Womens Running

Race season weekend (over 40) (Read 18 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Well it is that time of year for more and more races every weekend. Funny, I don't miss running them. Was a good decision to bow out of races last year.

Off  to run then puppy pool and errands

dh got called out to a fire around 7 last night. Didn't get his fitbit set up since he was gone so we will do it today. He does like it, though.

At least today we are officially on vacation.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - Have a great vacation!  Hope you get DH's fitbit set up, and that he likes it!

Sorry been MIA this week....has been really busy.   Did 12 last evening with RB.  Rained and was in the 50's, but we had a great run.  We ran along a trail that takes us to a Nature Center where we ran 4 miles of a trail along the river.  We saw at least a dozen deer, turkeys, and geese.  We both like cooler running weather, so we were in our glory!

Hi to all!

Carol

Bikerchick1

Is anyone racing this week-end?

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Heading to Boston to do the 13.1 Boston. Not a race effort but an MP effort.  Was supposed to do 5 but did not wake up for it. Flight leaves soon.

I will check in later. Have a nice day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Augh! This weekend is killing me. I'm supposed to be in a car this morning heading to Erie for my goal marathon tomorrow. Instead, I think I'm going to walk back into the kitchen and get a second cup of coffee. Plus, a bunch of my Ragnar DC team mates from a couple years ago are running it again this weekend. I was invited to run with them, but I was running Erie so I couldn't, and now they keep posting pictures on fb and I'm so jealous! Then tomorrow there are two local races I really like and was sad I was missing because of Erie, and am still sad I won't be running either of those tomorrow even though I'm in town.

The good news - 3 very easy miles last night and my foot doesn't feel worse. It's still not great, but it's no worse, so I may try a few more easy miles tomorrow. Doctor appointment Tuesday. It doesn't really hurt, but it feels sort of "uncomfortable", if that makes any sense.

Pilates a little later this morning and then depending on the weather, either a ride on my road bike outside or on my tri bike on the trainer.

DH and I made plans for our 20th anniversary last night. Anniversary is on a Wednesday (9/24) so we're going to celebrate the weekend before, which is next weekend. We decided to take the train into NYC on Saturday morning, see a Broadway show Saturday night, and then come back home Sunday afternoon. We've never done that, so figured we should before we move. It's going to be expensive - DH is not a theater guy at all, so there are only a couple shows he's interested in seeing, which means we can't really wait and do the discount tickets day of thing. Between the train, the hotel in TImes Square and tickets to The Book of Mormon......well, we decided we're only going to have a 20th anniversary once, so we might as well splurge! I've already decided 25 is going to be a trip to Europe.

Marjorie, enjoy your vacation! Am I remembering right that you're heading to the beach?

Carol, our weather has been getting much better for running lately too. Glad your run went well!

Damaris, your system may get a shock with the change in weather for your race tomorrow! I bet your MP pace will fill pretty darn good in Boston.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Glad to hear your foot feels better, Karen.

Love free inflight wifi.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 done. Puppy pool now

got Dh's fitbit out. Ready to set it up this afternoon when back from errands.

Karen it it is a shame you couldn't run those races but you'll get better and run the next one strong.  Yes we are going up to Myrtle beach next week

D have fun in Boston

Carol I cannot even imagine 50s right now.

Marjorie

Good morning!

DD is packing up for her drive south.  Sad but happy day.  Youngest dd is going to homecoming with run buddy's son tonight.  Sad but happy.  No races for me this weekend but planning on a run with above mentioned run buddy tomorrow on the trail where Carol and I did Rugged Man.  Sad but happy.  I do like races.  I don't get nervous before them, more like anticipation and excitement.

Marjorie-have fun this week!

Carol-the cool weather is great to run in.  this really seems to be a transition from summer to fall weekend, doesn't it?  Cider mills, corn stalks, Homecomings, fall races!

Damaris-cool about the Boston race!

Karen-down time for you in more than one way.  Will improve.  We're all here to hear of the small but positive improvements.  Please share.  No worse is an improvement over worse.

Lisa

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Good morning! Ran 8.25 with my 4-legged running buddy this morning. One very small mishap, I dropped his water dish I carry and couldn't find it. No biggie, I'll get another.

next Saturday is the Fit One Half marathon.

Today we'll be watching the BSU game and then going to a BBQ at a friend's. Bonus - we have our granddaughter today! It's always fun chasing after an almost 2 year old!

camille2

Ran 3+ this am. It was in the rain again, but it's Sept so I can't expect anything else. Puddles everywhere.   It's fine once I start. I need a longer run but am hoping for a nicer day  tomorrow. I'm going to hear the gal who holds the record for the fastest AT hike later then a quilt class.

Lisa, good luck to your dau on her new adventure. Sad and happy for a mom.  Have a good run tomorrow, but that sounds just happy. : )

Karen, that's too bad about all those races.  Can you volunteer or be a spectator at some until you can run or is that too much time on your foot?  That's helped me at times.

Carol, that sounds like a nice run on the trail with the wildlife.

Hi Marjorie, Shadow, Cindy, Laura and DR!

BTW, RW had Deena Kastor do the "Ask Me Anything" column last week.  She has the most amazing attitude.  I'm glad I saw it.

camille2

Karen, forgot...I think you'll love Book of Mormon. I saw it in the spring and it was hilarious.  Unrealistic, crude at times...I don't know how they made it work, but we really liked it.

Plans tomorrow to run on a new trail with run buddy whose son took my daughter to homecoming. Hopefully we have nothing eventful to talk about. LOL. 43 tomorrow morning at run time. Not ready for that. Probably turning heat on tonight. Had air on last week.

Shadow-have fun. How did you lose a dog dish? Seems like it would be big enough to see. I'm probably picturing the wrong kind of a dog dish.

Camille-rain all the time would get old for me. I could do Seattle (know you're not there).  I will complain but I do like that our weather changes so much. Last week 96 and tomorrow morning 43.

Ginny- speakin of weather change. We did watch car thermometer drop 20 degrees in less than 10 minutes last Friday, didn't we??!!

Lisa

ginnyb

Lisa.....we did watch the temperature drop 20 degrees right before our eyes last week and it has never come back!  Our pic from Woodstock was good , didn't you think?  I believe, for the first time ever, I am going to order it.  Hope homecoming was fun for Kaite and have a good run today.

Karen....glad foot is getting better and sorry you are missing all the races this weekend, but it will be worth it in the end.  DH and I love NYC, we haven't been in a long time.

Marjorie....hope you DH enjoys his fitbit and happy belated anniversary.

Camille....I couldn't take all the rain either, I actually prefer snow to rain and I will deny saying that!

REally chilly here this morning, but it is getting light, so I better get out there for a run.  I am still apprehensive about running in the dark, I need to get over it or I will never run with winter coming.

Hi to Damaris and Carol!

Damaris...you are running NYC marathon this year?  That is one marathon that I think I would like to do....kind of on my bucket list.  I tried 2 years to register, but didn't make it.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

8 miles this morning.  Felt good....Hi to everyone.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Quick hello to all. I'm a little scarce on RA this week since I'm babysitting my 4 nieces.  My sister is moving from Luxembourg to CA and needed to pack up their house this week. She returns today. I hope to run this afternoon and maybe check back in later.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR