iPod and sweat (Read 715 times)

Diesel Power

I take my iPod nano with me on most long runs. I have the standard Belkin sports clip to attach at the waist, as I find using the armband is somewhat uncomfortable. The only issue is that I sweat buckets during the summer. Even if I'm wearing technical shirt and shorts, I'm sopping wet at the end of a ten mile run. I noticed today that the water is getting through the Belkin clip, getting the iPod itself fairly wet. I'm not sure how waterproof the thing is, but this can't be a good thing. Does anyone know of a slightly more waterproof carrying case for the iPod? This may be difficult to find, being that I have an older model. Hopefully I'm not SOL.

Running Dad

Things to do this year:
      Not get an injury
      Things done this year:
      Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??

Diesel Power

I actually misspoke… I’m using a DLO right now, not Belkin. However, I’ve had this iPod for almost two and a half years now, and have been using the DLO the entire time. Maybe it finally broke down.
          If you are SOL, I recommend switching to the shuffle (very easy to use running). I have this little flimsy rubber case for it, and I've been using it for over 18 months and it seems to protect it fine. I clip it to my shorts with the wire inside my shirt. It is a much cheaper way to go, especially considering you're putting it at risk. Of course, no Nike+ option with the shuffle.
          kcam

I use the older version of the Nano (it's smaller than the newer one) and on longer runs I put it in a small plastic baggie and then the whole thing goes in my shorts pocket with the wire running under my shirt. Been doing this for probably two and a half years - no problems with my nano.