Womens Running

Super Saturday/Sunday (over 40) (Read 16 times)

Bikerchick1

Good Morning!

Lisa - Woohoo - good luck today, can't wait to hear about your race!

Anyone else racing this week-end?

Off for 8 with RB's.  It is chilly here today....in the 20's.  Dinner with friends later.  Am NOT doing good on my weight loss challenge this week....booooo.  Luckily weigh in is only every 4 weeks!

Hi to all!

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day

Started my next project of Santa hat Oreo cookie balls. They are formed and setting up. Will dip them after puppy pool

Karen poor Dh. Food poisoning is terrible!  And to have to travel with it, oh I cannot imagine

good luck Lisa!

have a nice 8 Carol

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I made these today. 3 dozen Oreos in a food processor then add 8 oz block cream cheese. Formed into hats. Dipped in red candy melts then white chocolate with white nonpareils. They are super cute.  Not perfect but were fun. I used mint Oreos.

Marjorie

camille2

Just signing on to say I hope Lisa had good luck!  Can't wait to read about it.

Tessa, I saw that your DD will be home.  Enjoy!

Carol, enjoy the dinner!  I weighed in yesterday so that I'd have a couple weeks in January to get down before

Marjorie, those are very cute!  Will you hubby take them to work?   DD is about to make cookies and we'll make  eggnog while we put ornaments on the tree.  I've had it up so I can enjoy the lights, but we like to do the ornaments together.  We're baking on Monday.  My goal is to take cookies to one of my neighbors before he brings me some.

I'm a bit behind in reading, but will catch up during coffee tomorrow since I'll be home a couple days.  I have a few miles in today and will get in a couple more.  These finals...

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yes Camille, he will take them to work. I think his work folks look forward to their Monday treat. I've been sending something each week for Christmas. Have fun decorating.

Marjorie

Thanks for the good wishes!  7:25 for the 50k which I'm happy with. Was chilly and seemed to get colder for some reason.  Upper 20's to low 30's with big fluffy snowflakes about half way through. Not a fan of all of the running on frozen grassy parts. Especially those that were on an angle. Great volunteers and well stocked aid stations. Felt pretty good throughout but the cold does make for harder breathing so quite a few times felt light headed.  I was shooting for anything under 8 hours and my last 50k was 7:35 I think so this was a PR. Run buddy was aiming for sub 7 and ran a 6:52 which was awesome!

had fun last night finding a taphouse. Driving home now - 2.5 hours.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

A trip to the post office (yes, on the Saturday before Christmas!), 3 miles on the TM, PIlates, finally decorated the tree, 2 loads of laundry, another 5 miles around the neighborhood, and now dinner. It's been a good day. And now DH tells me that we have free HBO right now and Divergent is on tonight. Yay.

Lisa, congrats on the race. Sounds cold. Are there any water crossings in that race because that could be downright miserable.

Marjorie, oh my gosh those are adorable. I'm going to have to look back through your facebook pictures and pick a favorite so I can make something to take to Christmas Eve dinner at friends house.

camille, glad DD is there - sounds like you are having fun.

Carol, hope the 8 went well. I have decided I'm going to get serious about dropping the extra pounds I've put on starting now. Actually starting two days ago. I've been good so far about avoiding the snacks in the office, and keeping them out of the house. My mom sent chocolate along with the Christmas gifts for us....I may wrap that up for the gift exchange Christmas eve. Because clothes are getting tight and I'm running out of fat pants!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

No water crossings this year. A new bridge was built over one creek. A couple muddy, swampy spots but not bad.

Lisa

Hello!  Late check in.  My trail run today ended up being a little over 20 miles since I cut short a couple of the extra segments (others did 25.5).  That was plenty, thanks.  It was an hour's drive away so I didn't get back until the middle of the afternoon.  Some parts of the trails were a little muddy but everything was fresh and green from last week's rain and the creeks were flowing.  A nice day out.

Lisa, woohoo on your 50k!  That's a great time.  Can't imagine being out that long in those chilly temps though.

Carol, hope you enjoyed dinner out with friends.  You can get back on wagon for the weight loss challenge tomorrow.

Marjorie, those santa cap cookies are adorable.

