Womens Running

Too Cold Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Dreadfully cold here.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I did my cardio DVD…15 minutes running, 35 minutes cardio. Quads are sore, but a good sore. I've been trying to be sure and get my knees up more.

Today I plan much the same workout, perhaps with different dvds. Temps and winds are still difficult here. Things break, car doors don’t close, garage doors freeze shut, etc. It’s -11° right now.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Good morning!

Judy, I agree...it's definitely too cold!

Tessa, your stash makes me feel better about mine! : ) That's a lot of fabric...and a lot of work for you to wash it all.  It's great you're getting it more accessible.  I've been checking out Ikeahacks for ideas and plan to go to Ikea this weekend. It's in a loft closet  that's built under the eaves with no light and it's too low to stand up. I have to drag out bins. With the weather, I've been sewing and have bins and fabric everywhere up there.  Looks like a cyclone hit.  : )

Karen, it sounds like a great time to be planning a trip to Disney.  Have fun with family and friends!

It's zero here in the N Ga hills but surprisingly, there's little wind at my house.  The wind was much worse in town yesterday. I'm heading to my mom's later and am trying to decide what to do with the water. When I leave, I usu turn it off where it comes into house, but am not sure if I'd be better off leaving it dripping.  In Fairbanks, the city system circulated the water so this is different for me.

I'm still doing my exercises-a lot of core, legs with some easy walking. PT today.

LC Runs

Judy - too cold is right.  Brrrrrrrrr!

3.5 on TM for me...I hope to run another 2-3 on TM after work.  Fusion class was cancelled last night due to weather, I'm assuming it will be off tonight, as well.  I don't mind too much, kind of nice to just come home and hunker down.

From yesterday:

Marjorie - how was Pilates?  I would like to try that sometime.

Crazysue - ouch to your poor friend,hope she is feeling better soon.  I fell once and scraped myself up good (really didn't get injured), I stepped on a rock and down I went.

Karen - whoo hoo, have so much fun at the Disney races!

Hi Lisa!  This weather is something, isn't it?

Good Morning, Gatsby!

Tessa - that is a lot of fabric!  Too funny

Cindy - ugh on the flat tire, cars are such a pain.  I love your DS' haircut, btw!

Hi Camille - we cross posted!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

We just lost power. It is cold but not like many have. I've been waiting to run until it warms up just a bit. Hope the power comes back soon, until then I will stay cuddled up with my thick blanket on the couch. Now I need to wait for power so I can run and be able to dry my hair after a shower.

Cant get on computer without power so will have to work off the iPhone for work stuff.

Cindy sorry on the tire. Hope you didn't have to get 4. My hip is doing well

Laura Pilates was great. Lots of work but it always is. It works the core better than anything else. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Camille le yowza you are a lot colder than us.

Marjorie

BRRRR!!!!  17F in South Mississippi this morning!!  Last night I picked most of the satsumas and a 5 gallon bucket of kumquats.  I was just too cold to pick any more.  The kumquat tree is right next to the house, so maybe the remaining fruit won't freeze.  As I was picking the satsumas, a friend came by with a bag of grapefruit.  We traded--I gave him a bag of satsumas.  DD took half the grapefruit.  I may run by his house this afternoon and pick more if they are not frozen.  Looks like this weekend will be some serious marmalade making.

The gym was back to normal this morning.  LOL.  The newbies bailed on January 7?   Really??  Lightweights!!!  I ran 6 on the treadmill.  2 miles easy, 3 miles hills, 1 mile easy.  One of the guys met me there--really helped to tell someone you will meet them there at 0500.  Keeps me on track.  Thanks Jeffrey!

Cindy--sorry about the car.

OMG Tessa!!!  That is a lot of fabric!!!

Stay warm everyone!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning, ladies. Hope you guys are staying warm.  I did 7 miles yesterday after taking the whole weekend off running due to my twisted foot.  7 more planned for tonight.

Karen, when are you arriving in Orlando?  We should be coming in Saturday afternoon.  Best chance to meet would be pre race, but I'm in corral G.

Judy, enjoy the different DVDs.

camille, sounds like GA moved further North!  Enjoy your workouts.

LC Runs, nice TM workouts.  Hope you can do the afternoon one.

Marjorie, maybe your lines are above ground? When that happens, they might turn them off so the cold does not hurt them.  Hope you get power soon.

Sue, newbies failed because it was too cold, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Nope. They are doing rolling black outs because if the increased demand. It is back on now but may go off again later. They had a story on it.

Im im going to run now. Feels like is still single digits but I have my fleece running pants and shirt so I will be ok.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Ugh. Checking flights out of BWI. Most every flight to Chicago or Detroit is canceled. Almost every other flight is on time. With one exception. My flight tonight is delayed for two and a half hours. Puts me into the airport after midnight, then I still have to rent a car and get to the hotel. My sister and her kids were scheduled to arrive about the same time as me - now my mom is going to pick them up from the airport at least so they won't have to wait for me. And I was going to be rushing to get to the airport after work, guess I don't have to now.

Stay warm everyone!

Damaris, is there someplace in the race start area we could pick a time and place to try to meet? I fly out tonight so I have three days on my feet in the parks with the family before racing. One more reason I'm not racing these at all.

The temperature has risen to 14 here - feels like 2. That's much better than it was for my walk from the Metro station to my office this morning. After a crowded train due to multiple delays, oddly none of them weather-related. Guess it's time to bundle up and venture out for some lunch. Why didn't I think to bring my lunch today????

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Boo to delays Karen!  I can only imagine.  A lot of people are having delays today.  And with the big airports delayed it is making a mess everywhere.

I ran 10.5.  Best run post injury even if the paces were crappy.  I did have someone tell me I was crazy for running today.  Meh, it was super cold for here being it was a feels like 7 but I dressed correctly so I wasn't too cold.  A few times my face got cold with some wind but luckily I was able to turn so I wouldn't have it all the time in my face.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Karen, the area pre-baggage check is huge and easy to find.  I am meeting some of my friends from the RWOL Turtles group near the letter T for Turtles, LOL before the baggage check at 4:40-4:45am.  If you PM me your number, I can text you on Saturday night to plan.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Yes, it IS a lot of fabric. Susan, I found a few more flour sacks, would you like them?

Cindy, another tire problem? Yikes!

Laura, I would stay hunkered down until the cold spell is over.

Marjorie, hope the rolling blackouts don't roll on too long.

Camille, I would leave the faucet dripping, turning the water off at the house doesn't sound as if it would do much unless you leave at least one faucet open as well so the water can get out.

Judy, sensible to work out inside.

Karen, safe travels & hope your flight isn't too badly delayed. Damaris, you don't have far to travel, do you?

4.5 with RN this morning, then after she headed for home I did another 5.6 since I was working from home today. Came out this morning and saw a big shooting star sail across the sky.

DH is sleeping more, and he was particularly cranky this morning. Another fight over the thermostat. The hospice nurse came and weighed him and he's dropped another 5.6 pounds in less than a month. He's down to 120.8.

Stay warm, everyone!

We are not talking about temperature. Coffee left in travel mug in car which was parked in garage froze solid while I was working. It was -11 on dashboard driving in. Balmy 10 tomorrow will feel... Balmy.

Went to to gym after work. 10 minute warm up. Was shown the leg machines and did my 2 sets of 12 reps each. Then 30 hard on the wave stepper machine thing. Trying to balance things out.

Have be fun at disney!!!  Be sure to connect with Gene!

Lisa