Womens Running

Wonderful Runs Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Hope we all have them.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I went to the track to run. I still can’t believe how well I ran for the 35 minutes. It felt just great!

Those are once in a blue moon runs for me. My songs kept me going strong. When I first started running many years ago, I used to have a Sony Walkman tape player carried on a belt. Thank heaven for little mp3 players.

Today I plan a TM or cardio/run.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - Amazing how small the new MP3 and Ipod's etc., are isn't it!  I remember trying to run with those portable CD play (had a "cool" waist band with a holder for it).  Sounds like you are doing great these days!!

Karen - Sounds like this time it is for sure for you & DH to move.  I can understand about your job.  I would probably be inclined to tell them soon, just because it would eat away at me that I felt I was keeping something from them.

LCruns - Woohoo Bayshore soon!!!  I just rec'd an email from them about the race....made me a little sad I wasn't doing it.

I have declared this week a rest week.....was feeling the effects of the last few months 3 halfs, one 25k, one 10k, AND the addition of the classes.  Am just regrouping....hoping to do a light bike ride tonight.

Have a great day!

LC Runs

5.6 early morning miles, perfect weather (finally)!!

Judy - I love those kind of runs!

Carol - Bayshore weather is looking good **crossing fingers**!  I think you deserve a rest week!

From yesterday:

Damaris - hope your first day back to work went quickly!  Great job on the race!

Hi Sue - I hate those bathroom break runs, so frustrating!

Karen -  I think you should wait to tell your boss, at least for a few months.  The company sounds great, but you never know how they may react if they know you're leaving in a year.  I would think a 2-3 month notice would be plenty.  Also, I have the utmost confidence you can easily handle a double marathon weekend!  When are the races?

Marjorie -  my job is just okay.  The work environment is tons better than the last one, which is great.  I'm not so crazy about the travel, low wages and huge caseload.  I do like it a lot better than in the dead of winter, roads are much easier to travel on lol

Tessa - sorry your RP was under the weather.

Good Morning!  One hour bike ride(18 miles) and 1 mile run this morning.  Nice to be out before the traffic.

Judy--I love it when a nice run happens Smile

Y'all have a great day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Karen hmm. Then do tell her. Tell her you love the job and want to see how to do it when you are in TX and maybe you have to come in there once a quarter or something. You can do so much telework and can set up web cam to do near in person chats etc. it could work.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

It's like you guys are all reading my mind! Like Carol said, I feel like I'm keeping something from them. And I'm a little worried that I might accidentally say something, or someone might find out before I tell them. I'm not friends with anyone at work on facebook or anything, but they have all read my blog (in fact, my boss put a link to it in a newsletter to members she liked it so much!), so it's getting harder to keep quiet.

But like Laura said, 2-3 months should be more than sufficient notice.

And then Marjorie hits the nail on the head - I'd like to try to continue working and just telecommuting. We have one guy in NC that does it and he just comes into the office every month or two for 2-3 days and it works fine. So part of me wants to put off telling her for a bit to make myself more in demand and therefore more likely to get the chance to try working from TX. But without feeling guilty and secretive......or having someone find out before I tell them.

I am thinking maybe after my summer travel (vinyl siding boot camp in June and Technical Committee meeting in July), but before the fall meeting in September (in case she has to get Steering Committee/Board approval for me to telecommute). I want to do the right thing for me, but I also want to do the right thing for the association. And if they don't think the telecommuting would work out, that would still give them several months to find a replacement. And with my boss retiring at the end of the year, I think they would probably keep me around to help train a new person. And if not, well, that would give me more time to do things I want to do here before we move, and more time to deal with move related things.

Hey wait, this is a running forum! Umm, probably another rest day from me. Nothing hurts anymore, but I think an extended break might be good for me before throwing myself back into training. I just wish I wasn't eating so much while not running - I think I've gained back the 2-3 pounds I lost before the half! Maybe an easy bike ride on the trainer after work just to burn some calories.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm fighting a cold, I believe. It is minor but still a runny nose. I didn't run. My nose already runs when I run, the added nose Olympics wasn't something I had in mind during the run.

Karen ne I was thinking 5 to 6 months so we are really thinking alike.

Marjorie