Womens Running

(Over 40) More Monday (Read 283 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Okay I got them to load.  Hammy is the one in the green bandanna.  Quincy in the Red.  Because of Hammy's back issue he can't be lifted easily onto Santa so we had him on the floor.  His other pic they took is better but he was wanting his belly rubbed and this was right before he completely rolled onto his back for Santa   

Marjorie

ginnyb

Marjorie, I love the pictures of the pups!!  They are so darn cute!  Everytime I go to take a picture of my two, one of them moves...every time! 

camille....yes, I am doing a Santa Hustle this Sunday.  Right now the forecast is for high of 25...much colder than it has been around here, but we all know how that can change.  I am just hoping for not too much wind, we have to run along the lakeshore for quite a while and that can be really nasty if it is very windy.    I think your time was terrific!  thanks for the tip on the goody bag, LOL! 

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Knit queen

Knit Queen

Hi ladies,

Judy-great job on all the running.  You are like an Energizer Bunny.  Don't you hate weirdos at the gym.

LC-good job on the TM run and the weights.

Mommy Mac-I have had to take iron supplements before and also noticed a big improvement in my energy levels.

Camille-thanks for the fun reading rr

Biker chick-great job on the 10 miles

Crazy Sue-as a fellow knitter I say double bummer on the loss of a yarn shop, especially if it was a good one.  We recently lost our local shop, which was a good one for yarn but not so much on getting help.  However, the one where II go once a week is 45 minutes away and I go there for help and most of my yarn buying

Running sister-great job on the long distance....18 is fantastic

Run like a girl-even though the run was sluggish, I bet it felt good in the end

Marjorie-adorable pics of your dogs Hammy and Quincy.  You must love them like crazy.

Ginny-good luck on the Santa Hustle

I'm off to Fry's to get a TV wall mount.  We are rotating the contents of the room that has our treadmill and bike trainer so that we can watch the TV from a wall mounted position.  Right now it is in the closet and is so big we only see half the screen.  We put our old living room TV in that room since we got a new enormous 52 inch TV in the living room.

Happy running, lisa

lisa

Anonymous Guest

Quick post and run for me - 

Ran 11 yesterday afternoon in the drizzle. No running tonight, but probably a little time on the bike on the trainer to keep me sane this evening.

DH decided last night he was going to invite his mom to our house for Christmas. This will determine whether I take time off or not (is it wrong that if she comes and stays at our house I don't want to use my vacation time just hanging around the house with her and would rather go into work)? Yes, I'm probably being selfish, but there it is.

Still a little worn down from this cold, but it is getting better.

Nice race camille!

Cute pic Marjorie.

Tessa, saw Zipper didn't make WS100 (boo), but is all in for Hatfield McCoy (yay)!

Hi to everyone. 

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, can you find out if the ladies in the yarn shop have plans to go anywhere? Did they say why it was closing?

Karen, yes, Zip didn't get into WS but now she is in for Hatfield McCoy, so full speed ahead for that planning!

And no it is not wrong for you to want to use your vacation time for something other than hanging around the house with your MIL. How about if you get her a Metrocard and a map of the system and suggest some places to go/see? There is so much to do and to see in your area, especially if she has an adventurous spirit.

5 miles on the TM, had to cut it a little short and dash back to get on a 1:30 conference call. Sigh. Sample question: "the boat, could it have been damaged by debris? Is there any debris in that water?" Answer: "It is the Hudson River." (In other words...yes.)

I just registered for Lincoln, since that race fills fast. I like their attitude. Registration opens for the full marathon on the 8th. They have 10,000 slots total for full/half. Registration opens for the half on the 21st. So full marathoners get priority. This reduces the imbalance between full and half that you see in races like Houston and Nike Women's. Big grin  Oh, Camille, Susan, other quilters...check out the UNL Quilt Study center website...http://www.quiltstudy.org/ I am definitely planning to stop there while we're in town! Want to come too? I know it's rather a long way from either Georgia or Mississippi, but Camille, when are you planning to head back to Alaska? Lincoln is May 5th.

Marjorie, cute pictures of Da Guys!

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, good luck on the Santa hustle. Running on the lakefront, brrrr, that sounds COLD.

Lisa/KQ, glad you have a yarn shop that's not too far away...we have one but I haven't checked it out, since the hours aren't really good for my schedule. Saturdays are so full and the other days they are 10-5 which doesn't work for people who work elsewhere.

ginnyb

I am a knitter also.  Very hard for these independent yarn shops to stay open these days.  The closest one to me is about 45 minutes away too.  We have lost 2 local ones in the last couple of years.  I always wish I could open one myself, but I would want to be independently wealthy and not have to worry about making money at it, wouldn't that be nice???  Just open one for the enjoyment of it and nothing else.  I would combine it with a book store, even though I am afraid they may become obsolete....

Just finished baking a batch of Christmas cut-out cookies, my DH's favorite!  Now I have to decorate them.

Ginny 

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Hey Everyone, I'm home after a long day of work...

Camille - I think you did a great job!!

