Fat and Lazy (Read 1128 times)

Strict WTF adherent

Due to a combination of injury and gluttony, I've gained almost 20 lbs since running MCM a month ago. So I'm not here to offer feedback as much as to say that I feel your pain.

As for the Wellbutrin ... YMMV, but it can do wacky things to chemically balanced people. My reaction tended toward uncontrollable violent rage.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I can put on 5# a week in injury times ... Maybe I should know - But what is your injury?  If you are not making progress - 

http://naturalrunningcenter.com/columnists/bryan-heiderscheit/

This guy is a magician -

I've been struggling with groin pain ever since I ran 100K on it when it already sore.  I took some time off earlier this summer, which seemed to do the trick, but then I came back too quickly.  It seems to improve with rest, so I'm betting it's tendonitis.

How hard is it to get an appt with the magician?

Running is dumb.

Jane

I've been struggling with groin pain ever since I ran 100K on it when it already sore.  I took some time off earlier this summer, which seemed to do the trick, but then I came back too quickly.  It seems to improve with rest, so I'm betting it's tendonitis.

How hard is it to get an appt with the magician?

Mandy I can set you up with Paul I don't think he'll be much help though.  http://www.youtube.com/user/padie2006

Never run, if you want to never run, don't start because you'll never stop.

L Train

Due to a combination of injury and gluttony, I've gained almost 20 lbs since running MCM a month ago.

This is a spectacular achievement, really.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Have you thought about generic wellbutrin? Some folksuse it to curb smoking urges, and appaarently has an appetite surpressing side effect.

I can swear by wellbutrin for smoking cessation but I don't remember any

decrease in appetite.  But that is just me.

steph  

Cool Jump Suit

+1 for The Hacker's Diet.

I eat the "Hacker's Diet" everyday......no matter what.  Joking

So bittersweet,
              This tragedy
              Won't ask for absolution;
              This melody,
              Inside of me,
              Still searches for solution.
              A twist of faith,
              A change of heart
              Cures my infatuation.
              A broken heart, 
              Provides the spark
              For my determination.

Slice

Um...um...what?

Ha! Bad combo of my stupid speech to text and not being able proofread RA on my phone. I was trying to say I chew gum. My speech to text on my phone does NOT like my accent.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Big horse I do not understand how you can run so much and still have a weight problem.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

MrNamtor

I found that being diagnosed with onset type 2 diabetes in conjunction with just coincidentally watching my 55 year old brother in law die of kidney failure from diabetes really gave me some motivation to eat much less crappy food.

I began to visualize sugar as ground glass ripping up my internal organs, and fat as big yellow gobs of crap coming out of every hole in my body. Yeah, I hope no one is eating lunch.

But anyway, as gross as that sounds, that's how I visualize things.

The other thing is that i think of diabetes itself as a mean obnoxious piece of crap bully trying to beat the crap out of me and laughing while he's doing it. Like BOOM, got your eyes, and BOOM, got your foot, sucker!!!

No way I'm ever going to let that son of bitch win. Screw him. So that's sort of what has worked for me.

Good luck man, it's a tough tough struggle, but don't ever give up.

Is the Hacker's diet real? Or a joke?

- Anya

DoppleBock

You and me both - Well Actually I understand it - I am a consumer or small worlds.

Reality - I have never experienced satisfaction - I see many people eat a meal and say "Wow that is good" - experiencing a feeling of satisfaction, not wanting anything more.

The only reason I stop eating is either because I tell myself to stop or because my stomache hurts so bad for being so full.

Its not like smoking - You can either smoke or not smoke.  Eating I have to do every day.  I crave food and know what food is in the house at all times.

My burden - Not yours.

Big horse I do not understand how you can run so much and still have a weight problem.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

It's real.  I've lost about ~70 pounds using it. 

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                          Emil Zatopek

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

It's a real diet. It was written by an engineer rather than a nutritionist or doctor. It looks at weight loss and management from an engineering perspective using examples such as systems and feedback loops to describe the body, hunger, and calories. It tends to appeal to technical types (nerds) Smile

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

A Saucy Wench

You and me both - Well Actually I understand it - I am a consumer or small worlds.

Reality - I have never experienced satisfaction - I see many people eat a meal and say "Wow that is good" - experiencing a feeling of satisfaction, not wanting anything more.

The only reason I stop eating is either because I tell myself to stop or because my stomache hurts so bad for being so full.

Its not like smoking - You can either smoke or not smoke.  Eating I have to do every day.  I crave food and know what food is in the house at all times.

My burden - Not yours.

I totally get it DB.  I am exactly the same way.  I have 2 states.  Starving or stuffed.  There is no in between. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

bhearn

It's a real. It was written by an engineer rather than a nutritionist or doctor. It looks at weight loss and management from an engineering perspective using examples such as systems and feedback loops to describe the body, hunger, and calories. It tends to appeal to technical types (nerds) Smile

Yes indeed. I thought I had tried everything, and was doomed to just be fat. After reading the book, I understood what I had to do, believed I could do it, and proceeded to do it. Nobody around me believed me, of course, until it was well underway.

It is really very simple, and basically boils down to calorie counting. But the methodology fixes some of the psychological bugs people usually have when they try to lose weight. In particular, focusing on smoothed weight trend, rather than actual daily weight, and noticing that on most days, your weight is below your trend -- thus pulling it down -- provides a daily sense of accomplishment.