Womens Running

(Over 40) More Monday's???? (Read 247 times)

Will there be after the end of this week, and, you know, the end of the world?

Lisa

ginnyb

Gees I hope so, Lisa!!   Where did you find that weather forecast?  I love it!

I have today and tomorrow off from work.  Planning on doing more baking and Christmas shopping and just nothing!  Tomorrow are Grandchildrens Christmas programs .

My hips are quite stiff and sore this morning, the half wiped me out yesterday, I came home and crawled under a blanket on the couch and slept for almost 2 hours.  That was the best nap I have had in ages, felt so cozy and good.  Guess I shouldn't run a half without running over 5 miles the month before and eating terrible.  I didn't say yesterday, but that last mile I could hardly take another step.  How do I get more stamina in my legs?  My breathing is fine, I don't really feel "tired"  it is just that the legs give out, has always been like this, yesterday was just worse than usual towards the end.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Congrats Ginny and any other racers and trainers alike. It's all in the training. Great picture!

Lisa, that is a cute weather post. Big grin

Do you ever think you haven't spent enough on a person on your list? Roll eyes

Friday coach and I ran together on the track. I did 45 minutes and he did about half that with me. He’s back into running after some knee surgeries. He is definitely faster than I am.

Saturday was a fun 90 minute run out on the trail. I had planned for 70 minutes for my birthday run (one minute for every year) but I kept going until 90 minutes. After that was a fun birthday celebration.

Sunday was SDO.

Today should be a track run. I'll wear my new running skirt.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Disney freak

Looking at my calendar, I have a SDO. However, the weather looks great for after school (mid 60s) so I may take a power walk while DS is having his Student Council Christmas party.  Lots going on this week, but I have 5 workout days scheduled. (2 Jazzercise, 3 runs)

Excited about this week in class.  In case you forgot, I teach elementary computer class.  This is the week I do "Elf Yourself".  I take pictures of all the other teachers on my team (Art, Music, PE, Science) and show it to all the kids.  Then I a few of the kids.  They laugh so hard it's hilarious.  If you've never seen it, you should check it out.  Just Google "Elf Yourself"...

Lisa Marie

• first 5K on 12/8/12 - 39:14
          • first 10K on 1/12/13 - 1:23:45
          • upcoming races: Hypnotic Donut Dash - 1/26, Hot Chocolate 5K 2/9, Rock n Roll half relay 3/24
          • training for Big D half on 4/14
          camille2

Happy birthday, Judy!  Nice way to celebrate.

Congrats, Ginny!  Love the pictures!  I have to know...did you get some  chocolate?  LOL.

Laura, I do sometimes feel like I haven't spent enough. My family (DB, sis, etc) decided to quit exchanging gifts and it's been a huge relief.

Lisa, I think we're safe.  : ) I read an article that when the calendars ended, the Mayans would start a new one, so I think we just get a fresh start on Sat.

Yesterday was SDO and I'm debating taking another today-except for the 15 min's for the streak. My neuroma flared badly while I was shopping Fri evening and again near end of long run Sat, but I finished it. I'm beginniing to understand why there's so little competition in my age group!  : )

Edit to add:  I don't remember if I congratulated you, Lisa Marie.  Sounds like a nice run!  BTW, some races just use the chips to get the results our quicker and don't have a start mat.

Bikerchick1

Morning Ladies!

LisaMMR - Where did you find that calendar??? Shocked 

Ginny - You deserved that 2 hour nap yesterday!!!  Enjoy your baking and shopping.

Judy - Did I miss that it was your birthday???  Anyhow HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!!  Hope you enjoyed your day!!!

Camille - Sorry about the neuroma bothering you....funny that it flared up while shopping....guess you didn't have your running shoes on Wink

LisaMarie - That sounds like a fun thing to do with your students, I am sure they appreciate it!

Off to work....

Carol

ginnyb

Camille....I didn't have any chocolate until the last mile when I took a chocolate chip cookie!  The race was really fun.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

mommymac

Happy Birthday Judy! That's great that you made 70 before the world ends!

Ginny - Really cute pictures and good job beating your goal; I'm no help with the heavy legs but I know just getting out there is an accomplishment. For me it's the hamstring.

Lisa - Love the calendar; it seems to be in French?

Lisa Marie - It's a great feeling post-race, isn't it? Did you say you have six kids?!

Camille - Hope the neuroma is a quick fix and you're back to shopping again real soon.

Julie - Safe journey to you as you head back home. Enjoy the time with your friend but watch out for that Thelma and Louise way of travel!

Hi Carol!

Unsure about a run today; will probably wait to see if DD wants to go but it will probably be another rain run. Tessa, I had thought about parking a block or two from the park and may add that on soon.

Happy Monday - Carolyn

Calender, or is that "calendre"? is from Facebook.  Here's another thanks to dd:

Thinking that there is no "appropriate run attire" for either the 21st or the 22nd so they should be SDO's.

So had a thought that gave me chills this morning during my run.. thought of all those small children in heaven and then thought of sweet Karnel going so suddenly a month before. Yeah, you felt it too.

Lisa

Did run 7.1 with heavy heart and legs.

Lisa

LC Runs

Hey Ladies Smile

I have been down with a nasty head cold since Saturday, so no run Sun/Mon.  Very little sleep last night, yuck.  I want to call in to work but have some things that have to get done.  I hope to be able to leave early, I am way over in hours anyway.  Maybe I can actually organize and wrap gifts later so I know what's actually in all those bags lol!

Hi Lisa, Carol, Ginny, Camille, Judy, Lisa Marie, Carolyn....

Ginny, will have to go back through yesterday's thread to read about your race!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Judy glad you had a good birthday run! Ginny just time on the legs give them endurance. Nothing magical. Your legs were dead because you hadn't done any long runs in awhile. If muscular endurance would not leave so fast we would all be great! But, alas, it will fade after a few weeks. It does come back fast once you start pushing again, though.

Marjorie

Good Morning!  I spent most of the weekend unplugged.  So horrible about the school shooting.  I just couldn't watch anymore.  Praying for all the families involved.

Saturday morning did a 10K that goes across the Bay St Louis bridge.  It is always a tough race -- the bridge is 1.5 to 2 miles long and has a pretty good incline.  I really worked hard--didn't want another runner to pass me!  Got 1st in my AG.  Ran 10 miles with running group yesterday morning.  Spent rest of the day baking cookies and knitting.  Finished a cowl scarf for my mom.  Hope she likes it. 

Power hour this morning.  Sorry, having a hard time keeping up with the personals lately.  Hope everyone has a great day!

annieSusan

Good morning! 

Happy, Happy birthday Judy! Glad you had a great celebratory run and fun festivities!

DS#1 flew in for a quick visit this weekend, and Ds#2 came over. So nice to have all four of us together. We had a really nice time together, and that means so much to me. The best possible Christmas present.

Rained much of the weekend, so the snow is gone, along with the icy spots. Waiting for  someone to arrive to change out the water meter, and then will head out for a run. 

Good runs, all!

annieSusan

ajdx5

you girls are killin' me with the apocalypse weather forecasts - Joking

I did a 4 miler this am - not fast, but not too slow - it was a middlin' type run.

My heart is heavy too - every time I think I'm done crying, something else sets me off.

Ginny - that nap sounds divine!  If I can crawl under the covers with a snuggly toddler - even better...  nice work on the half - - way to gut it out.

Sue - NICE work on the first in AG!!!

back later - I hope... my Dad's  memorial dinner is later this pm, so I have a ton to do before we go.