*drool* (Read 505 times)

Scout7

I think that when it comes to hardware, it's alot like cars. Same make and model, but one runs better. Why? Just because. Ultimately, Dell doesn't make HDDs, or DVD drives, or RAM. They just assemble them. Same with Apple. Some companies use higher quality parts than others. For a while, IBM made the sturdiest all-around laptops. Of course, they were also the priciest, so there ya go. I'll clarify my statements: I don't see the draw with the hardware involved other than the fact that it's being put out by Apple. If this were an HP machine, would anyone be drooling over it? Probably not. Personally, I don't see much difference than what I have at home, other than the fact that I don't have to reach under my desk to turn it on.
    mikeymike

It's pretty.

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If this were an HP machine, would anyone be drooling over it?
        No. Cuz HP would never make anything that looks like this or runs as efficiently or as reliably. And IBM computers are downright fugly. And Dell computers break when the wind shifts. And Sony, well their computers are pretty, but they are way complicated and they never make the same one for more than a week or so. Apple makes computers that are pretty and reliable and simple and consistent and easy. Whether you use them to run MacOS, UNIX, Windows, they run faster and more intuitively. And they are pretty. Did I mention pretty?
        Scout7

YOU think it's pretty. That's the point here. Personally, I don't.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

And this all-in-one is pretty?
              I see where Apple got their inspiration for the iPhone Wink.

Vim

shyrunner07

me likey the new imac. ::hearts and flowers:: There will be a computer purchase in this homestead before the end of the year...not sure if i'll junk the POS that CrapBuy gifted me with and get this for myself, or be extra generous to hubby at christmas time and give him money for a new computer (his dell laptop is dying and of the two of us, he actually needs a working computer)... decisions decisions. Tongue

madness baby

C'mon Scout - you gotta to admit it's a little sexy. And it's smart. Everything about it is smart, from the packaging to marketing to the fact that my mom can even use it. I think my powerbook is my best friend. That's sad. Oh, yeah, and Trent said fugly. Smile
                  deb
                    I wonder if my boss would approve that inventory request. Roll eyes

Michelle

Imminent Catastrophe

I was kind of disappointed, I was hoping for new-generation iPods, based on the iPhone. My 3G iPod is getting old...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I was kind of disappointed, I was hoping for new-generation iPods, based on the iPhone. My 3G iPod is getting old...
                        No, you won't get that for a while. The iPhone is too new. They want to sell more of the high-end models before scaling it down. I'm thinking November/December at the soonest.
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

They're coming this fall, rumor has it. If not the fall, then definitely January at MacWorld.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Scout. Go watch this. It will take a bit over an hour of your time. Tell me what you think. Just wonderin' http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/keynote/