Long run confidence (Read 1178 times)

Did a 17 mile long run today! Not only did I feel strong when I stopped, there is no longer any doubt that I can do 26! This run was a huge confidence builder that I will soon look back on as the run that sent me on my way!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Did a 17 mile long run today! Not only did I feel strong when I stopped, there is no longer any doubt that I can do 26! This run was a huge confidence builder that I will soon look back on as the run that sent me on my way!

Good!  Congratulations!!

Now depending on when your actual marathon is; whatever you do, don't over-do it!!!!!!!!  This is what far too many people training for a marathon would do:

"Wow!!  Look at this picture of a snake I drew!  This looks great!!  I did a perfect job!  Now what else would I need to do....  Okay, I'll draw legs on it!"  Now it's no longer a picture of a snake.  You've done a great job; (again, depending on when your target marathon is) now it's time to save it for the actual race day.

Also, remember, you'll pay for it in 2 days, not tomorrow.  So even though you may feel invincible tomorrow--confidence can be a double-edged sward--, don't go out doing some tough intervals or tempo run. 

Some times (well, actually, ALWAYS) it's better to get to the start line uninjured and eager to go; not hurt or "stuffed".

Good luck and have fun!!

I look my best blurry!

+1 I remember that feeling after my last long run before my first marathon last summer. It was incredible! Best of luck!
        Turbolegs

Good!  Congratulations!!

Now depending on when your actual marathon is; whatever you do, don't over-do it!!!!!!!!  This is what far too many people training for a marathon would do:

"Wow!!  Look at this picture of a snake I drew!  This looks great!!  I did a perfect job!  Now what else would I need to do....  Okay, I'll draw legs on it!"  Now it's no longer a picture of a snake.  You've done a great job; (again, depending on when your target marathon is) now it's time to save it for the actual race day.

Also, remember, you'll pay for it in 2 days, not tomorrow.  So even though you may feel invincible tomorrow--confidence can be a double-edged sward--, don't go out doing some tough intervals or tempo run. 

Some times (well, actually, ALWAYS) it's better to get to the start line uninjured and eager to go; not hurt or "stuffed".

Good luck and have fun!!

Sound advice as usual from Nobby. It reaffirms the fact that its always better to get to the start line feeling undertrained than overtrained.

NIce going Rick .. all the best to bigger and better things! Smile

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

Thanks all.

Definite recovery day tomorrow (rest), and then an easy day on Tuesday.

In fact, my training plan calls for a pretty easy week anyways.

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals