Pulling out all the stops in a 5k (Read 567 times)

H RIMZ

Today was the highschool class LL xc Championship. It was my last race of my senior season. luckily A few days ago i was visited recurring injury in my lower back which almost took me out for the season. But i fought it out so going into the race i wasn't expecting much. I started out strong in the race for about two miles until I caught a terrible cramp, i knew i was going to have to tough it out so i leaned a bit forward as i ran up a hill and at this point i wasn't very happy with the way things were playing out, so as I'm leaning forward my nose starts to bleed profusely, so at this point in the race Im bleeding, Cramping,and my back aches. So pretty much a bad experience. As i crossed the finish line i was still pretty fresh because i was so preoccupied by the other travesties, i wasn't really able to push it. But some how i ended up with 18:43 so i didn't mind and it was one of the hardest courses in the state. I guess it will be a cool one to tell my kids one day.

mile- 4:37

2 mile 10:05 (Training run)

5 km-16:38 -5:22 11/15/2009

With that combination of circumstances, I probably would have pulled into the breakdown lane. Way to finish, well done!

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

#artbydmcbride

Holy cow, I bet any photos would be awesome too! Way to gut it out, and keep up that forward lean! Smile

Runners run

Hey Michael: Great time and way to tough it out despite some true obstacles. Really nice job. I saw your profile, too where you say you run because it's the only thing you have going for you. I'm here to tell you that is completely untrue. In my book, I think it's much more admirable that you didn't stop, kept at it and finished - than the fact that you finished with a pretty sweet time, though that's cool, too. You've got MUCH more going for you than the fact that you can run fast. Way to go! Can you tell I'm a mom? Wink

Never too young to HTFU. Excellent job!
              You truly H'dTFU. You will go far.

RHS Track Runner

Awesome job man, I'm a Senior XC runner as well and we are going into the post season next week. I wish I could run what you did in a good race. We are hoping to make it to States as a team this year, hasn't happened in a while. Good luck to you in track season and after highschool.
                PRs: 200M- 0:28 400M- 1:15 Mile- 5:46 2400M- 9:26 5K- 18:56 2009 Outdoor Track Goals: -2:05 800M -4:45 1600M -sub 10:00 3200M RIDGEWOOD HS Track & Field

Bugs

Wow, tough run, way too tough out a good run.

Bugs

You're way tougher then I am.....I would have stopped and walked (Im sure). Good job....you ran a great race.... Smile Big grin Wink

Champions are made when no one is watching