judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. We are here to share.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I did a new cardio DVD for 45 minutes. These things are such great fill-ins. I can slip them in between or after runs. It turned out to be a good one so I have ordered it from Amazon.

Saturday was totally SDO.

Sunday Buddy, his daughter and I did 75 minutes out on the trail.  It is always such fun when she visits.   We saw 5 deer and a woodchuck.

Track run for me today after work.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Good morning!  Survived my 20+ training hike with 33+ lb backpack.  Will write personals later.  I'm beat!!!!  (But at least I don't feel too bad),

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Been away from the Boards for a few days   Such a nice weekend, I need it to be summer all the time!

Quick recap - 5 miles Friday, 6 miles Saturday, 13 with RP yesterday and 4.5 this morning with another friend.  I'm so glad my running mojo is back.  12 days until the Marathon.

Hi Judy - trail run sounds great.  We had a deer run across our path yesterday, they are so pretty.

Wow Susan - awesome hike!

Off to work, busy day on the road which should make it go by quickly!!

We sure are MIGHTY!!!

Great efforts ladies!

Susan-wtg on that hike!  How long does 20 miles hiking with that sized pack take?

Judy-nice run with all of the animals!

Laura-remind me... which marathon?

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Sorry I was MIA but I arrived in Chicago on Friday and spent the day with forumites from RWOL and RA so the time ticked by and I didn't even checked here!  Hubby arrived Friday late night and the race was Saturday morning, so we were running and not sleeping since we got there.  We had tons of fun.  RR is in my blog.  I do love this picture:

Anyway, the Everglades are on fire and all three counties are covered in smoke.  I can barely breathe so if I run tonight, it will be on the TM.

shoutouts on my next post.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Judy, nice workouts!  Enjoy the track workout.

runnersmom, sounds like a tough workout.  Way to go!

LC Runs, glad your mojo is back.

Lisa, mighty ladies indeed.  How's your daughter doing?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

Judy, that's so neat that you saw a woodchuck.  I'll have to google them.  added:  I googled. they are also called groundhogs and are in Ga.  Alaska has smaller ones in the hills called hoary marmots.  Cute.   I love Google.

Susan, that's a long hike! Way to go.

Laura, I'm glad you got your mojo back! Nice weather always makes that easier.

Docket, it sounds like you had a great time! Nice pic.

i walked on the Coastal Trail yesterday afternoon. its so easy/enjoyable to be active here in summer.  I want a town like this for winters.  today I'm going to plant flowers and a few veggies them bike or walk.

Hi!  Wow the weekend flew by too quickly!  Saturday did a 2 hour ride.  Sunday 9 mile run with the gang.  We were planning on 10, but it was so hot and steamy we bailed!  Swam this morning.  Spent the balance of the weekend cleaning, sewing or walking the dogs.  Whew! It was nice to have a weekend off.

Karen--still a fast 10K!  You won a party!

Sorry--will catch up with personals eventually!

Anonymous Guest

So I signed up for another 10K - this one on July 4. I ran it in 2012 and got 2nd in my age group and remembered they gave cash prizes. This girl needs money to buy drinks for her party! Of course I checked previous results. It looks like there's one superfast 40something that runs it every year and wins the $100, but that leaves second ($75) and third ($50) up for grabs in the 40-49 group.

Work is driving me crazy. I swear, how can someone get through life without the ability to read and comprehend things sent to them? I asked my coworker if I could respond to an email from a member with "what the f$^$# is wrong with you", and she said she wanted me to keep working here so no, I couldn't. Other than that idiot, just a lot of things due in the next few weeks and months and nobody but me to do them. Sigh.

Will run a few miles after work today for sanity. It's a hot and humid one for us, so the miles will be slow.

Cute picture D. Didn't one of those glass panels break recently?

camille, you sound happy to be back in the north.

Laura, your marathon is coming up quick! Glad you've found your mojo.

Hi to all...I gotta go get some lunch.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, you're still fast! And you won a party. Yay you! I'm sure the running club would be delighted to help you eat up all that Chipotle.

