Womens Running

Cold Friday (Over 40) (Read 14 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Noticeably colder. We're wearing jackets here.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday I had a good 60 minute run on the track. Cardio at home for 20 minutes before bed. That seems to loosen me up nicely. Who knew?

Today I plan a track run, some cardio, then visiting a friend.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

It is our 22nd anniversary today.

Im off to run now then work. Dh loves his fitbit I got him. He will figure out how to use it this evening and download the app to track it on his phone etc.

Judy not cold here. Will be mid 90s today

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

No run for me today; I went to Bodyflow. This is a cutback week, so we'll run 11 tomorrow. Trying to figure out how to shift the schedule around to accommodate the long runs - all three of us have kids with activities on Saturdays, so it's tough.

Marjorie - happy anniversary! A fitbit can be very motivating for the right personality type. My college friend/boss is limited in what types of exercise he can do due to injuries sustained in a car accident several years ago, but he started using a fitbit about a year ago and has lost a bunch of weight because he's so obsessed with getting his steps in every day. Hope it works for your DH.

Judy - no jackets here yet!

Karen - glad the meeting is going well. I hope your foot continues to heal.

Lisa - NY and Chicago are fun, but business travel is tiring. I hope it goes well.

Waves to everyone else. I'm off to do the grocery shopping. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Happy Friday everyone! Happy Anniversary, Marjorie!

got back from Las Vegas with my mom and aunt yesterday. It was a nice trip. We saw Terry Fator at the Mirage. I highly recommend his show. Very entertaining and funny. I really enjoyed the buffet at the Mirage too. I did get a 3 mile run in on Wednesday.  Lots of walking of course.

got out in sunshine for 3 miles this morning. 43 degrees, but we're going to warm up again.  We get to see both kids and our granddaughter today. Score!

Have a great weekend!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Cindy I think he will love the fitbit. It will make him more accountable to himself

Glad the trip was fun Shadow!

Ran 10.5. At least when I got up early this am my headache was gone. That was a plus

Marjorie

camille2

Marjorie, happy anniversary!!  I just started using a fitbit 2 weeks ago. It came up in conversation everywhere for about a week, so I picked up the cheapie at REI. I love it so far and hope you hubby does.  What surprised me is that on the day I stayed home, I got a shockingly low number of steps.

Judy and Tessa, it does get easier with time.  The first year was by far the hardest for me.

Hi Cindy and Shadow.

I think I'm just going to walk today. I still have a bunch of business to take care off and it's never as quick as I hope. Best to do it when it's rainy.

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, if he likes gadgets he'll probably like this. I have a fitbit and like it, especially the mileage. I also wear the WW ActiveLink.

Anonymous Guest

3 miles, nice and slow. Crossing my fingers this doesn't cause huge amounts of pain later on.

Marjorie, congrats on your anniversary! We're not too far behind you guys, will be 20 years on the 24th.

Camille, now that I'm used to walking a good bit during the day (to/from train station, lunch, etc.) I think I will be pretty shocked at what my fitbit reads once I start working from home!

Shadow, glad you had a nice trip.

Off to stretch and all those other things, then make dinner. Pilates in the morning, and most likely a bike ride.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Evening, ladies.  Had a busy day today with a deposition.  Ran 5 tonight.

Judy, hope your workouts and visit with a friend went well.

Marjorie, happy anniversary!  Did you give him the Fitbit?  Did he like it?

Cindy, enjoy your 11.

Shadow, glad you enjoyed Vegas.

Camille, hope you enjoyed the walk.

Tessa, hiya!

Karen, enjoy the evening!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page