Womens Running

Typical Tuesday Supermoms (Read 15 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: planning on 6 after my first PT client this morning. It's perfect running weather right now.

TR: posted this in the FB thread yesterday- he told me "I love you" on Sunday evening. First time he's said it unprompted. Love him. Went to the park yesterday morning, and were only there for 30 minutes because he kept walking around looking sad saying "no kids." So we went to a different park, tons of kids there, and he was happy.

NRR: quiet week. 33 weeks today!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 10k plus ST"ing tonight.

KR - fell down and skinned her palms last night at the end of our walk, poor kid, I had to wash them off too which hurt a lot.  I was glad it was my night to put her to bed as we snuggled and read Charlotte's Web for a while.

TR - the whole time DH was putting her to bed she was saying "momomomom" haha.  She is such a stinker too - so independent when she wants to be and then not so much - she spend a good portion of our walk last night crying and asking to be carried.  She's small but she's heavy!

FR - DH is in charge!

RG - this week is supposed to be perfect running weather here too, I'm sad that I'm tapering... sorta!  Aww on R's I love you and how much he wanted kids at the park, M could care less about other kids.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

fine then, don't post in the other thread. 

RR - woken up by massive t-storm around 3 am and SEEMS to have calmed down now.  I would like to run outside if at all possible..5.6K loop.

KR - when I took him to school yesterday, some kid came up and asked him, "is this your mommy?" B: no.

FR - curry chicken pasta salad (thanks mer for the pasta salad idea)

NRR - one of my many reasons I was in a bad mood yesterday: getting stinkeye while dropping B off at school from the overweight moms in head to toe black baggy tshirt and yoga pants, clutching a coffee, when I'm wearing running gear (skirt + tshirt) and VFFs.  And then REPEAT stinkeye later on when I ran past drop off at a local elementary school.  I'm trying not to give a shit but I'd be lying if I said it didn't bug me...

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3.05 last night (was  in a hurry otherwise it would have been a 5k), planning on running with RP after work, not sure if it will be with or without a stroller- DH is supposed to be off work at 2, so hopefully he will be done at the gym by the time I'm off work.

RR2: Hell might be freezing over, I'm actually shopping for a fall half. I am looking at http://wwmultisports.com/Walla-Walla-Marathon.cfm and http://www.columbiagorgemarathon.com/  but I remembered that I'm supposed to go to St Louis for work October 2&3 (but will probably have to fly in and out the day before and after), so that would make it during peak week for columbia gorge or the week before Walla Walla. My RP said she preferred the one on the 26th. Terry- what did you think of Seattle last fall? Its going to be December 1 again this year, maybe I'll look into doing that one instead. Oh and I'm looking at doing a trail 10k in June, and then some 4th of July races.

TR: No timeouts yesterday. Took him to the store to get ice cream, since that's our deal for no time-outs, and then he ran away from me in the parking lot on the way out and I had to carry him while he was acting like a flailing octopus. I had half a mind to go return the ice cream.

FR: Made a turkey black bean chile verde enchilada casserole thing. DH liked it and ate pretty much 1/2 of a 9x13 pan by himself.

NRR: Got all my laundry done before I have to pack. Well almost, I loaned some clothes to a friend that I will need to wash (I have to use hypoallergenic detergent), but other than that, I can start packing.  Bookclub tomorrow, I think its been over a year since I went and one of my bookclub ladies said I was missed desperately, so I read Orphan Train, which was pretty good.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

TR2- When he sings the Alphabet song, "L, M, N, O, P" sounds like "Oh whoa whoa whoa Pee!", he sometimes mixes in some twinkle twinkle little star as well.

RG- R said I love you to me for the first time, I think it was last week? Anyways, it was when I picked him up for daycare, and I loved it. He hasn't said it since though. My town is weird, people will leave the park if you show up, like they don't want your kids to play together or something! You need to post a bump pic to the FB group!  I have a friend that is 32 weeks and she posted a comparison pic, and she is bigger now at 32 weeks than she was at 38 weeks with her daughter

CA- R is really solid like that too, he seems to have sprouted up recently though! Yowch, skinning your hands its the worst!

zorbs- I sometimes get weird looks when I show up to daycare in workout clothes- a little kid asked me what my bra straps were the other day lol. Maybe its because I'm all sweaty and nasty though Smile  If anyone was giving you the stinkeye, it was out of jealousy.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - Seattle was good, well organized, the hills at the end of the full sucked ass though, and I wouldn't do the marathon again bc of that.  The rest of the course for the full was nice and all along the lake.  Would the Gorge race be crazy windy?  I just remember when we drove past the gorge that it felt like the wind was going to pick our car up, and know that the gorge is a wind surfing mecca. You should come to the Okanagan!! Smile

