Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club
Full Marathon Training Program
Goal Races, Gettysburg North South Marathon, or other Spring marathons
- We will provide a 15 week training program leading up to the marathon(s) identified above with slight variations in distances as we approach the fall races, our "group runs" will start Saturday, January 7, 2017. Our initial informational meeting will be on Thursday, January 5, 2017, 6:00pm at If The Shoe Fits.
- Our group runs will be Tuesday evenings at 6:00 PM and Saturday mornings at 8:00 AM, and occasionally one other group run during the week. The Tuesday runs will be in Baker Park near the entrance to The Talley Rec Center. Our Saturday “long runs” will meet at various places around Frederick County.
- Your base mileage coming into the program should be 3-5 days of running with at least 15 miles/week and a long run of 10 miles (or run/walk of 10 miles for beginners).
- Advanced program is designed for people who have successfully completed at least one marathon in the past two years and who have a base weekly training mileage of 25- 35 miles consistently in the past month.
- MARATHON TRAINING IS FOR OUR MEMBERS 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER
There is no cost for the training, but you must be a paid member of the Frederick Steeplechasers Running Club. Click http://steeplechasers.org/membership/join/ to join the club.
After you register, please ask to join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/fsrcmarathontraining -- this is for everyone who is registered, but note if you cannot join our group runs, this is also a VIRTUAL TRAINING GROUP!