Womens Running

Wintry weekend (Read 16 times)

camille2

A little snow and ice here, but warmer later.

camille2

Good luck to Karen and Margaret!

I'm back at the cabin.  I hope to be able to get to the gym if the roads clear up early enough.  Plan to do 4-5.

Anonymous Guest

I'm sitting here messaging my teammates with comments like "it will definitely be snowing and sticking by the time Alan runs" and "if you have a cold, are you sure you're okay to run, Sandy" and "if you guys want to blow it off, I'm okay with it". I was able to move my Pilates normally at 11 to 9 this morning, then am planning on heading over to the race straight from there. Unless I can steer the other two into blowing it off, in which case if the snow hasn't started I may try to get in a few miles around the neighborhood. Good news is the 8-12 inches they were saying yesterday is now 1-3. As usual, they tell us we're getting a blizzard and we get a few inches.

Flying out tomorrow afternoon for a week in TX to hopefully close on the house. The inspector found a bunch of stuff last week that needs fixing, but our realtor is applying pressure higher up the builder chain (he knows the area manager for the builder) and our contact at the builder says they are "on it". However, the gas meter (which was the delay she mentioned a few weeks ago, but was supposed to happen last week, still hasn't happened.

camille, hope it warms up and you can get out of the cabin this afternoon.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies. Busy with work but fortunately, the week is over, phew.  Ran 7 with hubby this morning, yesterday was a rest day.

Karen, Margaret, good luck!

Camille, enjoy the cabin and the run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.75. Intervals done. I did 2 1 miles 2 800s and 2 400s then cool down. Then .25 moderate with Quincy

Karen from Fb looks like you are doing the race.....but the weather didn't cooperate

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

I picked up our third runner after PIlates and headed to the exchange. The snow started shortly after we got there. 1/2 hour after that we decided we weren't running and would just pick up our first runner when she finished and head back. She was really slow, and by the time she came in there was already at least an inch of snow on the ground and they had canceled the race. We got in the car, picked up two marathoners heading back to the start/finish along the way and drove back. It was really slow going. I dropped them off and just got home. A 10 minute drive normally, it took about 30. My car does really well in the snow, I learned today. Now deciding between the TM, the bike trainer, or a lazy day.

Hi Damaris and Marjorie!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Happy Saturday to all.  I had a nice 20 mile trail race at Montara Mountain (Pacifica, CA) this morning.  Ran with a good running buddy while my DH did the HM.  Can't complain about the weather (in fact, I will never complain about weather again after hearing about the winter many of you have been having), with temps in the 40s at the start and then low 60s by the time we finished.  4640' elevation gain, so my legs are pooped.

Karen, thank goodness you didn't end up running today.  That would not have been fun.

Marjorie, nice intervals.  I need to add a day of spadework or hill training back into my schedule.  Nice job to Quincy too!

Damaris, glad you survived the week at work.  Nice 7 with your hubs.

Hi Camille.  I hope you can get out today.

Waves to everyone else.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out for 8.4 miles this morning with my RB. It was overcast but warmer than it has been - 30 degrees when we finished. We did have to pick our way through a few icy spots still left over from our snow/sleet storm on Monday. It's been so cold that it hasn't melted, which is rare for us - the boys had 4 straight snow days! We're just not equipped to get the roads cleared quickly enough

Karen - I'm glad they called your race. It doesn't sound like the conditions were very safe.

Ginny - my thoughts are with you and your family.

Marjorie - nice intervals.

Camille - hope you were able to get to the gym.

Damaris - nice 7 with your hubby.

Gatsby - I can't imagine doing 20 miles on trails. Congrats.

Off to read. I'm reading What Alice Forgot. Has anyone read it? I'm really enjoying it! Have a great evening-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

camille2

I did get in the 4 yesterday and want to do 6 today since I missed running while I was at my mom's.

Karen, that's too bad about your race.  Good luck with getting your house.  I hope everything is fixed.  I think we must have the same weather forecasters.  Ours are doom and gloom and predict things to be 3-4 times worse than they end up being.  Friday they said we'd get up to 3" followed by heavy ice.  Thankfully, we  only got 1/2 inch that turned to ice.  The  roads in here were closed in the morning but lower ones were open by 3:30, so I was able to get out. I hope you have time to run while you're in Texas.

Gatsby/Margaret,  great job on the race.  Congrats to hubby, too.  That was a hilly race!

