Womens Running

HELLO FRIIIIIIDAY, DIVAS! (Read 19 times)

gsdrunner

Happy Friday! Only 8 ish hours to the weekend!  Big grin

gsdrunner

Morning!

RR: Today is supposed to be a double cardio day. Easy run then cycle. I have the energy to do it, I am just lacking the motivation and wonder if its a good idea or not. Tomorrow is an off day..so really there is no excuse.

NRR: DH comes home today. I need to find a good book to read. At night when M goes to bed I find myself on the PC too much. I rather read but I dont know what. I would like to read a novel something that kinda 'dumb' reading, you know you read follow the story but you dont have to think much about it. Any ideas?  This weekly travels are good, but I find myself getting lonely at night, too. During the day, M and I are busy but at night there is not much to do, etc. I ended up sharing the bed with G last night. He seemed all so happy to take up over half the bed. Hopefully, if he was feeling 'left' out it helped. Already I am off to walk the pups and get the started.

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning ladies! Happy Friday!

RR: I think I need to rest today. Yesterday I felt like I was coming down with a cold. I woke up this morning unable to breathe, stuffy, horrible headache, etc. I feel gross!

NRR: want to curl up in my bed! Can't wait till 4 p.m....

gsd: double cardio!! awesome!

SassySparky

RR: 3.5 easy miles. Tomorrow is a big long run of 19 miles!!!  Never in a million years did I think I could run 5 days a week, and have a long run on the third day in a row of running.

NRR: Birdie has fleas! First time ever and not sure how she got them because she's been on frontline or advantix for 2 years. I think she got them at the kennel over labor day weekend and we've been battling them since. Poor pup. I have done baths and more frontline and vaccuumed and hot washed all of her bedding. Any other tips??

NRR2: Work! Busy day today and looking forward to a night off to hang with Big D. We've got lots of shows on the DVR from the week! Haha. My dad and stepmom are coming to visit for the weekend and they are watching G while Big D and I see some houses and townhouses on Sunday. Should be a good weekend!

GSD - do you like history and travel guides? I love Bill Bryson's books. I'm currently reading his book "At Home." I'm also in the middle of "Gulp" by Mary Roach, who writes about bodies and disease in a very funny way.  Those are both  nice authors because each chapter is it's own contained story and there isn't a lot of focus required to go from chapter to chapter!

RLTW - I hope you can get some rest and feel better! DId you run 4 last night?

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

melrunner

Morning Girls.

GSD, I love sleeping with Bubbles! She's keeps my feet warm. Books, I have a lost of books I want to read that hopefully ill get to them soon!

RLTW, great job with your runs!!

Sassy, sorry about birdie!! I have 18 tomorrow. Great job with your training!!!

TriR, skipped spinning this morning in lieu of sleep. OWS after work today. Tomorrow 18 so I need to Makee sure I'm fully hydrated.

NtriR. Second to last of work. Lots to d so I hope this guy wraps everything up. My official last day is Monday, and I'm still not even half way done. I wish I could fly home next week,,,

have a great day girls.

POrun

Happy Friday!!! We got a cold front!!! Low of 70 and highs of only 84 for the weekend!!!!!!!!! Great tri race weather!

RR: Ran 3 miles with the tri group. I just ran at my 10K tri race pace. Ha, we'll just call it easy pace. I'm not sure I'll be able to go faster after swimming a mile then biking 27... My goal for Sunday is to finish strong, and do the best I can. I have a time goal of what I think that should mean, but it's not anything crazy fast, so if everything goes well, I'll be happy! Doing a last course swim with the group tonight, then race Sunday.

NRR: Work Friday week, boo! My dad is doing the spinal tap today and an MRI. Wish him happy thoughts, please! Other than that, I'll be doing school work tonight/tomorrow. So exciting!

GSD: Hmm, I usually like books with a lot of psychotic issues going on, so I don't think I'm a good book suggester... Glad DH is coming home tonight.

RLTW: I hope you don't get the full cold!

Sassy: Have a great 19 mile run!!! Oh, I hope Birdie gets rid of those fleas quickly!!!

Meli: Sending you well wishes and happy thoughts!!! Even though the job situation is tough, I'm sure getting out of there will be a good change for you. I hope you find something else quickly! Lots of love!!!

Taylor: Rock the marathon this weekend!!!

NC: Hello! I never get a chance to actually do more personals during the day, so didn't want to forget you.

Outwest: Hello to you too!!

Have a great Friday ladies!

taylorma1

gsd-have a fun time with DH home this weekend

RLTW-sorry about the cold. Hope it goes away soon. How is the new job treating you?

Sassy-have a great 19 miles! Are you still looking at Chapel Hill to move, or other places around the triangle? The place where my dad lives in Durham is a great area and very kid friendly too

meli-any prospects on jobs yet? Or are you just going to take some time off?

PO-good luck at your tri race!!!!!

RR: easy shakeout mile done with some strides. Marathon tomorrow!!!

NRR: busy day. DMV then picking up DBF from the bus station. So excited he is here to watch me run this weekend! Then going to the expo, grabbing lunch, then heading back here and relaxing for the rest of the day. Can't wait to race tomorrow!

lizo_77

good morning ladies!

RR: 3 miles last night and 1 mile this morning with a womens health workout. tonight I'd have loved to do another 2 miles but I'm out of town for work. boo that.

NRR: Work day. busy. I have two projects that I'm trying to make some progress on. and I have two meetings that I wish I could get out of. Then I'm traveling with my boss up north for a university president's inauguration ceremony and won't get home till about 9pm.  then it's the weekend and hopefully no work! I told M this morning that I want to go to our local art center. There is a new tyrannosaurus Rex exhibit up there which is life size so sounds really cool.  He seemed ok with me pulling him away from college football. Shocked Other than that, I need to do some good house cleaning and yard work this weekend.... but don't want to over do it either. So we'll see.

lizo_77

gsd: I'm currently reading Dan Brown's latest..... don't remember the title, but it's pretty good if you like that kind of novel.

rltw: hope you can shake the cold off! feel better girl!

sassy: awww about the fleas! ick too! hope you can get rid of them and have it not affect you guys!

mel: hope you get all the work stuff you need to do done! yay for it being almost your last day!

po: you are going to do great! good luck!

taylor: yay! the race is here! it's cool your DBF can watch you run!

Ok. Some building plans are calling my name....

monk717

TGIF!

RR: Not today, hoping to run 6 early tomorrow.

NRR: Another night of bad sleep for P and in turn, us. I think he's overtired and I'm so over this whole "too tired to sleep" thing. I'm not too tired to sleep. Tonight I'm going to try and get him to bed earlier. Its so hard to do everything during the week. He's smiley as ever when we got him up this morning though!

Sunday is DH and my sixth anniversary! We just went to Vegas and we didn't really want to mess with baby sitters so we're goin gto do a fun family day tomorrow to the train museum an hour away. The highlight is riding in the real 1903 locomotive. We've done it a few times before and always enjoy it. We'll also have lunch at the pizza buffet that we discovered last time we were there. After the kids go to bed we'll drink wine. Maybe I'll try to start P out in the kids' room so DH and I can have the room to ourselves for a little bit...

So you may remember DH has been unemployed since January when the big corp downsized the Madison location. They kept one person in his department, who is DH's good friend. Well his friend just got a different job within the company and its starting to look like a possibility that DH may go back to his old job there. The only hang up would be if they'd take him back at his previous salary. Part of the reason he's still unemployed now is because he was making a pretty inflated salary for his type of work and we're luckily still in a position to be a little picky. This is very very early in the process, but we're hopeful because going back to that job for that salary would allow the flexibility and cash flow to buy a new house by next summer!

I'm long winded today, sorry. I had my thyroid tested the other day and had to increase my meds again. Its annoying because after I had P they put me back on the dose I was on before pregnancy. So now I'm back up to the dose I was on in pregnancy. I wish I'd just stayed there all along! I suppose I was still having symptoms but its sometimes hard to tell what are thyroid symptoms and what are lack of sleep because my baby won't sleep symptoms. I wish I could get my dose regulated though because I'm tired of needle pokes every six to eight weeks.

RunLikeTheWind23

Sassy: I did get my 4 mlies in last night! Little bit of pain...but I did it!!! Smile

LucyBelle

I'm posting late and who knows if anyone will see this, but I'm trying to get back into the habit of posting. Better late than never, right?

RR: Blah. Yesterday I walked a mile on some trails and did some crunches and push-ups. I'll try and run later today if I have the energy.