Carol - I was glad the roads were fine today, I drove down to Bay City (work related) this afternoon and had no issues.  Sounds like you had a fun time yesterday!

Sue - glad you had a nice weekend!  Stinks about the yarn shop.

Julia - 18+ miles - whoo hoo!!

Cindy - ugh, I hate runs like that,  next one will be better!

Hi Tessa!  Yes, the Trax are great, I should get a pair for my regular shoes/boots, I am so afraid of falling on the ice

Marjorie - I would move to the Carolinas in a minute if I could.  Looovvee the picture, I am having dog envy right now, want one really bad but BF won't allow it.  Roll eyes

Hi Ginny - I'm hoping to make cookies this weekend with the kids yum!

Disney freak

Good Evening, everyone! 

Started my 5K to 10K training plan tonight.  I am sticking with the RunDouble app plan that I used for the 5K since it worked so well.  It is a run/walk ratio plan.  This week is run 1.25 miles, walk 150 yards.  (barely enough to catch your breath) Repeat 4 times.  Quite an increase on my mileage! 3.2 to 5 miles.  The run was awesome, though.  The last mile was challenging, but not impossible.

Our cold front came through last night.  30s last night, 20s tomorrow.  It was 40 when I ran, and either I was under-dressed  or my shirt was damp when I got back in the house.  I got a chill I couldn't shake and finally had to get in a hot shower to warm up.  I am now in my warm PJs under a blanket on the couch and don’t plan to get up again until bedtime.

Ginny – I made Christmas cookies last night, too!  And rum balls...num.  I can’t wait until they are “marinated”.

Tessa – don’t you hate it when you have to bite your tongue?  Sounds like a reply to the question on the conference call could have been, “does a bear shit in the woods”?

Karen – is your husband going to stay home and entertain his mom?  If so, I wouldn’t worry about it.  Or, just take some time one evening and go out and do something with her.  Pedicure, maybe?

LisaKQ – don’t you just love Fry’s?

Marjorie – your dogs are PRECIOUS!

Judyruns – what does “SDO” mean?

Carolyn – that was me that asked about your DD.  Sounds like a fun sport.  Does she not have to run year-round in order to sprint well each spring? (I’m just asking since I have no clue about track and training)

Camille – running on a busy road with just one lane closed for runners doesn't sound like fun. (noise, exhaust) Is that normal for half marathons?

Crazysue – what is a “power hour” class?

Julia – sounds like you had a nice run!

Lisa Marie

• first 5K on 12/8/12 - 39:14
                    • first 10K on 1/12/13 - 1:23:45
                    • upcoming races: Hypnotic Donut Dash - 1/26, Hot Chocolate 5K 2/9, Rock n Roll half relay 3/24
                    • training for Big D half on 4/14

LisaMarie-SDO means Scheduled Day Off

Good runs ladies!!

Ginny-sounds like your hustle is by the same company.

Vent... dh is getting on my last nerve with negativity.  Nothing especially new here with Mr Glass Half Empty but sheesh.  Came home and told him of a nice bonus that I'll be getting ... under $2k but not completely expected.  He starts calculating how much will actaully be take home then tells me it's better than nothing.  Really?  Felt like saying "well it's no ham like you MIGHT get" since I know that's what he has posibility of getting. At the paper we got $25 gift cards.  I did point out his negativity and asked him if there was anything that pleased him anymore? Told him that more than anything else, his inability to be happy about things was what got to me the most.  I thought for sure that after all his griping about how tight money is (even though I'm making almost double what I was at the paper 2 years ago??) that a cash bonus would get at least a "that's nice."   This has been a transition year of easing in travel for work and more of doing what I want to do. Expecting even more next year. Sorry.. hardly around much and then I go venting.

Told him that I am going to use some of the money for some races so may be in for Hatfield McCoy.  I am planning on doing the Moose Marathon in early September with Scrapster.  She's doing the 100 mile event. Sawtooth Trail Series.   I figure that with a 14 hour cutoff I should be able to do the marathon.  I'll room and travel with her. 

I just downloaded a training plan with New Jersey Marathon in May as peak race.  Not sure how this weekend's Fat Ass run fits in but we'll see.

Lisa

Hi all!

Just checking in quickly to say howdy and hope your week is off to a good start.

Marjorie, LOVE the doggy pics!  

MMR, if your DH is going to be a poopy-head about your bonus, then you should feel free to use it on things that you enjoy.

Lisa/Knit Queen, sounds like you've got nice work-out room.  I think you asked the other day about where I am in NorCal?  I'm in Half Moon Bay, about 25 miles south of San Francisco on the coast.  Was up in Sacto for the monsoon version of CIM this year.  My grandparents lived there... lots of good memories but the summers were too hot!  

We've got 2 knit shops in town... wish I were a knitter!  Maybe I should learn.

Tessa, what's the elevation of the Shadow 50k?   Over 5000?  Bizz Johnson was at 5000+ and I was definitely feeling it... out of breath and thirsty the entire time.    Dunno if we could handle another one at that elevation, we're such flatlanders...

Time for bed.   Will catch up with everyone else tomorrow.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR