Womens Running

Taper Madness Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 29 times)

BermyHorse

RR: finally soreness is easing. Yes!! Meeting with my running club in our Nashville rnr shirts for photo. I think they are going running after that. I am definitely not. I think a very slow but easy stroller walk on river park path sounds good. Started looking up more races - found some 5Ks in late May that i think I will incorporate into my hm training. I need to race more.

NRR: bermy2 is coming so hopefully I can get some stuff done and can try to leave DS with her alone for a bit longer this time before he freaks out. My plan is just to increase the increments each time until I get to hair appointment length. I have all year.

TR: sat in his truck right now eating his breakfast.

FR: a lot more dark green veggies. I am craving them. Iron maybe? Dunno. That is one craving I cannot complain about.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

runninmer

mrszm - Not exactly a fun group.  They are all HS teachers so I don't work with them directly.  I am rooming with the Assistant Principal...yeah.  DH and I had tix to go to the game with his BFF and wife, so I am missing the game.  They are going Friday.  No clue about the game last night...I think we were watching chopped!  I was playing Candy Crush!  You'll have to report back about Old Navy if you make it....J needs clothes badly.

stroller - You have a lot going on.  Can't offer much more than a big virtual hug and someone who will read your posts! Smile

CAR - I hope your run is a good one.  Bummer to the wake up, but you are right, from what you have said, O is a really good sleeper.  I find myself having conversations with baby about sleeping and being a good little one!

bermy - Glad to hear your sorness is easing.  I had to think a little bit about who Bermy2 was!  I thought you were talking about your running coach from Bermy for a sec.  Speaking of her, do you have plans to see her again?  5Ks are fun.  There is a 3 mile fun run/walk in the town I live in, but I will be leaving that morning to see Jen in Chicago for a race.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: SRD yesterday- wind is crazy this week. Today is about 40*F and 20 mph winds, hoping the wind doesn't pickup throughout the day. My goal is to get 5.3 miles today to hit 80m this month.

TR: Thinking about putting him on my GF diet- he eats a seriously crazy amount of food and doesn't seem to be growing in proportion to the amount that he eats. He has pretty much polished off one of those giant things of goldfish crackers in 10 days, just as snacks.  Slept until I was in the shower today- babysitter woke him up after 2 hours, I put him to bed @ 7:30 after making him go pee a couple times and limiting fluids. He still had to go potty when he got up today, but at least his diaper wasn't almost sagging off.

FR: Leftovers last night. Either GF burgers and oven fries tonight or maybe chicken salads. I have a recipe for GF bread on my fridge that I've been meaning to make for the last month and I haven't gotten around to it. I don't like the Franz GF bread I can buy at the store- tastes gummy.

NRR: DH off work today, tomorrow and Friday. Bank called in and said our appraisal came in a little low, we have a meeting tomorrow to go over the details- they didn't want to tell me on the phone. Trying not to freak out.  Got my hair cut and blondified yesterday- I don't see myself going back to longer hair for a very long time.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

TR2- He is so much like DH its scary sometimes- especially when it comes to food. He goes on food kicks where he just wants to eat one thing all the time, then suddenly decides its not for him anymore and refuses to eat it- like blueberries, and cottage cheese. Also is obsessed with condiments and can hardly get him to eat without them.

zorbs- good idea to get a physio tuneup today. They are so angelic when they are sleeping- I wait all day for naptime and then they look so sweet once they are asleep I just want to give him a kiss which would probably wake him.  Wow, you guys haven't had chicken pie in a while!

Ernie- I got into pancakes in the fall, I never really liked them much. My favorite recipe is cottage cheese and yogurt pancakes, I need to figure out how to make them GF. R tried blackberries and wasn't a fan- I think it was the texture.

cx2- I hope you like beef!

Jen- Yay for DH being home! Sorry about the tantrums, we are having a lot at our house too. Today he didn't want to leave so I had to pretend that I was leaving without him to get him to put his damn shoes on.

Becky- I love meatloaf, so does DH since its a perfect vehicle for ketchup.

Mer- I miss McDonald's breakfast on my gf diet.

Stroller- sorry little H is feeling so rough Sad  What do your parents do for work- are they ever able to stay home with him when he's sick? Have fun in CO Springs. I'm sorry you're feeling so left out. Since you're tapering, do you think your parents could entertain H for a day so you could go get a coffee, relax, get a massage, something on your own?

mzm- I have been eyeballing TOMS but can't pull the trigger on a $50 pair of flats. I did order myself a cute North Face hoodie and some new boots, even though its almost summer LOL.

