Incorporating training plan targets... (Read 516 times)

Namban Phil

Hi Eric,

Thanks for adding the "Disable Ads" note - that makes it very clear.  Will definitely be getting a subscription myself. 

So sorry if someone has already proposed this, but here's my idea:

I would like to set distance and training volume goals for each week and month.  It would be totally awesome if somehow I could go into the calendar or somewhere and input these targets somehow.  I guess you'd need some way to visualize these and your progress - a bit like the Nike thing.  You could have progress bars.  Even better, add the progress bars to your graphs. 

For example, I try to set a few different goals - one is 5-10hr per week total training volume - doesn't matter what I do.  Currently I have set up a graph that tracks my overall training volume (hours) over consecutive weeks for the last few years and that graph works well enough to track progress, but it would be very satisfying to see the goal and your % progress more visually and clearly, rather than just having it in your head. 

Another goal is distance in respective disciplines - and I do the same with graphs tracking each of these, and just remember each target that I have set.  But if you're building up for a major race or event, you obviously want to adjust these goals over time.  It would be nice to be able to set up the goal in advance (for example with a coach or mentor if you are lucky enough to have one) and track your progress as the race date draws near. 

Obviously this is not an easy thing to do technically, given that there are so many potential targets that people might have, whether it's volume (time spent), distance, or average intensity/speed, weight or whatever.  But if you can pull it off nicely somehow someday...  wow... 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Obviously this is not an easy thing to do technically, given that there are so many potential targets that people might have, whether it's volume (time spent), distance, or average intensity/speed, weight or whatever.  But if you can pull it off nicely somehow someday...  wow... 

Eric can do anything.  He is THE MAN!

Big grin

PeterDavis

I have just started using RA - its great. I too thought it would be good to at least try and plan out the coming week's training. It would be great to have the "goals" functions you speak of. In the meantime I have figured that you can enter "Events" into the calendar. So for the coming week I have added "Events" for the training I intend to do. I just use the Event Subject to indicate the type of run and the target distance as in "Tempo - 4m". Then as I complete the training I can check in the calendar to see if I am keeping up with the plan.