NRR: I think I have the post-wedding blues! Sad I'm just kind of in a funk. I actually think it's the "wedding is over/we're super poor/I'm a grad school widow/I hate my job" blues. LOL. We're having to put ourselves on an incredibly strict budget since my salary sucks and CRH just has his grad school stipend and it's really hard. By incredibly strict budget I mean we can pretty much only afford to pay bills and nothing else. The wedding had nothing to do with it since my parents paid for that, it's just our salaries. Blah. Also CRH is soooooo busy all the time that I never see him and he's only sleeping 3 or 4 hours a night. Double blah.

Well aren't I just a ball of sunshine today!?!?

LucyBelle

GSD: I'd totally share the bed with Lucy, who, although tiny, manages to take up half the bed, whenever DH is gone! Enjoy having your DH home this weekend!

RLTW: CRH and I are just getting over a cold like that, yuck! Get lots of rest and lots of fluids!

Sassy: Oh no, not fleas! I can't really think of anything more than what you're doing to help...when you give her a flea bath, do you start with her face? That's a little tip I learned, you need to start with her face because otherwise the fleas will run and hide in her ears and such and not get killed. Gross I know...

Meli: You're almost done there! One more day!! You can do it! Any promising job leads? Is DH working now? I can't remember...

POrun: Sending all the positive thoughts I have to your dad!!!! I hope it's good news!

Taylor: Good luck this weekend! Can't wait to hear how it went!

Lizo: I hope you get to go to the arts center this weekend. I'm always telling DH I want to go to our state museum, which is only 10 minutes from our house, and yet we never make it there.

Monk: Fingers crossed DH gets his job back! Happy early anniversary!!

NorCal

Morning girls!

Sassy- Louie broke out in fleas for the first time ever, just a couple weeks ago. We used to use Advantage until we moved here where there are ticks, we switched to Frontline, which was fine for 2 years. We switched back to Advantage and in 2 days, they were gone. Weird! The pet store said it's just a bad year for them and the poison in Advantage is working better. Good luck with your 19 miler, you'll rock it!

PO- Hi! Miss chatting with you! Good luck at your Tri this weekend!!!

GSD- I just read Cutting for Stone, which was fantastic!!! I love, love, love when L sleeps with us! We just started letting him this year and it's so sweet. He sleeps on my side right against my legs. I love hearing him snore at night! Smile

Monk- Happy Anniversary!!

Lucy- Sorry for the Blues! Hope you can find ways to enjoy time together even tho CRH is super busy. And I hear ya on the budgeting, but it stinks!

Taylor- BEST OF LUCK!!! You're gonna rock that marathon, can't wait to hear about it!!!!

Lizo- Hope you have a good weekend!

RLTW- Hope you're not getting sick. Get lots of rest!

RR. Took yesterday off and I think I'm taking today off too. I KNOW it's best to listen to my body and rest, since my hamstring is sore. But it's SO HARD to skip a planned run! I feel like by missing a tempo run, I'm really hurting my training. Stupid, I know! Getting to the starting line healthy is MOST important! Plus, I have a 10 miler tomorrow and a BIG hike Sunday.

RR #2. I registered for NAPA VALLEY MARATHON yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited! My good friend S also is running it plus a friend from my running group.

NRR. A couple of clients are coming to see me today, last day at old office. One is a new client, so hoping it goes well and she becomes a regular. The other is a great client who has now referred me 3 clients, so I'm giving her a 90 minute gift certificate as a thank you!

Tomorrow, after my run, we're heading to Lake Tahoe, spending the night in a hotel and doing a big hike to a 10,000 foot peak Sunday. Hope the weather holds, it's kind of late in the season for it, but DH really wants to go!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Got in a brisk 7 trail miles with Miss Fay and it was so much fun! We are having a cold snap, complete with a light frost, and I wore long sleeves and capris on my run. So nice!  Yoga tonight.

NRR: Well I'm back home early and am taking the day off to do laundry and nap. Not much else going on..I think that was my last work trip for the year so now I can (hopefully) really settle into my routine.

GSD - Fay slept on the bed with me and the cats last night. It was actually really nice, except she took up a lot of space, and I was wedged between her and the cats.

RLTW - Could it be allergies?

Sassy - Congrats on all these running milestones!!

Meli - How many weeks until your IM?

PO - Good luck to your dad on his procedure today.

Taylor - GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!  and have a great weekend with DBF!

Lizo - Ugh, cleaning the house...I probably should do that, too.

Monk - Happy anniversary, and fingers crossed for your DH!

Lucy - Grad school was the absolute brokest I have ever been in my life.