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - Seattle was good, well organized, the hills at the end of the full sucked ass though, and I wouldn't do the marathon again bc of that.  The rest of the course for the full was nice and all along the lake.  Would the Gorge race be crazy windy?  I just remember when we drove past the gorge that it felt like the wind was going to pick our car up, and know that the gorge is a wind surfing mecca. You should come to the Okanagan!! Smile

RPs have passports because of SeaWheeze last year, I would need to see if they are up for a longer drive. WW is less than 2.5 hours (and we could stay with my aunt that owns a winery) and Columbia gorge is 3.5 hours. Another option is Snohomish river run (3.5 hours) but the course is a super flat out and back. CG is an out an back, but is very hilly. I think Okanagan is the same weekend as Walla Walla- Joan said the CG or Snoho river race would work better with her schedule. I will look at the elevation profile of Seattle.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I think it snowballs, B didn't say I love you for a long time unprompted, but then now he says it very often.

CA - Amy and I were certainly sad that we're on marathon recovery on Mother's Day when it was about 13 degrees, no wind and not a cloud in the sky..wanted to run for hours and hours!

spike - your 3.05 miles is making my brain hurt. As I've said many times, get your butt here and I will kick your ass to a sub 2:15 PR.  There are a ton of fall HMs near me.  bahahha on flailing octopus.  B will make up random lyrics for familiar songs.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

beckykay

RG:  Wow 33 weeks!  How exciting.  Is the house ready for the new baby?

CA:  C still asks to be carried when he is tired, uh no buddy you are too big for that!

Zorbs:  I give people who are going running the stinkeye too, especially if I have to go to work and didn't get my own run in.

Spike:  Ugh, C does that.  As soon as he gets his reward, he acts like a stinker.  I tell him all the time I am going to return it and he shuts up real quick.

And for me -

RR:  TM tonight, or I may even try to sneak up to the mountain.

KR:  Complained that his shirt was too big this morning.

NRR: Work is not so busy today, but very irritating.  I HATE having to climb over their dog all day long that lays in the middle of the door way.  Don't bring your stupid dog to work.....

FR:  Salad

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I will take you up on your offer some day, but no money to do that right now with the yard project Sad

Becky- I've always thought people who bring their pets to work were unprofessional. Its one thing if you need to look after it short term because its sick or something, but pets don't belong in the workplace. We have an accountant here that has lost clients because of her barky chihuahuas in her office.

beckykay

Spike - exactly!  I just complained to bossman that IT guy was having to step over him constantly and bossman said I don't give a shit, I am paying him.  Nice attitude dickwad.

runnergirl9508

CA- aw, poor M! I always thought the skinned knees/hands hurt worse than an actual cut. Glad you got to snuggle with her. Have a good run tonight. How much is your mileage decreasing overall this week? I usually reduce by 20% the first week, another 20% the second week.

zorbs- wtf on the weird looks. was it because they were jealous of how in shape you are? what was your response to B saying you weren't his mommy?

spike- yay for looking around for a race!!! I really wanted to run the Wineglass Half this year, but I will only be 3 months pp, and I remember with R I had really bad pelvic pain anytime I tried to run longer than 8 miles for the first 6 months or so. There's another local half in Nov that I might do. Nice of you to loan clothes to your friend- I'm weird about stuff like that, lol. Ugh, sorry about the flailing octopus. I would have eaten the ice cream in front of him, so mean Wink

Becky- we're getting there in regards to the house being ready. R's room is just about ready for primer and paint. We'd have that part done if we hadn't gone away this weekend. And DH has been stuck working til 11pm every night the last week and a half, so he can't get anything done in the evenings after work like he usually does. I agree with spike- not professional to have your dogs at the office. Some people just don't care for animals, and I know it can be a real turn off for them. Hope you can get in a great run later!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- I'm really generous with letting people borrow stuff or feeding people, not as generous with actual dollars though. I'm cheap, I can't help it, I was raised really frugally and it paints me to part from money. I'm also weird about being given gifts.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - I checked and the seattle half does go along the same last 10 km's as the full.  It's a nice course, but the hills were tough - obviously that's worse when you're in the last 10k of a full though too. There are a ton of nice races in your area, I've dreamt about running lots of them!

becky - ugh I agree on the dog, RP's work allows dogs and she's always telling me some sort of dumb story about dogs behavior in the office.

RG - I think the plan has us down to just 54 km's this week, so that's more than 30% but he keeps the intensity fairly high.  I've never finished a marathon cycle completely uninjured, so running more than the bare minimum is new to me Smile

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- there seems to be a better selection of spring races than fall races here though. Leavenworth Oktoberfest Half was my favorite, and I have run it 3 times, but I won't do it again because they screwed up big time last time and I DNF'd. They doubled the field but didn't expand the size of the water stops and I couldn't get to the tables or they ran out of water, they also changed a course in a way that I didn't like- instead of 1 challenging hill out and back with a beautiful view, they added 3 short, demoralizing boring neighborhood out and backs, and then added a trail portion that was hard to pass on. Lots of Noobs run this race and have terrible ettiquette.