Womens Running

Too early Tuesday (over 40) (Read 17 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Sick puppy. Been up several times since 11. He just asked to go out again. So, we shall see. Maybe I can catch a few hours after this foray outside.

Marjorie

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Since we got a late work start yesterday I did part of my run/cardio workout before going. The rest I did when I came home after work. 35 minutes of it was running, another 35 was cardio. I'm doing a lot of whole body cardio. Umm, this seems to involve flinging my arms around a lot. Anyway, I am determined to speed up my exercise. It has helped my depression a lot.

Today will be some running and cardio.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning - 2 on TM for me, ,may run 2 more outside after work.

Marjorie - too early is right.  Sorry puppy is not feeling well.

Judy - nice run/cardio.  Glad to read you are feeling less down, this time of year is sooo difficult.  I would love to skip Nov - Feb , that time should be melded into May - Oct lol

ginnyb

I did my 5 mile jog/walk dvd this morning.  Just didn't feel like braving the terrible roads and the - chill factors this morning.  I have the day off because my friend from Columbus was supposed to come up and spend the day, but the roads are too bad, so I will spending it along, but that's okay, I will still enjoy the day.

Did you all see where cities are now banning sledding for kids?  Am I just getting so old and crotchety that this just drives me nuts!  Wonder why obesity is rampant?   Could part of it be because we do not let children do anything anymore?  Sorry, just venting.  I do not know how I survived to the ripe old age of 65 doing all these dangerous activities!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Trixie is home and, except for her not sleeping with me, she seems to be fine.  She must have needed her time alone since she was stuck at the vet almost all day.  6 (part with hubby) and weights tonight.

Marjorie, hope the puppy feels better.

Judy, glad to hear it has helped.  I love cardio; it's soul fixing.

LC Runs, nice TM run.  Good luck running outside later.

Ginny, sounds like a good alternative.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!

Slept better last night and had a good run on the treadmill this morning.  5 miles w/2 of those at 8:00 training pace.  Woohoo!  I actually met my interval training today.

Had to give Sadie a bath yesterday.  The thought of "squirrel breath" was quite repulsive.  She just had a bath on Saturday, and she was not happy to return to the tub last night.  Won't make a dent in our squirrel population, but she is still quite pleased with herself and was on the prowl again this morning.

Marjorie--hope your puppy is better.  Hammy or Quincy?

Have a great day everyone!

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, I agree, a bath for Sadie was a good idea. Even though she probably thought it was a terrible one. Just as she gets as smelly and disgusting as she likes, here you come again with the warm water and the shampoo!

Marjorie, which dog was it, Hammy or Quincy?

Judy, the more exercise the better if it combats depression.

Laura, careful if you are running outside, good on the TM run.

Ginny, it is the fear of lawsuits, I think. People don't supervise their kids sledding and then sue the city because the kid hit a tree. The nerve of the city planting trees in parks. Our society is just too litigious and the feeling is that if someone is hurt it's never their fault, somebody else should pay -- or frequently somebody's insurance company should pay.

Damaris, glad Trixie is home.

4 this morning with RN, at a faster pace than usual and my fitbit had trouble with accuracy. It said 3.6 miles and I know that route is 4, I measured it on mapmyrun. I think the longer strides threw it off.

And the "steward" -- good guesses Marjorie, however in this case it was Scrabble. I managed to use all my letters in one turn putting down a 7 letter word. 50 point bonus!

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

No run for me today; it's a SDO. I went to a new class at the Y - athletic yoga. This is my second time going. I like it, but it's hard! Lots of planks into pushups, side planks, and quad work. But also really good hip stretches, which I desperately need.

Marjorie - hope the puppy feels better!

Judy - exercise always improves my mood. As my RB says, running is my Prozac!

Laura - I hope you get outside today.

Ginny - enjoy your day off. Sometimes some alone time is nice.

Damaris - your race from the weekend does not sound well-organized.

Crazysue - nice job on hitting your training pace. I think I'm going to start with some speed work next week.

