Wear something with emergency contact info (Read 239 times)

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Not a bad idea at all. Something affixed saying "if found call..." and possibly dropping something similar down a tube in case of theft. Which leads me to wonder... is there a gps/cell enabled product (bike LoJack) to drop down a seat tube, or other place, to help recover a stolen bike?

There are a few out there that I've heard about.  I don't know about how effective or reliable any of them are.  I couldn't remember any of the names of the products, though.  I just googled "bike gps tracker" and got a few hits right off the bat.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I remember seeing some sort of tracker that inserts into the seat-tube.  I'd think that would require a battery and occasional charging, though.  With my luck a bike would be stolen when the battery was dead.  I'm not good about remembering to charge battery-dependent stuff on bikes (hence my buyer's remorse with Di2 on my Seven.  I kinda got talked into it.  And the going back between SRAM and Shimano on different bikes is also a strike against the system).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LeighDS

Live Free & Run

Wow, scary! While it was helpful to have many people around this runner, but what would have happened out on an open road or trail?

My Road ID is always with me when I run. It's got several numbers to call and my allergy info (I have none). Most races I've run make a request that runners write emergency info and contact(s) numbers and names on the back of the bib.

Whether running, waking, hiking, etc people should have some form of ID or emergency contact info on them. Scary stuff can happen.

PRs

1-Mile - 6:18 on 4-4-2015

5K - 21:48 on 10-31-2015

10K - 47:57 on 10-24-2015

HM - 1:52:36 on 3-25-2017

FULL - 4:41:12 on 1-11-2015

Upcoming Races

Tanger Outlet 5K

Disney World 19.3 Challenge

Race the Runways 10K

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I finally bought a RoadID with a discount received in a race packet a few months ago. It goes on my ankle and has wife's cell & dad's cell along with the inspirational message, "I hope you can fix this".

After scrolling through this discussion, I may switch to a wristband. I believe I can even use same RoadID tag. Or maybe I'll just order a complete wristband duplicate and rock it with the ankleband.