Rockin' Refuel (Read 1399 times)

Will Crew for Beer

Just curious if anyone else has tried this. I asked my DW to pick me up some chocolate milks and some vanilla milks, if she could find any, for after races and long runs. She came home with a chocolate and a vanilla Rockin' Refuel. I thought they were pretty good.

2014 Goal: Who the hell knows?

Fat butt on couch

Have not tried....but the dirt poor graduate student version I used to make was 2 scoops dried milk mixed into chocolate milk.  "Protein fortified."

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Race Less Train More

Ensure works for me.

Run until the trail runs out.

2013***1500 miles

50 miler

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Needs more cowbell!

When I was training for higher mileage races I liked to do Carnation Instant Breakfast made with lactose-free milk.

Why lactose-free?  For the longest time I would have awful gastric issues post-run...I blamed it on the effort.  Then I had a lightbulb moment and considered that maybe it was the recovery drink.  Changed the milk and had no issues after that.

Kirsten - aka "Auntie Kirsten"

'14 Goals:

• 2 olympic distance duathlons -- 6 days apart -- PR at least 1

• 130#s (and stay there, gotdammit!)

Zortrium

I've not tried any fancy 'fortified' refuel chocolate milks -- my recovery drink of choice is a glass of plain old lowfat chocolate milk from the supermarket refrigerator.  The only downside is perishability, but I prefer the taste to non-refrigerated chocolate milk drinks like Nesquik.

Race Less Train More

When I was training for higher mileage races I liked to do Carnation Instant Breakfast made with lactose-free milk.

i

Why lactose-free?  For the longest time I would have awful gastric issues post-run...I blamed it on the effort.  Then I had a lightbulb moment and considered that maybe it was the recovery drink.  Changed the milk and had no issues after that.

Will give it a try.

Run until the trail runs out.

2013***1500 miles

50 miler

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Will Crew for Beer

Most of the non-milk recovery drinks I've tried don't taste very good. I think my wife said the Rockin' Refuels were $1.39 each. Seems like a reasonable price.

2014 Goal: Who the hell knows?

Cool Jump Suit

Have you tried this?  Big grin

So bittersweet
                  This tragedy
                  Won't ask for absolution;
                  This melody
                  Inside of me
                  Still searches for solution;
                  A twist of faith
                  A change of heart 
                  Cures my infatuation;
                  A broken heart 
                  Provides the spark 
                  For my determination.

Fat butt on couch

Most of the non-milk recovery drinks I've tried don't taste very good. I think my wife said the Rockin' Refuels were $1.39 each. Seems like a reasonable price.

That is pretty reasonable as those things go.  I've also used SlimFast with powdered milk added.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Scout7

CPT Curmudgeon

I drink water, and then eat a meal.

I drink water, and then eat a meal.

That will never catch on.