What are all the ways that your family is messed up? (Read 305 times)

running metalhead

Sorry if I sound dumb, but... what exactly is a "family"?

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
    - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
    - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
    - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
    - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
    - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

She finally married this past Fall.  Her DH is not the father of either of her 2 boys, but you'd never know it.  He's a really good guy who had his own rough years in his late-teens to early-20s and is more of a dad to her boys than either of their bio fathers.  My sister and her DH are doing really well, all things considered.  They are responsible, own a home, and are careful with what money they do have.  If my siblings and I have learned anything it's to be better with finances than our folks are/were.  They are nearing 70 and still don't own a home and have little money put aside for retirement...which is why they can't retire.  As a result my siblings and I lose sleep wondering what to do when our folks can no longer work and still have to pay rent and put food on the table.

#1 Bolded section:  I give that fella a whole ton of credit!  And I am very glad that your sister was mature enough by the time he came along not to chase him off. Great to hear they are doing well.

#2 Bolded section:  Sounds like me as well.  I am self taught in finance and have done very well with saving and investing.  My father on the other hand makes a big salary, but has far more debt and obligation than he does assets of any sort.   ---- Part of why I don't call him very often is when I finally do, all I get is a guilt trip for not calling sooner, and all kinds of ridiculous financial advice!

But again, glad to hear your sister got it together, and glad as well that you did well by doing things in a different and better fashion than they were doing.  Smile

And PSS.... Loving the country/classic rock music plays some of the posters are doing as well !

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

A Saucy Wench

Interesting we haven't heard from the OP, isn't it?

He is just an instigator.  But we knew that already.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Menace to Sobriety

We're pretty much perfect. (Except for some occasional narcissism)

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Interesting we haven't heard from the OP, isn't it?

It is too soon.

No Talent Drips

My terrestrial family? Pretty ordinary.

Dei Gratia

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

My terrestrial family? Pretty ordinary.

Well let's hear about the other one then.

steph  

When all seems terrible in the world give "Life Sucks, then you die" a play.  Somehow it cheers you up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gejSEOnaYek

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

hog4life

I don't know which family is worse, mine, or my wife's.

I can't believe this worked.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

once

Go!

Other than her finding multiple online weirdos and going off the rails and leaving the family?

Nothing       fuck you

Feeling the growl again

I can't believe this worked.

+1.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

#1 Bolded section:  I give that fella a whole ton of credit!  And I am very glad that your sister was mature enough by the time he came along not to chase him off. Great to hear they are doing well.

The funny part...when she was still in HS she dated a friend of her DH's.  He and my sister were friends for years before they became a couple.  So they went into a relationship without any unknowns.  If only my eldest nephew's dad would get out of the picture entirely.  He sees his kid only when his father wants to see his grandson...which is only for Father's Day and major holidays.  It sucks, since my sister's DH would gladly adopt my nephew and he's the guy who really deserves to be able to spend these days with my sister's son.  My younger nephew's dad isn't in the picture at all and my BIL has plans to adopt him, which is really awesome.  Not many guys would be so eager to adopt an autistic kid who may never be able to live and/or work independently.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

dennrunner

He is just an instigator.  But we knew that already.

But we didn't know that you are pure. Now we know.

BeeRunB

Bowl cuts