CA- I don't know if R even knows how to drink from a regular cup because I always give him a straw or a sippy so he doesn't drench himself. That might be a project for this summer. Weird about the keyboard.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- No tips for easing D's separation anxiety, just hugs. I have been trying to eat more veggies, can't wait for summer and the farmer's market- none of the produce looks that appetizing this time of year.

Marathonjen

Becky – I hope you can get your 5 in today.  Yay for payday.  Tell the boys they need to start cooking more if they are going to be so pickyJ  You are brave for giving up caffeine.  Good luck with that.

Mer – I hope you get your 5 miles in with all the stuff you have going on.  Glad J was good for you…my J wasn’t so good.  Get thee to McD’s for a slushJ

Stroller – I really hope that H is on the mend for real this time.  Poor baby.  Have you tried Neosporin…not sure how much chafe is on the inside…since you can’t really put it in your hoohaa…but…it works wonders on inner thighs!   I hope all your appts go well today.  You sound like a busy lady.  Sorry about the depressed mood.  Like I said in my post…we always want what we don’t have.  However, you took a year off of school to have a baby.  Lots of your friends from school probably look at you and think…wow…I really wish I had a family.  So think of what you gained in that one year…I think it is a lot more than 1 year of school!  Try to focus on the good things…hugs to you!

Mrszm – Boo to the accidents that both DDs had.  I hope you have fun tonight with your sister.  Sounds like a fun and a nice get away.  Find somewhere good to go for supper!  It was storming here this morning too…of course the hardest downpours occurred when I had to be out there and in them.

CA – Hope you have a good run today.  I don’t think using a sippy is bad!  At least she doesn’t have a bottle.  I have seen 3 year olds with bottles.  Sorry O was up and had a leaky diaper.

Bermy – Too fun about having your photo taken with your running group…rock those shirts and be proud!  Glad the soreness is easing.  Have a great walk…hopefully that will loosen the muscles a bit.  LOL to DS eating his breakfast in his truck…too cute.  I love that you have a healthy craving…I need one of thoseWink

Spike – Eww…your weather went from the 80s to the 40s??  Yuck.  I hate running in wind too.  Yay for R actually sleeping longer today. Hopefully it will be a trend.  I hope everything works out with the appraisal.  Yay for a haircut and color!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Jen- weather forecast says 60*F as the high and winds at 15 mph in the afternoon, so that's a lot better. Its 46*F and 25 mph winds right now, so I will take any improvement! I can do 15 mph winds with the stroller, but it really starts sucking bad at 20 mph. Its supposed to get back up to 80*F on Saturday and 85*F on Sunday. That means I should text my RPs to plan around the weather...

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

time for a few...

ernie - yah see I wasn't joking about the weather network being down last night.  I guess your pork chops are like the orange chicken.

rg - yeah I keep thinking B needs more spring/summer stuff, especially with his Destroyer of Pants status.

cx2 - seriously what are you going to do with 100 pounds of ground beef?

mer - I heard something on the radio this morning about today being Honesty Day, is that why you were thinking about saying whatever was in your mind?

bermy - I am craving pretentious asshole massaged kale salad and the kale chips from Whole Foods, you aren't alone with your leafy greens..

spike - we haven't had chicken pie since...last Tuesday..but at the last minute decided to do the marmalade chicken instead, as I will be out all thursday and won't have time to deal with the crockpot before I head out.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - hope the physio works out all your aches. Nothing like a sleeping kid Smile

ernie - M had blackberries yesterday also and kept asking for more! Luckily she is potty trained Smile

RG - I have an ON giftcard, I should go look for some summer stuff for the girls there.

cx2 - watch that knee! UGH on the broken dishwasher!! I'd just go buy a new one with or without dh's approval. We have a freezer full of cow also.

Jen - take a rest day!! I never run 4 days in a row and I'm not pregnant. YAY for dh being home!!!

becky - what? giving up caffeine??? why??

mer - good plan on the SRD yesterday! Hope the 5 goes well tonight, and the rain holds off!

stroller - I hope your guy feels better today Sad I hate when they are sick!! UGH on the chafe, I hope it heals quickly, that's all you need heading into a race! Feel free to vent! But I agree with Jen, you have a beautiful son, they should all be so lucky!!!!

mzm - oh no on all the injuries! Yay for dinner and shopping, sounds awesome!!

bermy - have fun with the running club! I want to see a pic with the race shirt! YAY for bermy2! We had a costco kale salad last night, it was really nice with kale, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries.

spike - M eats a crazy amount too.. as does O now, and yesterday I had O in a pair of 0-3 mos pants. Ugh on the bank business... I hope it's not too bad and can be worked out easily.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

Becky - Ah, that makes sense about the caffeine. When I was in law school, I drank ridiculous amounts of coffee, at all hours of the day and night. I'm sure the fact that there was a Starbucks right in the lobby didn't help. I did a mini detox like yours and started feeling waaaay more rested in the mornings. I am still a coffee addict, but now my addiction consists of a reasonable two cups of coffee each day.

Bermy - Yes, you should sign up for a 5k race for sure! You will probably find you are speedier than ever after all that marathon mileage. Dark green veggies are a great craving to have - not sure I've ever had that specifically, but sometimes I get major salad cravings.

Spike - Boo to the crazy winds returning and to the low appraisal. Getting a call with bad news and very little information is extra stressful. Hopefully it ends up not being too bad. I love getting my hair blondified, but hate the maintenance it requires!

Mer - Hope you at least get an good night's sleep on the overnight trip since you're not expecting it to be too much fun. Is the McDonald's berry chiller the same as their smoothies or something different? My sister was just raving to me about how much she loves their smoothies.

Stroller - That does seem like a lot of miles for a taper! I think that since you cut the mileage a bit throughout the plan, it makes sense to cut the taper miles a bit too. Hope the upset stomach is nothing and that the hoohaa chafe clears up soon! Sorry you're feeling down this month. Being out of contact with DH would be so hard. I think you might feel a bit better generally once the stress of marathon training is done. And I agree with what the others said, that your friends may be done school one year before you but you have an amazing family and that is much better!

Mrszm - Aw, poor DDs and their injury filled day Sad Have a fun night out with your sis! I am doing Hal Higdon 10k advanced right now. An 11k trail run is probably quite a bit more challenging than a road race, so I would probably follow a 10 mile training plan for that.

CA - Great that you're less sore than expected. I've found my race soreness has gone away a lot more quickly this year and I never made the connection to strength training, but that makes total sense. I can't even picture how much meat would come from a quarter cow. It seems like a lot! Weird about the wonky international keyboard. One of the programs I have to use for work defaults to a wonky international keyboard, but it switches to a normal keyboard when I hold ctrl and alt

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- My hair is already dirty blonde so it just peps it up- just have to do it every 6, more now that my hair is short.

BermyHorse

ER: walked 3m with my running group and stroller. Well, they all ran and RP and I walked as we were sore. We made a bit of a plan to meet on Tuesdays at the high school track for some brutal speedwork together. We will start in about 2/3 weeks.

Zorbs – I am excited for you and your fm. I am so glad I am not on taper though. I hate it.

Ernie – yay for pancakes and yay for blackberries! Too funny on eating them all.

Rg – I like to hear that your legs are tired too. Reminds me you are human.

Cx2 – wow on beef. That’s a lot of meat! Hope C likes it too. Glad knee wasn’t a no-no and just a so-so.

Jen – yay for having DH home – that’s great. Hope you can put him to work.

Becky –which scooter did you get? We just got a new 2.99 inflatable ball from target to replace the half-deflated blue one that was looking very sorry for itself. Can’t believe you are giving up caffeine. You are crazy.

Mer – I email and phone bermy coach. She is looking for a coaching course in Nashville. She ran a 19.30 5k on Sunday, she is ticking along. Her PR is 18 something I think. Are you cross your DH is going to baseball?

Stroller – my chafe is all healing nicely. I took a shower and it is good now. You have a lot of miles for a pre-fm resting week. Crazy. I would skip one of those if it were me.

Mrszm – has your RP started inviting you to run again – the one that didn’t call you? Sorry about the injuries to the DDs. Yay for shopping and dinner with your sister.

CA – my soreness has nearly all gone. It was bad for 2 days and today it just disappeared. I am more or less back to normal. You did so well in your half, I am super proud of you. I missed the photo as I was outside with DS. Boo.

Spike – GF sounds like you are more conscious about what you are eating? DS played with bermy2 at the park whilst I sewed on a nearby bench. That’s a lot of progress.

runninmer

bermy - She is speedy!  Not cross at all.  I was supposed to go with, but this work thing got in the way.  I am bummed that I can't be there with our friends.  He deserves to go...he needs that time away too!

zorbs - I did not know that about today!  I just feel like I bite my tongue a lot and wonder if that is really getting my any where!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

BermyHorse

mer - I am bummed too for you!

spike - where is the best place to buy patterns - women's clothes?

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- Joann's has 50% off patterns every day, if I remember correctly. Avoid Vogue and Boden patterns since they tend to be more advanced. I would stick with Simplicity, Butterick/McCall, New look patterns. I have tons of never-been-used women's patterns in my storage unit- probably a couple dozen.