Definitely let's plan a Shadow meetup next year -- presuming there is a race, Baz has been making noises about stepping down -- if there is no race we could still run the course. I think it would depend partly on how heavy the snowfall is this coming winter, though. 2013-14 was a horrible drought year. However, if there is a race and the snowpack allows us to run the original course, let's do it. If we book at least one large cabin at the Redwoods we can split the cost and it's cheaper and friendlier than a hotel. Participants would need to fly into either Los ANgeles or San Francisco area airports, or into the Yosemite/Fresno airport which is tiny, and a car is necessary -- we could carpool from both LA and the Bay Area. About 4 hours drive one way either way. Block your calendars for the first Saturday in June!

BTW I did 7:57 for 30 miles flat. Weather was warm, streams were low, race was beautiful. Fuller report should follow.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Lisa, it appears your friends doing the through hike went past without calling, since their mile update puts them well north of us at mile 430  -- sorry we did not get to meet them, the offer was open. I may go run on the PCT in a few weeks if I can clear a Saturday.

Happy Monday!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day

lots of travel at the end if this week and next.

Gatsby congrats to your running friend

Susan that is a lot if hiking

karen did you see the thing on fb about emails at work?  If not I will find the link. It is very funny.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Haha Marjorie!  Yep, that pretty much sums it up.

So HQ sent us a new B/W network copier bc the color one is too expensive to use.  They installed the new copier where the old one was, moved the old copier to another room, and now neither can be used bc HQ does not allow us peons to have admin rights.  OMG they drive me CRAZY!!!  Can't even install my own damn printer.  Ugh!  Rant over.  Going to the house.  Will have to call tech support in the morning.

Hi,

As promised, I'd get back for personals.  Smile

Judy, hope you had a great run today.  Sounds like it was a very productive weekend.  I love when I go out for a run and see deer. 

Laura, Awesome job.  Yes, I'd say you have your running mojo.  Good luck with the marathon.

Lisa, We did 13 miles on the first day.  Not sure what our pace was but it takes a lot longer than running it.  I can keep a 15-16 mile pace on fairly flat ground, but the North Manistee and North Country trails are anything but flat.  We usually take a pack-off break every hour.  Most of us have hydration packs but not all the Scouts do.  Also we have to stop periodically to purify water.  If I could figure out how to post photos I would do so.  My shoulders actually hurt more than my legs - but when my son was really struggling I ended up taking some of his weight for the last couple of miles on Saturday, so there were times I was carrying more than 34 lbs. 

Damaris - awesome photo although it makes me kind of dizzy.  Glad you had a great time.  I hadn't heard about the fire in the Everglades.  That sounds horrible.

Camille, I love google too.  The Philmont grace states that we are thankful for raiment.  I have no clue what raiment is so I asked the contingent leader who is heading to Philmont with us for the fourth time.  He had no clue, thought it was possessions or something.  Had to chuckle to myself thinking about how many times he said the grace without knowing what he was thankful for.  Its an old word for clothing, especially fancy clothing.  So yeah, I'm thankful for clothing, although I can guarantee I will not be wearing any fancy clothing at Philmont.  Your trail hike sounds wonderful.

Sue, Swimming sounds perfect for hot and steamy weather.   Same problem here with admin rights.  Drives us all batty.

Karen, LOL on the email to a worker.  Oh how many times have I wanted to write something like that. 

Tessa, Looking forward to the race report.  Awesome job! 

Marjorie, Safe and stress-free travels.  Thanks again for the biofreeze - my left hip flexor was especially thankful for it last night.

So in case you're all wondering Philmont Scout Ranch is in New Mexico.  This is the one we're doing.  http://philmontscoutranch.org/filestore/philmont/camping/2014itinerary/2014itin_24.jpg  Less than two weeks before we head out.  We spend 4 days in Colorado acclimating first.  Then we drive to Philmont and start the adventure (actually I started the adventure months ago when I started training).

Have an awesome rest of the day!