Garmin that tracks both current and average pace (Read 131 times)

RunsOnStarbux

Looking for a new Garmin that shows both current and average pace (at the same time), without having to wear a computer around my wrist.  I have an older 110 and love it, but don't like having to choose between current/average.  Wondering if any of the more "normal" sized watches will allow me to have both sets of information... even if I need to scroll through to obtain it...

FSBD

You can have both on the same screen on a 610.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Though certainly not "new"

You people have issues 

bluerun

Super B****

I have them both on my 620.  I think you can probably customize the screen on any of the newer watches to do that.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

I have them both on my 620.  I think you can probably customize the screen on any of the newer watches to do that.

I have to believe that the more expensive garmins will do this! I have a vintage 405 (basically a sundial on my wrist) that I could customize to show me both paces, so the newer models must do as well.

all of the 200s (220,225,230,235) do this. I keep current and average on different screens, but you could customize it to be same screen. I actually don't ever look at current pace, though.

RunsOnStarbux

Thank you to everyone who responded -- I will look into these watches.  I feel like a dinosaur in terms of my knowledge about the more advanced models. Time to do some research.  Thanks again, and happy running Smile

start and end your GPS research here:

www.dcrainmaker.com

best gadget reviews ever!

Runningnoob

The 235 can show both current and avg pace on the same screen.  You can also set it up to alert you if your running faster or slower than a desired pace.  For instance, I set mine up to alert me if I'm going fast than a 7:25 pace or slower than a 8:00 pace per mile.  It's great for keeping you from going out too fast or slacking in the latter part of your run.

HermosaBoy

The 235 can show both current and avg pace on the same screen.  You can also set it up to alert you if your running faster or slower than a desired pace.  For instance, I set mine up to alert me if I'm going fast than a 7:25 pace or slower than a 8:00 pace per mile.  It's great for keeping you from going out too fast or slacking in the latter part of your run.

Are those alerts still based on current pace (which can fluctuate pretty heavily)?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Runningnoob

Are those alerts still based on current pace (which can fluctuate pretty heavily)?

I believe they are.