Womens Running

TUESDAY SNOOZEDAY DIVAS (Read 15 times)

OJewel

I'm tired. Lol.

OJewel

Good morning ladies!

RR- I am going out for 3 or so in a few minutes. First real run post marathon!

RR2- of course, over a week post race, I have the itch for a new marathon...haha. We'll see how I feel once it gets really cold out there.

NRR- work.  Presentation stuff. My presentation isn't until oCt 30 but it's a big one. Plus I have new employees starting and I'll be doing a ton of training next week so I'm trying to spend as much time on the presentation as possible. Also heading out to PA tomorrow so hopefully I will get a lot done out there since there's not much else to do besides work.

Have a great day! I'll try and check back in at the office.

MA runner girl

Morning!

rr: 2 miles yesterday. I felt good, so I'm excited to start building my base back up. I think I found a goal half to target in April. Smile

Nrr: got 10 hours of work done yesterday! sweet. Today I need to go to costco and the grocery store. Then tonight is dinner at my grandparents. We missed last week due to being sick so I'm looking forward to it!

Jewel - are you thinking of a spring marathon? I don't know if I could ever train for one in the winter! I think I'm going to run the Stratton faxon Danbury half. my brother lives in Danbury so i think my parents will come too and pick up my neice and nephew too Smile it's the first Sunday in April, if it's the same weekend as last year. That's pretty close to you isn't it?

have a good day ladies!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

taylorma1

Jewel-immediately when I finished my last marathon,  I was thinking about my next one. I am thinking of doing a spring race too. Training over the winter will be tough, but I just need to get my butt in gear and do it. Hate running on the TM so most of my runs will probably be outside

MA-nice job building the base back up. Glad you had a fun time at the race this weekend

RR: 7.85 miles this morning. Starting to increase my mileage a little bit now. I am running a half on November 30th, and I really want to PR, so I am going to get some workouts in this week

NRR: had a wonderful time in Chicago this weekend. I got to see the last mile of the Chicago marathon from DBF's balcony. So much fun cheering on the runners, and it inspired me to sign up for Chicago next year! I am actually heading back to Chicago this weekend too because it's DBF's birthday

lizo_77

hi OJ!

RR: did weights today. 7 min bike warm up before that. felt pretty good. I got home last night and did 3.8 miles. It felt good to run the day off.  It was a tough one. why can't we just skip mondays all together??

NRR: One meeting this afternoon. Otherwise, could I please have a productive nobody bother me day?? M cooked eggs, bacon and sausage last night. lol. it was absolutely awesome! I came up from the basement after my run to the smell of.... breakfast!! tonight, probably some work then hoping for some brain downtime. We got 2.2 inches of rain yesterday and it's still coming down. Not as much this morning, but it's still sprinkling.

OJ:L enjoy that first official run post marathon and don't push it!!

MA: yay for productive work days! that's awesome you got so many hours in! good luck grocery shopping and hope you get what you need at costco!

later ladies!

lizo_77

taylor: that's cool that you got to see part of the marathon! that's one that I've had my eye on but never had the guts to do because it''s so far from home! I'm a cheap marathoner. haha.

POrun

Happy Tuesday!!!

RR: Running 5 tonight with DH. Swam 2000yds this morning. The pool is not heated, and is outdoors, and it is starting to get cool. I'm hoping it doesn't get too cold by the end of the month!

NRR: Not too much, just getting through work, and living to get through to the weekend! We're going to have a busy weekend! We're visiting family friends on Thursday-Saturday morning. Saturday I'm going to check in my bike for the tri on Sunday on my way back home, then DH and I are going to run a 5K (part of a series we signed up for) on Saturday evening. I'm going to drive back down to stay in a hotel with a friend near the race, then Sunday is the tri. It's going to be a busy weekend, but should be fun!

Meli: Way to go on all the workouts this past weekend. I don't think you should worry too much about time since really, your goal is to finish the IM, and no matter what time you finish, you're going to be able to cross the finish line and know how much you accomplished!

OJ: I hope the 3 miles went well! Ha, I'm always the same after a big goal race. I think it gets tougher when it's always dark though.

MA: Good job getting all of the work done! A goal half in April sounds like a great plan!

taylor: Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I'd really like to run Chicago again... maybe next year, but at the same time, there's so many great smaller races too. I'm always so torn! I hope you have a great day!

Have a great day ladies!

SassySparky

Morning Smile

RR: Did an easy 3 on the TM. Last night I had the most amazing sports massage and I am going back to the same MT in two weeks. My hips work again! I didn’t realize how tight my butt and hips were.

