My Brief Introduction (Read 416 times)

UpNorth

Like many of you I've found this nice little place in the wake of CR's self-inflicted implosion. I thought I'd make my first post a brief introduction. I'll start by saying I love running. Whether it is sunny, cloudy, hot, cold, snowy or raining, I enjoy running. I'm also quite fond of lifting. I do the "lift really heavy things" type of lifting as well as the "leave you in a sweaty lump on the floor gasping for air" type. The combination of all of that doesn't make me particularly good at any of those pursuits but, hey, I'm healthy and fit, and at 40 that is what I'm really aiming for. As you might have guessed by my range of activities my program design is quite unorthodox and hopefully I can bring a unique perspective here and provide some food for thought. Now it's time to post...

Just Be

Welcome! Smile I like your general training style! Mine is pretty much the same. I run a lot and lift very heavy 2 days per week, upper body. For the lower body I do modestly weighted leg presses as my only form of added-resistance lifting. The rest of the lower body work comes in the form of plyometric bodyweight squats and jump rope, lunges, etc.
      Kenotic Runner

Hey, that's where I was a couple years ago. But I really just like to run any more.