleep on the train this morning! Sleepy

RR: Derby practice last night, first one in a few weeks and it was thankfully not too intense...we worked on whips mostly, which I already knew how to do so for me it was more fun to give the newbies a strong whip and watch them try to stay upright! (Two of them fell, and got a good laugh over it.) Tonight is assessments, where the skaters at my level are testing to move up - it's going to be an intense workout. I wear my HRM during practice and last night I burned 1101 calories in 2 hours. Tonight will be a lot more than that!

NRR: Not much to report, since all I did last night was get home, eat, go to the chiro, go to practice, go home, and and go to bed! Tonight will be more of the same. DP is still battling the flu, poor thing, and I'm so glad it hasn't hit me. I hope it stays away!!! I don't need to take any more time off work, I'm saving up for our vacation in February. 

GSD: Happy birthday to M! 

Monk: Hope you get your mugs in time! Great luck (pun intended) about the jersey! (Even though I don't know who he is. LOL)

MA: Shocked about the cold hands! Sorry you couldn't get back to sleep after that!

PO: Hope you find some good eats at the party! And that you get some stress relief soon!

RLTW: 10 days is so close! Then single digits! It'll be here before you know it, and you'll be on your way to a new way of living! .

Meli: How's everything going with the resume? I do hope you find something that makes you happy!

KLM: Welcome back! What marathon are you running? NC and I are running a marathon in the spring too! 

I got everyone (for now), hope you all have a fantastic day!

San Francisco Marathon (Worth the Hurt™), June 16

Napa Valley Inline Marathon, July 14

athenaofamerica

NC - Bummer about your address list! I hate when stuff like that happens!!!

Monk - Great news about Variance! Please pass along my congratulations when you see her!

NorCal

Monk- Glad things are going well with your pregnancy! Thanks for the update on Variance! We aren't friends on FB any longer, but if you see her, please pass along my congrats! 

Athena- Hope you don't get DP's flu! Where are you guys going in Feb? Good luck testing up tonight at Derby! 

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

athenaofamerica

NC: I'm not testing! I wasn't eligible this time around (as a returning skater, I have to stay at this level for a minimum of 90 days, plus I'm not interested in bouting so I have no real desire to assess) but they encourage everyone to be there so there are enough people for the scrimmage and partner skills like whips. Smile It's still a great workout! DP and I are going to Hawaii in February! I have a Navy friend there and we'll be staying with her (free lodging!). 

LucyBelle

Hey ladies...I am popping in late. I am not feeling well and I'm grumpy! Undecided

RR: Could not bring myself to go out last night after work...it was pouring rain and windy and I felt like I was coming down with a cold. Still feel icky today in my sinuses, but at least the sun is shining, so I'll hopefully get out there tonight.

NRR: Fighting some sort of sickness off, I think. My sinuses are killing me and I'm coughing a bit. There's also a stomach bug going around work that I'm trying to avoid. 'Tis the season I guess? I'm just going to try to be really productive today so I can get out of here early. I have a fun weekend coming up and I don't want to be sick for it!