Camille, sounds like a nice day of Christmas cheer with your DD.

Karen, this is a tough time of the year to start working on weight loss so kudos to you.  Your willpower must be far stronger than mine.

Waves to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  Late check in.  Slept late then we went to watch The Hobbit and later an 8 miler and weights.  I had a headache for the whole day but I'm glad it's gone.

Carol, hope your 8 went well.

Marjorie, I am glad you spend the rest day doing those.  Yum.

Camille, hiya!

Lisa, great job on the 50K!

Karen, nice job on the errands and workouts.

Gatsby, nice trail run!

See you ladies tomorrow!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I had a great 8-miler today. I felt really good the whole way, and decided to push the last two miles. I ran really hard, and it felt great! It's been stressful lately, and the run blew out the cobwebs.

Marjorie - those cookies are cute.

Karen - so sorry about DH's food poisoning.

Tessa and Camille - enjoy the time with your DDs.

Damaris - DH and DS1 went to see The Hobbit tonight. I can't wait til my turn!!

Gatsby - I don't blame you for cutting it short; that's a long time on the trails.

Lisa - nice race, and yay on the PR. That's a long time to be out in the cold.

Carol - I think you're brave to even undertake a weight loss challenge this time of year. I'm just trying to hold steady.

Off to bed; tomorrow is a busy day. We have our love feast (a Moravian tradition) at church tomorrow, which is our big musical service of the season. So regular church in the morning, then back to get robed and rehearse in the late afternoon, then followed by the love feast service and the choir party afterward. At least I already made the spinach dip I'm bringing to the party. See everyone tomorrow-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Bikerchick1

Marjorie - Hope yu enjoyed your rest day Smile  Those cookies are adorable!  Figuring you have a run planned today.

Lisa - Awesome 50k!!!  Congrats.

Camille - How nice that your DD is there!  Glad you get to be home for a couple of days.

Karen - I think this is actually the best time of year to watch the diet.  I will still have the occasional treat, or two, or three LOL...but it keeps me from trying everything that is around!  You will lose those extra pounds - though not sure you have any extra to lose :0

Gatsby - Sounds like a lovely 20 miles!!

Damarias - Sorry about the headache.  Glad you were able to get in 8 and weights though!

Cindy - Nothing like a nice run to "get rid of the cobwebs"!!!  Sounds like a busy, but wonderful day today for you!

Had a wonderful 8 miles yesterday am, it was chilly but beautiful!!!  Ran to the nature center and back - it is on a rail trail, and there are trails along a river....there was frost on the trees, ice flowing down the river.  Kept me smiling all day...   Nice dinner with friends.  Today hoping to go out for a walk with DH in the trails at Nature center.

Happy Sunday!

Carol

Up and need to pack.  3 hour drive down to Columbus to pick up DD who drove up all day yesterday and through the night.  Then we go straight to Chicago.  Me for work, oldest DD and youngest DD to hang out and shop. Drive home Tuesday afternoon.  Not looking forward to 8 hours of driving though today.

Marjorie-those Santa hats look good enough.. to eat!  then again, an arm looks good enough to eat.  Those are pretty!

Karen-Divergent was good!  DD hadn't realized it was Chicago until I pointed it out. LOL

Gatsby-nice 20!

Damaris-how was The Hobbit?

Cindy-have a good, if busy, day today!

Carol-sounds pretty!

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  The Hobbit was great.  Typical Peter Jackson movie.  10-15 miles scheduled for tonight.

Cindy, nice 8 yesterday.

Carol, another nice 8.

Lisa, enjoy Chicago!  How are you feeling?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good morning!  I ran an easy 4.6 with my running buddy today.  Then heading over to the neighbors for brunch in a little bit.  Then grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, and one final Christmas gift to find.

Damaris, sounds like you're getting over that bug from earlier in the week.  I'm looking forward to the latest Hobbit movie.

Lisa, careful on the roads and enjoy Chicago with your DDs (well, aside from the work part).  Hopefully you're not too creaky from yesterday's run.

Carol, what a nice trail run yesterday.

Cindy, sounds like a busy day for you today!  Hope all goes well.

Hello to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR