Womens Running

Frightened Friday - Supermoms (Read 17 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 5K easy, hot tub.

KR - somehow found some really scary videos on youtube (animated pumpkins being murdered; guys talking and their heads suddenly turn into monsters) and was really and truly freaked out by it.  He was pale and quiet when I took him to daycare, and apparently was crying after I left.  Of course DH blamed me for not monitoring his youtube watching every second.

FR - crockpot spaghetti bolognese, kale salad.

NRR - I already have a really bruised kneecap from bashing it on the barbell while ST on Wednesday, and that bruise seems to be magnetically attracted to other hard objects.  Kinda like when you bite the inside of your mouth and you keep biting that spot more.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 27k long run. Thought I'd at least be able to wear capris, but it's -8C with the windchill, so unless it warms up in the next hour or so, I guess not.

TR - Kept saying "kiss, kiss, kiss" last night. I asked her who she wanted to kiss and she replied "boys!" Oh dear.

FR - Salmon, roasted spiced cauliflower and potatoes.

NRR - Need to go shopping later for groceries and picture frames for some pictures I had printed. My sister and BIL are doing a photo wall in the their basement and I want to steal their idea. It's Friday and I'll be done my long run, so that means the classic Netflix, chips and beer combo tonight 

~~~~~

zorbs - Yikes, those videos do sound scary! Did he have nightmares? The magnetic injury thing is so true. Every time I bash my knee on something, I end up bashing it several more times while it's still sore.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  SRD.  Only had time for 5K yesterday between work and my meeting.  13.1 tomorrow...going to see how this feels.

BR:  Was up from 12-2:30...I am thinking it was the coffee I had yesterday.  DH gave him a bottle before bed because I was out.  Thinking my morning coffee was his bedtime snack.  Ugh.

TR:  Is SO excited to get a new bed.  I need to plan some mama and J time.  Was pretty good out to eat last night as well.

NRR:  We have a pretty busy weekend.  Tomorrow am is my long run with DH, then we have friends coming up tomorrow night.  Sunday we have church and then J's first birthday party that he has been invited to.  I am SO excited about the party.  DH is kind of freaking out about getting everything done that needs to get done...for some reason I am more relaxed about it.

FR:  I've hit the "I have to poop" level on my coffee, but can't for another 24 minutes until I dismiss my students.  That may have been TMI!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - did 2 mi as a WU then ST'ing at the gym this morning.

KR - the wizard of oz obsession continues... she's going to LOVE this mega bloks set I found.  Going to go buy it from the kijiji lady today.

BR - was in a grand mood when I first got her from the dayhome but then was epicly grouchy after dinner, she wolfed down half an apple as a snack before bed so maybe she was hungry.

FR - need to come up with something for MIL and the kids, DH and I are going to my parents to have an adult dinner w/ them and my brother and SIL to celebrate my brother's finishing his Phd.

NRR - also have to take our old lab to the vet today, he's been throwing up, he had an episode about a month ago and we took him off  his glucosamine, and that seemed to do the trick, we put him back on a low dose because he limps so bad without it, and again with the puking... so he's getting checked out and hopefully the vet can give us some meds that keep him moving for a few more years.  I love my dog, but DH LOVES this dog and there will be some pretty severe mourning when he passes, so I hope this isn't more serious.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - I had a giant bruise on my knee that I kept falling on when I slipped on ice this winter, every time I'd land ont he exact same spot.  That sucks about B seeing the scary youtube video!

ernie - hope the long run goes well!  LOL on S kissing boys, she's such a character.  Love the photo idea!

mer - LOL on your TMI, I had to take a break in the middle of my 2 mile run because the first mile got things moving.  Sounds like a fun weekend!

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp + a little over 5 windy miles this morning. Felt tired today. Hoping for 11-12 tomorrow.

TR: told me yesterday that he wanted to play tools with the baby, then got out his wooden tool set and held up the hammer and screw driver next to my belly. So sweet.

NRR: I'm sick of this weather. It's sunny, and just above freezing, but so damn windy. The windchills are at 20*, so it's definitely not weather we can go play outside in. I just want it to be warm already, Is 50 and sunny too much to hope for?! I'm getting really bored being in the house. I'd go shopping, but I don't have anyone to watch R, and he's not one to sit in the cart while I browse.  Sorry, that was definitely a rant.

Bbl for personals.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runninmer

zorbs - B finding that video is exactly why I am glad J doesn't play with my iPad.  Not only is he too rough, I don't want the responsibility of watching over him while he is on it.  Ouch on the knee cap and continuous damage.

ernie - I had to convert through google to see how far you were running!  I hope it goes well.  We had capri temps yesterday but all I had were tights at work.  Tomorrow is a bit cooler.  I just hope DH does't complain.  I am really looking forward to the time with him.

CAR - Sick pets make me sad.  Sad  I think about what we would say to J if something happened to either one of our pets.  Congrats to your brother on finishing his PhD.  That is awesome!  Enjoy your adult dinner.  I hope wine will be involved.

rg - You and the rest of the US are sick of the weather!  I am ready to walk outside and feel warmth...and to be able to play outside at night.  Yeah, shopping with LOs isn't fun at all...that is why I shop online.  Maybe a visit from your mom is warranted so R can have some grandma time and you get some mom time! Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

