Can we get some heart rate monitoring on Handy Runner? (Read 449 times)

oo-punisher

Several companies are making bluetooth heart rate monitors.  I have found another website that has integrated HR into their phone app.  Its called Endomondo, but their web site is no where even close to as good as running ahead.  Heart Rate tracking and Cadence sensor monitoring are the only 2 things that are keeping me from ditching my garmin.  I dont see anyone making a droid based ant+ phone for cadence monitoring so I will just keep my garmin on my bike for now,

And as far as I know (but I haven't really used it), you can't export your Endomondo-runs.

But I use CardioTrainer and/or Runkeeper, who can both be used with the Polar Wearlink+ Bluetooth HRM, and it is very easy to export my runs as a gpx.files and import them to RunningAhead.

(I don't have a Bluetooth HRM (yet), but I don't use Handy Runner because I like the audio feedback that CardioTRainer and Runkeeper give.)

Oh yeah, and although HandyRunner works with RunningAhead, it isn't developed by RunningAhead, and I have the impression the developer of Handy Runner isn't here frequently...

Running in Belgium
      Ann

DespiteMyself

Oh yeah, and although HandyRunner works with RunningAhead, it isn't developed by RunningAhead, and I have the impression the developer of Handy Runner isn't here frequently...

His name is Derek and I think he has a public profile, I searched his name under Browse User Logs and his "real name" matches the name under the Handy Runner site.

Does anyone have a contact for Derek? I remember seeing that one of the threads in here had contact information for the HR developer.

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot run," then by all means RUN, and the voice will be silenced.

Jiggle Monster