Tessa - I agree, I think fear of lawsuits is part of the problem. But I also think parents can be so overprotective! So many kids aren't allowed to play outside without supervision or leave their yards. I read a great book called Free Range Kids that had some really interesting statistics and anecdotes.

Off to do some work. I'm avoiding getting started on a big work project - getting it going is always the hardest part. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa it was Quincy. His tummy gets upset easily. He just needed a lot of love. At least I got his meds for it in him before he threw up. Still he wanted to cuddle a lot and wouldn't let me sleep. Nice. I love scrabble!

did run 4.1 tempo miles

Ginny I don't get it either. Kids now aren't even allowed to play without their parents right there. My folks booted me outside in the morning and didn't expect to see us again unless we were hungry, thirsty or got hurt.

Laura hope it warms for you soon

Damaris glad Trixie is back

Cindy looks like we agree with kids not allowed to play!

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

I agree also on the kids not being allowed to play, and DH and I had some enormous fights about that. I allowed them more freedom as they got older and he felt they needed to be watched every moment. I think if they are not allowed to develop independence then they will take it and the results will not be pretty -- or they will not know what to do when they become adults and it will be bad also. There's a place for helicopters but it's not in parenting.

Anonymous Guest

Chiro visit was a success. My hip had apparently moved back to its abnormal tilted forward position, causing one leg to be slightly shorter than the other, which was most likely causing or contributing to my issues. So he adjusted that and a few other things and now I can't wait to go for a run tonight and see how it feels.

And we got our dates from the moving company. They are going to pack us up March 9-10, load March 11-12, and show up at the new house the 17th or 18th for two days of unloading/unpacking. DH will have to be in charge of the movers on this end as we picked the dates so that I could be here to run my committee meetings scheduled for March 10-11. The plan to drive down over the weekend (14-15). It's about a 22 hour drive, so it will take two days of driving.

It was kind of liberating to haul a bunch of furniture and junk to the curb last night. I just hope the county picks it all up like they said they would!

Marjorie, hope the pup is feeling better. Glad you got a run in.

Judy, cardio is magical that way. Keep it up!

Laura, are you still streaking? Impressive to do so through a Michigan winter.

Ginny, I saw the article you posted on fb. Drives me crazy - remember jarts? We played with them and lots of other dangerous-by-today's-standards and survived.

D, glad Trixie is home.

Susan, nice run. Dogs must get so frustrated with humans washing them off after they finally get a good smell going.

Tessa, nice. I saw steward and I thought wine. I guess now I see Scrabble, so I'm thinking, still wine?

Cindy, athletic yoga sounds hard but good. I'm with you on procrastinating today. I had a really productive day yesterday, so today I should be following up on all that, but I just don't want to.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My father fell again. This time in a parking lot. At least she didn't think it was funny but &$;.((?))(?@@&!!!!  I don't think she gets how serious this is. I know it is a downward spiral. I did insist he get a script for PT from his doctor. I have two centers there and will get him to see the best therapist to help with his balance. Having stenosis, neuropathies and so much else going on it is serious. I told her if he falls and breaks a hip he could die. She had him call me and I told him he needs to get the script. She just wants to complain about him. I want to say 'you are his wife, damnit, act like it!

i told dh I will pay his freakin COPAY or deductible if need be. He needs therapy and he needs the correct therapy.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

Karen I'm hoping they took all the stuff you lugged out. If it had been left here 90% of it would have been gone before the trash people arrived.

Marjorie

Hi all!

DD from Miami has been staying with us for the week so thats been nice.  She isn't finding the weather funny though.  16 inches of snow sunday to monday.  Yesterday her and I went to Planet Fitness then dinner.  When we left the house she put on wipers to clear windshield of ice that defroster had melted and boing! One of the wipers stayed frozen on the window with just the arm swinging.  I said "bet that doesn't happen in Miami."

This morning 3.85 miles with 1.85 walking the 13% incline.  Trying to stay close to 120 heart rate... frustrating.

Flying to NYC tomorrow for 3 days.

Lisa