moxieluvah

Zorbs - enjoy the hot tub! Sorry about the knee, sounds painful!

ernie - netflix and chips sounds like a perfect combo! Lol on the kissing.

mer - hope your long run goes well! Enjoy the busy weekend!

CA - I hope your dog is ok, I still miss ours like crazy. DD loves the wizard of oz as well, that and Annie are her favs.

RG - I am so ready for winter to be over too, I feel like we get one nice day and then bam back to winter, stop teasing us and just get warm!

---

RR - 6, hot yoga last night, I feel like I sweat more each time I go.

NRR- off today, taking the kids bowling in a bit to get them out of the house. I feel like all they do at home lately is fight so I'm hoping that getting out will be better.

NRR - not sure if I've mentioned it but our house is for sale and we got a low ball offer, 20 grand under asking, we are going to counter and see if they will come up, if not then we won't take it since we haven't found a house to buy yet anyways.

TR - Katy perry (dark horse) comes on the radio and she yells "let's rage, turn it up mom" is that bad parenting, lol!

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Can't decide if I want to run a longish run or run short and lift today. I'll lift if its super windy.

TR: At daycare. Was being a super annoying mix of bossy and whiny this morning. Someone once told me that the most annoying sound on earth is the sound of your offspring whining, and I have to agree- I kinda lost it on him this morning.

FR: Last night sauteed chicken and rice, tonight going to dinner with a friend- probably a salad.

NRR: DH doesn't have to work OT anymore so he wants to work on putting more crap in the attic and cleaning up the garage a bit.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - so sweet on R wanting to play with the baby!!  We always get such bad wind in the spring, it's annoying!  At least you don't have a couple inches of fresh snow like we do!

mer - there is always wine involved when we have a family dinner!  I think there will also be bubbly involved tonight!

moxie - we'll have to try Annie on M also, not sure if she's open to any new movies right now though.  Have fun bowling!  Hope the offer is willing to go up.

spike - that's great that DH is off, and working around the house.  Ugh on the whiny kid.  I agree, super annoying.

superspike113

Honorary Old

TR2- We took a walk last night and R tripped while running and skinned his knees. He acts totally normal until he decides he wants attention and then starts gimping around and whining like crazy. GAAHHHHH.

zorbs- Yikes on the scary videos! I always seem to do that with bruises too.

Ernie- I guess Ikea has some great gallery-type frames. Mine are all black and boring so I'm going to spraypaint some.

Mer- I want to get R new big boy furniture but DH wants to wait a while longer.

CA- I hope your dog is ok. Dog puke is the worst, and they always seem to do it on carpet even if hard flooring is available. Looking forward to seeing your Wizard of Oz cake. What are you going to use for the emerald city? I used to watch a lot of those cake competition shows on Food network and for structures they often used Rice Krispy treats and then covered with fondant or frosting.

RG- sounds like our weather. I swear the weather is only nice in the afternoon for a short period when I'm at work and then crap the rest of the time. Its always cloudy by the time I get off work and blowing wind.

Moxie- We got a lowball offer on our house, countered, and they walked away. Little did we know when we actually found a buyer, that our house would appraise at that same low value and we would have to take less Sad   Are you waiting for an offer before you buy a new place, or what's the plan?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - I have to agree, kissing boys (the right ones) is a rockin good time. Wink I think B went to bed without any problems.  I was carrying a 25 lb plate at the gym this morning and it decided to say hi to my knee.

mer - well I think B has been watching youtube for maybe 3 years now and this is the first time he's found something bad and been scared so I'm not too concerned about it.

moxie - "let's rage" is that a new phrase? I have never heard it before.

CA - I have never seen Wizard of Oz, which is strange considering my Wicked obsession.

spike - I would say a worse sound than toddler whining is a student you can't stand painfully screeching out a song on the violin.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- my sister attempted to learn the violin once, *shudder*

runnergirl9508

zorbs- yikes on the scary videos! Hope he's ok. Ouch on the bruise. I find that it seems like I will whack the same spot over and over again too. No fun. When is ATB?

Ernie- yeah, I was hoping to wear capris today too, stupid cold wind. Hope your LR went well today! LOL on S kissing the boys- watch out. Have fun shopping later today.

Mer- enjoy your SRD- good luck with the 13.1 tomorrow- I'm sure it will be a breeze. Sounds like a fun, busy weekend planned! Hope J enjoys his friend's party. Haha on the "I have to poop level"  For me that's usually after I take the first sip or two- I'm typically not even fully awake yet. Wink  Sucks that you had to wait that long though- I couldn't have!

CA- nice job on the run/ST this morning! Hooray for the cake design- it sounds really cool. Can't wait to see a pic of the finished product. Enjoy the dinner at your parent's house tonight. Aw, I hope that your dog is ok!

moxie- exactly- these nice warmer days are such a tease! have fun bowling today! how's your training going for your ultra? Ugh on such a lowball offer for the house, Hope you get a better offer soon! LOL on the Katy Perry song.

spike- have a great run later today. Ha, my R was whining this morning too and I was counting the minutes until nap time today. Hooray for DH not having to work the OT, and being around this weekend.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - ATB is in 9 days.  Not that I'm counting or anything. Wink