Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club
Marathon Training Program
Goal Races, Baltimore Marathon 10/21/2017 and Marine Corps Marathon 10/22/2017
Coached by RRCA Certified Running Coach
- Our "group runs" will start Tuesday, July 18, 2017 however we will be providing a full 16 week training plan/calendar to get you started before our first group run.
- Our initial informational meeting will be on Monday, July 3, 2017, 6:00pm at Charm City Run, 467 W. Patrick St, Frederick, MD 21701.
- Our group runs will be Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings. The Tuesday runs will be in Baker Park near the entrance to The Talley Rec Center. Our Saturday “long runs” will meet at various places around Frederick County.
- Your base mileage coming into the program should be 3-5 days of running/week with at least 15 miles/week and a long run of 10 miles (or run/walk of 10 miles for beginners).
- MARATHON TRAINING IS FOR OUR MEMBERS 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER
There is no cost for the training, but you must be a current member of the Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club. Click http://steeplechasers.org/membership/join/ to join the club.
After you register, please ask to join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fsrcmarathontraining -- this is for only for current members who are registered for the training program, but note if you cannot join our group runs, this is also a VIRTUAL TRAINING GROUP.