3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

This post has been great for my playlist! Thankfully, I still have some money leftover from an iTunes giftcard from Christmas. My running playlist is very eclectic. Music with great beats and stuff I just like to listen to. Some of my current faves: 1. Bring It - Cobra Starship (yes, from Snakes on a Plane) 2. Tilt Ya Head Back - Nelly and Christina Aguilera 3. Scream - Michael and Janet Jackson (it popped up on shuffle one day on the treadmill and now I love it) 4. This Is How It Goes - Missy Higgins 5. Shame On Me - Ryan Cabrera
      I just added a few for yesterdays long run... Stayin Alive~Bee Gees. (I don't ask!) Unwritten~Natasha somthingoranother. I love the chorus: Staring at the blank page before you Open up the dirty window Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find Reaching for something in the distance So close you can almost taste it Release your innovations Feel the rain on your skin No one else can feel it for you Only you can let it in No one else, no one else Can speak the words on your lips Drench yourself in words unspoken Live your life with arms wide open Today is where your book begins The rest is still unwritten Undone~ by Mercy Me now I need to go back through this huge list and get some ideas!

Jennifer mm#1231

Voxtrot - Mothers, Sisters, Daughters & Wives Jesu - Star Saxon Shore - Isolated by the Secrets of Your Fellow Men
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Okay, a few more: 1) "Duel of the Fates" (John Williams / LSO, Star Wars Ep 1): the most memorable bit of music from the sometimes not-so-memorable prequel trilogy. 2) "Wearing and Tearing", Led Zeppelin. Little-known track off the post-disbandment Coda album. Rocks as fast and furious as anything Zep ever did. Fastest bass-drum pedaling you'll ever hear off of one foot. 3) "Run Like Hell," Pink Floyd. Self-explanatory. 4) "Lust for Life", Iggy Pop. Also check out the excellent "remake" by Jet -- "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?" Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

1) "Duel of the Fates" 4) "Lust for Life", Iggy Pop. Also check out the excellent "remake" by Jet -- "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?"
            YES! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Darryl Worley - A Good Day to Run (chorus) Wide open down a two-lane highway It's about time that some things went my way Throwing troubles out to the wind and I'm praying that they never catch up again I'm gonna say my worrying days are done And this looks like a good day to run This one is on my long run mix twice - at the start and then again at the hour mark - it makes me smile.

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

"Revolution" by the Beatles. Nike did a good job with this one back in the late '80s when they briefly used it in an ad campaign (before the Beatles "Oh no you dit-int! -- you just don't use Beatles recording w/o permission), because I still think of Nike running shoes when I hear it. Though I guess they didn't do a good enough job since I've worn Asics for 20 years... Cool

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I also love marching bands. If anyone knows of any good, fast-paced marching band stuff on iTunes, I am ALL ears! Stuff like in Drumline would be incredible to run to!
                  I'm not sure if this is necessarily a great workout song, but "Lose My Breath" by Destiny's Child has a sweet drumline backbeat. Okay, I'm a little biased, since it was sampled from the Michigan Marching Band drumline! Cool

shyrunner07

I'm not sure if this is necessarily a great workout song, but "Lose My Breath" by Destiny's Child has a sweet drumline backbeat. Okay, I'm a little biased, since it was sampled from the Michigan Marching Band drumline! Cool
                    really? wow that's really cool! i had no idea!
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Okay, I'm a little biased, since it was sampled from the Michigan Marching Band drumline! Cool
                      I never knew where that drumline came from, but I always liked it! Hmmm...I might have to do download that one! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, and there is a 9+ minute remix of "Lose My Breath," too. For the $ I LOVE those long remixes of pop/dance songs for running! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ooh, and there is a 9+ minute remix of "Lose My Breath," too. For the $ I LOVE those long remixes of pop/dance songs for running!
                          Maybe it's the channel surfer in me, but I don't think I can listen to the same beat for 9 minutes, even if it's funkalicious. Esp. the "Lose My Breath" backbeat, since I had to listen to it for 6 miles x 2 Rose Parades. Cheers, Jeff

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

This thread has really boosted my running playlist! A couple more: 1) "Jungle Boogie" Kool and the Gang. Feel the funk y'all. But hold the Royale with Cheese -- I'm trying to blast some pounds off! 2) "Miserlou" Dick Dale and the Del Tones (aka theme from "Pulp Fiction") 3) "By the Way" Red Hot Chili Peppers. I imagine RHCP have a lot of good running tunes, but this one jumps out at me. Maybe b/c of the crazy video w/ Anthony Kiedis trying to escape from the crazy taxi driver... 4) "Descent into Mystery" Danny Elfman / Batman Original Score. From back in the days when Batman rocked (ok, maybe it's good again). A lot of good tracks on this score, but I love the quiet build-up into the full-blown Batman theme plus the choir.

Running on Empty - Jackson Brown Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue Speed of Sound - Coldplay
                              That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run....Forrest Gump
                                The original "Land Of Confusion" - 6:58 version by Genesis(Genesis Archive#2)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                                Thyroid Support Group