"Virtual" Turkey Trot - NOT the Dec. Virtual Race... (Read 701 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

The regular Virtual race is still scheduled for Dec 2-3. This is just an extra race for those of you looking for an excuse to get out there on T-day and work off some turkey... * No pre-registration necessary! * Any time or distance run during these days will be accepted. Just get out there! * Runs MUST be done from Thursday - Sunday (11/23 - 11/26). * Times must be submitted before Monday 11/27. * There is a space on the results form not for bragging but for you to express anything in your life that you are feeling thankful for. The "Brag Box" will be available for the official Virtual race in December. Submit your T-day race results here!

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, I want to try to do this...I hope I can get online. I miss racing! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

RunningHammer

count me in ... i should have recovered well enough from my half marathon last Sunday, but doubt if i'll be setting any PB's ! btw, is there a link for the 2-3 Dec race too anywhere?
        Scout7

I have an actual race on Sunday, but I don't know if I'll get to post my time here that day. First thing Monday acceptable, or no?
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Sorry I was fuzzy about Monday. In keeping with Virtual tradition Wink results can come in until midnight on Monday, after which the race will be closed so I can get the results out ASAP. The link to December's race isn't out yet because it's not time to submit times for it yet. The official race is Dec 2-3, with times being accepted from Dec 2-4. See you there!

Finished!

Big grin I get to participate in both the virtual turkey trot and the Dec Virtual Race - my first real race ever is Dec 2!
              Walk + Jog = wog.
              I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
              I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
              Wingz

Professional Noob

Cool! Good luck in both!

I'm in. I have just started training regularly again and this is a great opportunity to gauge my fitness level. Just to get this right: I can pick my own distance and course, I just report my result in the result thread, right?
                  Run more.
                  JakeKnight

my first real race ever is Dec 2!
                    Details, please. Sheesh. What is wrong with you people. Details are your friends. At least point to the thread if you've already talked about it. (Stomps feet) I. Want. Details.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'm in. I have just started training regularly again and this is a great opportunity to gauge my fitness level. Just to get this right: I can pick my own distance and course, I just report my result in the result thread, right?
                      Close, but not quite. This race only the distance is whatever you choose it to be. That's because if someone wants to go out and waddle through one of their regular training runs after stuffing themselves on T-day I think we should accomodate. Big grin After you do your race/run/waddle, submit your times at www.geocities.com/yanelh/turkey_results_form.html. Get the time and distance (and your name please!) in before the end of Monday (EST) to get credit in the results page. If your name isn't listed in the drop-down box, just fill it in in the space below. The box has names of people who've raced before or who are members of the Virtual race forum. It's updated manually, so if you hadn't joined before I put the list out, your name won't be on there. Don't fret - just fill in your name in the box below. This is not the regular race - this is just a little extra race because people wanted to go race after eating turkey. Big grin So, please note races/runs/waddles must take place from this Thursday - Sunday (11/23 - 11/26). If you have something else to share, please hold it until the regular race on Dec. 2-3. Let me know if I didn't answer your questions. Janell

RunningHammer

oops i just thought.....i'm not american so that means no thanksgiving and no turkey for me!!! does that mean i'm disqualified at the start line? Tongue

My dogs are fast, not me

Woohoo!! I'm looking forward to my race today. Then Turkey!!! Happy Thanksgiving Everybody! Robin

Robin

Wingz

Professional Noob

oops i just thought.....i'm not american so that means no thanksgiving and no turkey for me!!! does that mean i'm disqualified at the start line? Tongue
                            Heh Evil grin Depends on how fast you are... You're disqualified if I can catch you! Wink

Wingz

Professional Noob

We had 18 Virtual Turkey Trotters... Check out our recent results here! Sign-up for the official December Virtual Race is now open over in the Virtual Forum!