Womens Running

Monday Madness - Supermoms (Read 15 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 4 miles with 2K @ MP.

KR - gets irrationally angry.  He definitely gets that from me.  Yesterday, when we were driving to DH's race, he yelled at me to drive slower so I wouldn't hit any runners.

FR - chinese sausage fried rice.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  SRD.  My legs felt dead yesterday after my race Saturday night.

BR:  Up all. freaking. night.  Tylenol didn't do the trick so he slept in either my or DH's arms all night.

TR:  Pooped on the potty twice last night!  I am SO sick of this is he PTd or not thing and am going to be more strict with the potty.

NRR:  Super busy weekend.  It was good, but I want some down time.  We were gone during naps both Saturday and Sunday.  It is nice to be busy though.  Finding a happy medium.

FR:  Need to grocery shop.  I had something here....but can't remember!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: just shy of 3 yesterday with RP and her daughter. I'm loaning her daughter a tank and my Timex to wear to Bloomsday on Sunday, its a little big but RP didn't want to buy her a shirt for the race.

TR: Gah, won't listen to a word I say unless I raise my voice. I was tired of him dicking around this morning, and told him he could have a skittle if he went and put his shoes and coat on right away. When he didn't listen I yelled at him to DO IT NOW. So  he got them on and asked for his Skittle and was mad when I said he couldn't have one because i had to yell at him to get him to go.

FR: Last night was steak and veggies, tonight is something with chicken or something with ground turkey. Sounds tasty, huh?

NRR: I had a really nice weekend. I was totally lazy on Saturday, which I never do, and my day culminated in a "Wine and Art walk" where I paid $20 to taste 12 different wines. I bought a nice bottle of Chenin blanc there. Yesterday we went for a hike with R, the kid has suprising endurance.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- R does this over the top dramatically angry face. He has a hard time holding it and will crack a smile.

Mer- the key to adherence to potty training with R was short AND long term rewards. So he got a skittle after each potty success and if he stayed dry all day, he got a popsicle at the end of the day. You can even throw in one for the whole week if he has trouble going more than a couple days without accidents. R is mad because I won't give him candy anymore. Daycare does, but I told him he's a big boy who always goes on the potty so he doesn't need a reward anymore.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp followed by 5.6 miles this morning. It was chilly- frost on the grass.

TR: had so much fun this weekend playing with his cousins. He slept great both nights we were gone. Stayed awake in the car for the whole drive both ways- it's 3.5hrs!

NRR: had a fun, relaxing weekend away. Ended up leaving R with my parents while DH and I went to the hockey game with my brothers on Fri, since R hadn't taken a nap and the game didn't start until 7. Sat was a family BBQ at my parents house, which was nice. Grocery shopped this morning and need to catch up on laundry.

Zorbs: race week!!!! Lol at B telling you to go slower.

Mer: nice job on your 10k. Was it a night race? Hope that H lets you sleep tonight.

Spike: bloomsday is on my list of races to someday run! R loves to hike, too! I'm always amazed that he's happy hiking for a couple of hrs and doesn't seem tired. Tage wine walk sounds awesome. I can't wait to have a nice glass of wine. 9 weeks to go...

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runninmer

zorbs - That's J too.  He gets it from DH...we've talked about it quite a bit.

spike - Glad you had a relaxing weekend. The wine tasting sounds like fun.  I agree about the rewards.  We have been super consistent with peeing in the toilet and he knows to either do it on his own, or to let us know.  For pooping, he has been going in a diaper because he would meltdown when sitting on the toilet.  He did AWESOME last night.  He did cry after the first one, but he's an emotional guy.  I think we will do M&Ms for pooping.  We used to do them for peeing, but he has that mastered.  You don't need to be rewarded for something you have mastered...although grandma still rewards for it.  She is a whole other story!  I just hope he continues with it....and I wish he would poop on the big potty because it is SO gross.  Also, I have been meaning to tell you that I give you credit for the work you do.  I have been working with our local office and the lady that is there with the "bossman" pretty much runs the show!

rg - Glad you had a good weekend.  Yes, it was a night race.  Made for decent temps.  I didn't like not being able to see the road, but if that is the worst of it, it was fun.  Two of my co-workers were there so I hung out with them afterward.  It was fun...but made for a late night and early morning with everything we had going on.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- My boss knows that I'm his right hand and rewards me for it   When clients say "We know who really does all the work here" bossman always talks me up. We have JD Power & Associates do these client satisfaction surveys for our company, and right now my rating is 89%, pretty happy with that!  I hope you are having a good experience with your local office, we really try hard to make people feel like they are taken care of. I hope J starts pooping in the potty, R actually mastered that first, then worked on the pee. He has very sensitive skin though, so I think the potty is more comfortable for him.

RG- lol I've never done Bloomsday, and its only 2 hrs away. I just don't feel like driving to Spokane (2 hrs) twice in 3 days this week. Maybe next year. If you do it, I will go do it too! You should look at the second seeding though, you don't need to be stuck in the back of the pack with us slowpokes.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - you know there was nothing we said or did that made B want to potty train before he was ready.  Once he started doing it, we'd still put him in pullups out in public and he'd pee in them just because he could.  At that point we just went cold turkey with pullups and he's good 99% of the time.

spike - I think I would describe B's behaviour as what you have called 'defiant'.  Instead of saying no, he's all NO!!!!!!!! in a really bad tone of voice.  Spanking, sending to his room, etc has no effect on him.

rg - did they teach you anything about race day mental strategies at RRCA?  People keep sending me links for books I should read, etc and I feel like when the going gets tough that I don't have the mental toolkit to deal.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

mer - you know there was nothing we said or did that made B want to potty train before he was ready.  Once he started doing it, we'd still put him in pullups out in public and he'd pee in them just because he could.  At that point we just went cold turkey with pullups and he's good 99% of the time.

spike - I think I would describe B's behaviour as what you have called 'defiant'.  Instead of saying no, he's all NO!!!!!!!! in a really bad tone of voice.  Spanking, sending to his room, etc has no effect on him.

rg - did they teach you anything about race day mental strategies at RRCA?  People keep sending me links for books I should read, etc and I feel like when the going gets tough that I don't have the mental toolkit to deal.

Yup. R refuses to cooperate. Usually shutting him in his room and telling him to clean it adjusts his attitude. I suppose B just has a higher level of commitment to the craft of defiance than R lol

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Yup. R refuses to cooperate. Usually shutting him in his room and telling him to clean it adjusts his attitude. I suppose B just has a higher level of commitment to the craft of defiance than R lol

yup, out of the blue this afternoon B screamed, "I WANT TO PLAY TRAINS NOOOOOOOOOOOW!!"

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

i cannot replicate in text the nasty tone that he said it in.

superspike113

Honorary Old

i cannot replicate in text the nasty tone that he said it in.

Oh I know exactly what you are talking about. The screetching with irrational rage. Yeah, I am familiar with that.