AnnieSusan, I think I forgot to respond to your question about the trip.  We're getting bucket rafts from an outfitter because it's too expensive/a hassle to fly personal rafts out on a charter.

Cindy, nice miles.  Didn't you get more snow yesterday?

DR, what's your next race?  You always have a few.

Marjorie, nice intervals!

ginnyb

Got back on track this morning and ran 7 on the TM.  We got another 6 inches of snow yesterday and supposed to be frigid again tonight, below 0.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, it is greatly appreciated.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ran 18 miles this morning.  Summer is arriving next week if the temps are any indication.  Boo.  Hoping March goes back to the nice weather we have been having.

Marjorie, nice job on the intervals.

Karen, hope you managed your 10.

Gatsby, nice 20.

Cindy, nice run.

Camille, good luck with the 6.  I am training of the Paris Marathon and I have a HM to run with hubby in PR next month.  I ran a race last weekend as part of the training, but otherwise that is all.

Ginny, nice 7.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

3.1. Glad I went even though I was not wanting to go. I'm encouraged the intervals have really been making my easy pace faster. I want easy down a little more before I start building distance again at that pace. Still the speed is coming back and significant gain on what feels easy.

Ginny hope everything is getting better. Hope it is the last of the snow

Cindy how is dh doing with job search?

Gatsby great trail race

damaris great run

It it was hot too. Friday I was in fleece running shirt, fleece head band and running pants. Today shorts and sports bra. Just weird temp swings.

Marjorie

Hi all,

I return from the abyss of the semester.  I should be grading design reports but I really don't feel like it.  Sad  This academic year has been nuts... between regular work, being associate chair (which right now means meeting with all the Honors College students in the department for advising), and helping DS with his classwork (i.e., scribing and reading mainly) I'm lucky if I find time to do much of anything.  Well I'm keeping up the running but barely.   And the cold here in the tundra doesn't help, although we had a brief respite this weekend, if temperatures of 27 on Saturday and 17 on Sunday are respites. I did get in 10 yesterday and a 2 mile walk with DH today. Its crazy when a walk in 17 degrees (5 wind chill) seems downright balmy!

Karen, sorry about the race, but better safe than sorry.  Hope the realtor is able to get all the fixes on the house done quickly.  You move down in the next few weeks, right?

Damaris, Nice job on the run.  I've followed your races o FB.  You're amazing!

Camille, Hope it warmed up and you could get out of the cabin, before cabin fever sets in.  Looks like the weather cooperated Smile

Marjorie, Nice job on the interval training. And the 3.1.  I find that it is sometime so hard to figure out what to wear.  Especially when its windy - if one dresses for when its windy, then one is really warm when it isn't.

Gatsby, Awesome trail run!  That's a lot of elevation change.  No wonder your legs are pooped.

Cindy, Wow 4 days off from school.  The kids around here had Monday and Tuesday off for a mid-winter break.  They went to school on Wednesday, then had Thursday off for a "cold/wind chill" day.  Quite a few schools were also closed on Friday - not sure about our school district though.  Its weird not to have anyone in school.  Nice job with the run with your RB.

Ginny, saw the comments about thoughts and prayers.  Hope everything is ok. 

Nothing else new here... thinking I might need to take a break though... I've run 100+ mile months for the last six months and now I'm having trouble with pain in my left foot (at the arch).  Its not so bad if I wear shoes, but it really hurts if I go barefoot.  Argh! 

Susan

Finally!!! A beautiful and near perfect squeaky snowy 10-11 mile trail run today with run buddy!  Trails were PERFECT.  This pic on nature trails but the narrow mountain bike trails were even better thanks to fat tire bikers who created a foot wide groomed path for us.  Balmy was right at 17 degrees!  Back down to -7 with supposed feels like of -21 tonight.  Run Buddy is considering coming out to do Leona Divide with Tessa and I!  That would be fun to have the 3 of us doing the event!

Saturday was long Forensics judging day following Friday's busy Michigan State job fair.

Good to hear all is going pretty well with everyone.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Rainy here but we are not complaining. Congratulations Margaret! Karen, glad they called the race, nice of you to pick up those runners.

Ginny, thinking of you.

Susan, pain when walking barefoot is very possibly plantar fasciitis. Stretch and wear shoes all the time.

Camille, drive safely on the ice.

Cindy, hope DH finds something soon.

Damaris,  you are a machine!

Marjorie, aww on Quincy running.

Back from Phoenix. 3.5 yesterday, no run today. Lots of gardening though.