Garmin Forerunner 235 (Read 150 times)

runnin gal

I would like to hear comments from anyone using the 235. I currently use the 110, which still works fine, but thought I might benefit from the heart rate monitor feature. Aside from that, it's doubtful that I would use the connectivity features so not sure it's worth it for me, other than my 110 is getting some age on it, as is the wearer! Thanks for any comments.

SMART Approach

I really liked my 235 until I lost it. HR worked very good but need to have watch snug on wrist. You may want to save some money and look at the Garmin Forerunner 35 which also has wrist based HR and all the other basics. In fact, I may be making that purchase soon.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

I would really recommend the 235 but one of the great things is the wifi transfer of data without having to connect it to a computer.  Why wouldn’t you use that?  I also found that the HR feature worked well, except in very cold, dry weather when it would occasionally get glitchy.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I love my 235 and have zero regrets about purchasing it. I am curious about the 35 though as a recommendation for others who might not want to spend the extra $ for the 235.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Isn't the FR235 being replaced by FR645?  Probably a discount on the FR235.  Like the Vivoactive3.

Marky_Mark_17

Ran with a FR235 for 2 years, loved it. Great watch. HR worked well, GPS generally locked on quite fast and had minimal glitches.  Only stopped using it because I rewarded myself with a Garmin Fenix 5s for hitting my marathon race target.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr, 1:15:48

Up next: Runway5, 4 May

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

FR235 is a fine watch for outdoor running, but I think the display is fairly inferior if you also want to use it as an everyday watch (which is somewhat encouraged by the step counting and text message display  / other "smart" features).  It's great in bright sunlight, but the backlight is quite weak, so it seems fairly dim indoors with more moderate light.  I actually thought it was defective when I go t it out of the box due to how dim out was.

I'm 47, so old-guy eyes come into play a little bit, too, but I've seen other similar complaints about it.  Good watch function and feature-wise.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I also upgraded to the Fenix 5S, which has a great display.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Prince of Fatness

I'm 47, so old-guy eyes come into play a little bit, too, but I've seen other similar complaints about it.  Good watch function and feature-wise.

47?  You have no idea.  LMAO.

Not at it at all. 

Marylander

Is the backlight on the 235 not adjustable? It is adjustable on the 935 (where I've got it set to just 20%).

Muebele

Had the FR35 and liked the wrist based heart rate but you cannot adjust the laps on it so it makes it hard to do internals.  It only gave me mile lap splits.  Didn’t keep using mine for long