NRR: Back to work. It was nice to have the day off yesterday. I spent time with G, got to go shoe shopping and had a massage. It was a good mental health day. Now I’ve got a nice to do list and some renewed energy for work! Lab meeting in a few minutes then I’m going to teach my undergrad something new this afternoon so I can focus on thinking and reading while he does some busy work for me!

Jewel – hope you had a good, pain-free run! You’ve been doing lots of marathons lately, like two a year? I was talking with Big D over the weekend about planning out our race schedule for next year and that I already want to train for a spring marathon. He was like, Why don’t you run your first one and then decide?!?!

MA – great job running and April seems like the perfect amount of time to build a base and prepare for a half. Nice that you aready have half of your work done for the week!

Taylor – is your half in Indiana? So glad you got to enjoy a weekend with family and friends.

Lizo – so are you still loving your TM? Wow I can’t believe all the rain you’re getting.

PO - that's an impressive swim distance. I just got back to work and I'm living for the weekend too!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

POrun

Lizo: I hope you get your productive, no body bother you day! I think if you splurge on a marathon, Chicago is a great one! I'm from that area though, so I could be biased. That was my first, and it was a terribly hot day, so not a great race for me, but it was so much fun!

POrun

Another cross post!

Sassy: Glad you had a nice day off work yesterday with G!

taylorma1

Sassy-nope, it will be in the Chicago suburbs

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: USRD. I got a phone call from a friend with whom I hadn't spoken in a while, so I was up late with that, and then by the time I woke up this morning, I wouldn't have been able to fit in the run and get to work at a decent time, considering what I have to do today, so I bailed. Long sentence to say I bailed, huh? :P  ST tonight.  I also rearranged my training schedule so that the week of Thanksgiving and the week of Christmas are cutback weeks. Then I have a one last long run, then two weeks of taper before the actual race.

NRR: Work and continuing with little projects around the house. This is somewhat RR, but I must say I've been frustrated with my schedule this month. Everything feels out of whack because I'm not running M T TH S, but I know it's because of previous commitments and will be over soon. Such a creature of habit!  I also feel like I haven't been on a consistent sleeping schedule, either. Hmph.

outwestrunner

Jewel - I love that you're already planning your next marathon! Good luck getting everything taken care of for the presentation.

MA - Nice work getting 10 hours in yesterday!! Now you can take it easy the rest of the week!

Taylor - I hate the treadmill, too. Just the thought of it is enough to get me outside, no matter what the weather. Because even if it's crappy outside, it's an adventure.

Lizo - Wow, do you all normally get this much rain this time of year? 2.2" is a lot!

PO - Your weekend schedule makes me tired! I love that you've bounced back from surgery so successfully.

Sassy - Glad you had a good day off yesterday. Sometimes the weekends aren't long enough.

OJewel

Hi again!

MA - I am totally close to Danbury! Its about 45 minutes away if memory serves. I would be up for that race! diva meetup! And great job on 10 hours of work yesterday. I'm sort of considering a winter marathon...lol...central park marathon Feb 24. Then I'd do a spring half. I found a good 12 week marathon plan that takes me from Dec 1-Feb 24 for the marathon. Its a small, NYCruns race but looks like it will be a blast. I'll at least do the half for that race if I decide the marathon is too much committment for the winter, lol.

Taylor - totally hate the TM too. I have a membership at a community center gym near me so last winter I would often run there (about 2 miles), hop on the TM for the middle miles, run home. It actually worked well. Sooo impressed with your post-mary mileage! And the Chicago marathon always looks like a blast.

lizo - Hope no one bothers you today! I hear ya on that. Sometimes its best to just be left alone.

PO - that's a busy racing weekend you have! Good luck at both! What distance is your tri again?

outwest - I'm with you. I feel out of whack because of working so much and then being away before, and then stopping running after the marathon. Enjoy that USRD - sounds like you're taking it for a good reason. Sometimes we need the sleep. What day is your race?

Sassy - sounds like that massage is well deserved! Glad you had a nice time with G yesterday and are coming back refreshed. I totally forgot it was a holiday yesterday, oops. I think a lot of places don't close for it anymore. I did 2 a year last year, yea. I feel like I have to pack it in because I would like to have a kid by the time I'm 31 (yea, I'm not even married yet, lol), so who knows. I know tons of moms are awesome marathoners, just not sure if I'll be that mom, lol. I feel like I have the time now, so why not?

So I only did 1 mile because I forgot my car was on the wrong side of the street so I had to move it. I brought my stuff for a gym run at lunch to finish out the 3. Feeling good so far!

MA runner girl

Jewel - yay! Now I just have to stay healthy. It's about 90 min from me, but the race starts at 10am so I figured that's doable. I bet Central Park in February is gorgeous! Is it just 4 loops around? I did a half there in 2012 (more fitness), it was 2 laps around + a little. Fun, but tough!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16