Sync Garmin after Server Down (Read 167 times)

NLeeRunner

It seems Garmin Connect was down for a period of time today, but now that it's back online, today's run is not syncing to RA. Is there anything I can do to force a sync? Or do I just have to enter today's run manually?

an amazing likeness

Wait a bit...like up to 24 hours. If Garmin Connect was delayed, it can take some time for the workouts to be sent out from Connect to RA. Remember that Connect sends the workouts to RA, so when it gets shipped over, it will be available for import.  If you want to get it sooner, you can download the workout from Connect (workout details, gear icon upper right, download gpx) and import it to RA.  Then delete the duplicate when Connect sends it over.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

NLeeRunner

NVM. Just save the .tcx file and imported. All good. Thanks.

NLeeRunner

Thank you, Milktruck! Still getting used to an upgraded Garmin! I'm kinda old school! :-)

HermosaBoy

Wait a bit...like up to 24 hours. If Garmin Connect was delayed, it can take some time for the workouts to be sent out from Connect to RA. Remember that Connect sends the workouts to RA, so when it gets shipped over, it will be available for import.  If you want to get it sooner, you can download the workout from Connect (workout details, gear icon upper right, download gpx) and import it to RA.  Then delete the duplicate when Connect sends it over.

Funny thing is that I just tracked walk and it uploaded right away.

I guess the other one is stuck?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

djschroeder4

Glad to see I'm not the only one with an issue uploading.

jsfuller

Ditto. I'm missing a run, too. My guess is that it's a matter of when the runs were uploaded. For example, if it was within a certain window of time, then it didn't push over. If it happened later, then it did push over. I agree with the wait 24hr advice - then do it manually if it doesn't resolve itself. (either type in the data you care about, or do the download/upload thing milktruck explained.

mikeymike

This is the first time that a garmin connect outage resulted in a run *never* synching at all. I waited until late yesterday afternoon before starting my watch for 5 seconds then saving that "run". When it synched to garmin connect then Strava and RA right away, but my run from that morning still hadn't, I figured it was never going to. So I uploaded straight from the watch. By the way you can always plug your watch's charging cable into a computer and upload the actual fit file to RA and Strava directly from the watch. Your computer should see the watch as a drive and you just brows to the activity folder, sort by date modified and upload the workout you want.

Runners run

shu_runner

I ended up manually entering mine because it never came through.

janemporcelli

Is there an issue with the server today? I tried to load a few days worth of data from a TCX zipped file and it still hasn't shown up in the imported workouts after a couple of tries. thanks

Update = the workouts are there now. No longer an issue

lindasaffell

Fighting senescence

I think things are still a little .... hinky ... Yesterday's workout I had to re-do the upload manually; today's has not shown up for about an hour now.  Normally it's faster, at least for me, uploading zipped .tcx files.  Patience and lots of good cheers all around!

Happy Garmin newbie

Renewing my interest in running, sloooowly

runningwithdave

runningwithdave

Trouble syncing with Garmin again today.

the site was down most of the day, and the workouts don’t appear to be getting here yet.  Maybe there is a delay.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

an amazing likeness

Given the technical issues which have affected the site, it is highly likely the data importer process is not currently running...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

eric :)

Hi all,

The file server did not restart correctly. It hasn't restarted in a long time and I think some of the updates it applied since then is conflicting with the filesystem drivers. I'm troubleshooting it.

eric Smile