Womens Running

Woozy Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 15 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

holy crap, I am tired.  2 nights ago I barely slept due to the thunderstorm and didn't nap much either.

ER - drinking the Crossfit kool-aid.  I haven't really lifted seriously in about a month, with not having gym access and marathon taper/recovery, so I feel gross, fat and weak.  Hopefully I don't make a fool of myself.

KR - I put money in those coin operated rides for the first time.  Previously I just let him sit in them.  Now he's hooked.

FR - supposed to be pepper and sausage salad and DH is supposed to go buy propane for the bbq..gotta remind him.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 6k ish easy, probably at lunch, or right after work on my way home.

KR - I have the day off with her on Friday, I think we're going to garden, since it's the first gardening day of the year it might be more work than just gardening but she can always play in the yard while I work.

TR - sending her to daycare on Friday so that I can actually get stuff done.  And so I can go to the gym and put M in the childwatch, O would freak out if I left her there.

FR - slow cooker southwestern pork chili.  I should stop and get some cilantro on the way home, yum!

zorbs - that sucks about the non-sleeping... I usually don't even notice thunderstorms.  Let us know how you like the Crossfit.  Are you going to join another gym, or are you hoping to start training at one again?

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

Morning...Its been crazy for me the past few days.

RR:  Nope.  Saw the ortho yesterday.  (Waited 2 hours) He says he doesn't see a fracture, but that doesn't mean there isn't one there.  Take it easy for a couple weeks and start back easy.  I'm okay with it.

BR:  His sleep just sucks right now.  I was up with him from 11:15-12:15 and again at 3:45.  The 11:15 is the worst because I go to bed at 10.  Just let me get a good stretch kid.

TR:  Was a huge mess at bedtime last night so he went down early.

NRR:  Lots going on.  MIL was hospitalized on Sunday, and is still there.  She has pneumonia.  We visited on Sunday and while were were there, I started to not feel well.  I haven't been that sick in a really really long time.  So I stayed home from work on Monday to rest.  Yesterday, I worked because we had a half day with kids and meetings in the afternoon.  Then my appointment.  With MIL being in the hospital, we are kind of limited with child care, so my mom has been stepping in.  It is amazing the difference between how she talks to J and MIL does.  The boys aren't used to her, so it is hard for all three of them.

FR:  Hosting book club tomorrow and I have no food or wine.  Need to get to Costco tonight!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp followed by just over 6 easy miles this morning. It was cloudy and there was a nice breeze, but it's humid.

TR: walked nicely in the grocery store yesterday. I just had to run in for 3 things, and didn't feel like pushing a cart. He carried my purse the whole time, and even got my credit card out for me when it was time to pay. It's like I have a little personal shopper Wink

NRR: need to pick out bedding for Rs new room, and get to Joann Fabric to pick out material for his curtains.

Zorbs- hope the crossfit goes well today! R hasn't been on one of those rides yet either. Hope you get some sleep soon.

CA- mm, chili! I love cilantro, and would eat it in everything, but DH isn't a fan. The gardening day sounds fun. I left R in the gym daycare once when I was still on mat leave. Think he was about 7 weeks old.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runnergirl9508

Mer- I've been thinking about you! Hope the rest helps and you don't have a fracture. Oh no- sorry about MIL being in the hospital Sad. And I hope you're better soon too. Ugh, let mama get some sleep H! Hope that book club goes well tonight.

runninmer

rg - Thanks.  We actually bought the bedding for J that you pinned from Target. (Thanks for the idea!)  It is super cute and he loves it!

Upcoming Races: 

beckykay

Zorbs:  Oh, I need to remind DH the same - propane for the grill.  I am missing outdoor cooking.  DH always wants to use the indoor grill but it just doesn't taste the same.

CA:  Yum, I love cilantro.  Found some growing in my garden on its own.

Mer:  Wow, feel better and I hope your MIL does too.

RG:  Awe, R is too cute!

And for me

RR:  Woke up feeling sick again Sad  Feeling a little better now but scared to eat bfast.  Not sure I could keep it down.

KR:  Might take him to the pool today.  Or maybe the splash park if it isn't raining.

NRR:  Had a nice long conversation with DH last night about things.  He wasn't being a tool so it was nice.

FR:  Now I want sausage and peppers.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - I actually have been in touch with the GM of LA Fitness, and a quick look at the website shows that dickhead is gone, so we have been discussing me returning to LAF at the end of June.

mer - they don't diagnose sfx with xrays, right? how do they diagnose?

rg - B loves carrying the basket for me if I'm only buying a couple of things.  Except he doesn't know when to give up if it gets too heavy.

becky - the sausage is pretty gross if I pan fry it.  Don't worry, I have been juggling heavy weights + marathoning for years, I won't get brainwashed into the CF cult.  In fact I came home and ate leftover pasta salad for breakfast, so f u Paleo!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

mer - hopefully the pelvis is all good in a couple weeks!  ACK on MIL and you being sick.  I hope both of you feel better asap, and that the little man sleeps tonight as I'm sure being up so much doesn't help anything!

RG - I'm so glad we don't get much humidity here, I'm sure my skin would like it, but I like our dry heat for running!  I had left O quite a bit when I was on mat leave at the gym daycare but now that she's older and wiser she freaks out if I leave her anywhere except the dayhome or with grandma.

becky - if I had cilantro in my garden, I think I'd eat it on everything... I should plant some!  Jealous that it's warm enough for splash parking already!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

runninmer

zorbs - I want a nap!  In the past, he has been able to diagnose my sfx with an x-ray.  There was only one time (my first I think) that he did an MRI.  Glad the pasta salad worked out! Smile

CAR - How old is M?  4?  There are already times when I think it would be nice to have H with MIL and J and I at home because I feel like I can get stuff done when he is around. Enjoy your run!

rg - The humidity here is horrible.  I curl my hair before I leave, and by the time I get to work, it looks like I didn't touch it!

becky - I hope you are feeling better!  I haven't been around this week, have you been sick the past couple days?  Are you only sick in the am? The pool sounds like a ton of fun!  I can't wait for pool weather.

Upcoming Races: 

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3.17 miles (zorbs head explodes now), I forgot my garmin and had to map it out after. Pushed R in the stroller and I got really crabby/snappy with him because he wouldn't shut up and I was pushing 50 lbs up a hill in 80* weather.

TR: Pretty good boy yesterday. Daycare lady gave him a timeout for eating a cracker off the floor. Not sure how I feel about that. I suppose the timeout was for defiance because she told him not to, but yeah, I let my kid eat floor food at home.

FR: homemade gf chicken strips, tator tots, broccoli. After I get back from CO I need to go on a veggie-palooza diet. My weight is not budging despite tracking my calories at the 1200-1400 range before exercise. I guess I just need to get my mileage back up to 20 mpw, I seem to be thinner when I'm like that, but I want to lift and am having trouble fitting it all in with Dh's schedule.

NRR: Busy day. Work, allergy shot, bookclub, packing. I'm going to leave my alarm on for my normal 5:20 am wakeup so that I can go running or to the gym in the morning before I leave. I need to head out around 10 am for my flight- 2 hr drive to the airport, 2h20m nonstop flight.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Hope crossfit went well. Its been 2 weeks since I lifted due to SI pain, I think my flareup has gone down but I will be lifting lighter for a while nonetheless. I let R ride a Dumbo ride thing at Walmart, holy tantrum right in front of the entire row of checkout lines when it was over and time to get out. Eff that noise.

CA- Have fun gardening. I need to pull weeds but haven't messed with it because DH hasn't done the sprinklers and stuff yet and will just be digging crap up. DH talked to our friend down the street and they are hiring a contractor to do their sprinklers, it will be over $12k for their yard and pasture, not including the grass itself! We spent $3400 on supplies, and our contractor is letting us use his excavator for free.

Mer- sorry you and MIL are sick! I hope you are both well soon. R thinks my mom is boring because she doesn't play- just wants to snuggle on the couch and look at her phone. R loves his godmother and RP because they are really silly and play with him. I feel bad that I don't play with him as much, but I feel like I have to keep up on the housework stuff just to keep my head above water.

RG- R likes to be out of the cart, though yesterday he insisted on using the stupid car cart to get a 1/2 gal of ice cream lol. I used to hate cilantro and thought it tasted like soap, but learned to love it via repeated exposure.

Becky- glad DH chilled out, the interview is tomorrow, and last night's obsession was trying to figure out the proper ettiquette for suit jacket buttoning. So much stress over tiny things!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

beckykay

Zorbs: LOL, awesome!  Bossman is paleo and tries to shove that crap down my throat everyday.

CA:  Bosslady said it was hotter than Africa outside yesterday....not quite though Wink

Mer:  Yeah, but I think it is more sinus drainage than anything.  Last week it was lack of sleep for sure, I don't have that excuse this week.  I hate feeling pukies but I know I am not preggo.

Spike:  I would be cranky too!  I can't get C to shut up lately and it is driving me nuts.  I LOVE that he talks more, but lets not get stuck on one subjects (that would be when can I have a new lego).  Wow, 2 hours to an airport?  that is crazy.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Becky- nearest airport is an hour but I would have to have a layover in Seattle which would take longer and be more expensive than driving to Spokane in the first place. We used to have air service in Moses Lake (20 mins away) but the flights were too expensive and inconvenient, so they weren't getting the bookings they needed to support it. Things are really spread out in the west, but it only takes a little under 2 hours to drive 120 miles! In bigger cities that would take much longer because of traffic.

runnergirl9508

Mer- glad J liked that bedding set. I don't remember if I told you, but I was looking on Pinterest for bday party ideas for R, and saw all of the construction zone themed things, which I know he'd love. The next weekend was when you had J's party, with the construction theme! Great minds, right?!

Becky- I fully plan to have DH grill most meals this summer. With a new baby it will be nice to have someone else do the cooking. I thought about doing a bunch of freezer meals, but most of the recipes I found are "cold-weather" foods, like soups, chilis, and casseroles. Not really things I want to eat when it's 87* outside. Bummer on feeling sick again this morning. Do you think it's something you're having for dinner the night before, or maybe just adjusting to the heat? I can't believe C starts Kindergarten this fall.

CA- I wouldn't mind giving up the humidity permanently. But I like cooler weather too. I'd be happy living somewhere that it never got hotter than 75-80* in the summer. Wink

spike- great job on the stroller run, even with the grumpy passenger. hope your trip goes well! Uh yeah that is a little weird on the time out at daycare. Sounds like today will go quickly for you. Nice that you can enjoy book club tonight. I hear ya on it only taking 2hrs to drive 120 miles- the benefit of NOT living in/near a big city.