Morning runs (Read 1058 times)

Darla1

I'm a total morning runner, I did not not used to be was forced into it. Kids schedules left this as the only time I could get into a routine. Now the kids are gone, and I can't imagine running at any other time. Your body does adjust if you give it time. At least mine did. I usually get up at 4:45am, start the coffee then drink a cup of coffee and watch a half hour of news. Then I hit the road but 5:30am. It is a great routine for me, but I understand that is not for everyone. Also I don't have to be at work until 8am and I do not have to commute!
      A heat wave has hit here in NY - 3 days of 90 degree+ temps mean my only running option is very early in the am. I did 4 miles at 7:45 this morning and it was almost too late (hot), for me anyway. Like everyone says - you get used to it. I also refuse to use my central air conditioner so I get used to hot weather for one, also I'm a save energy, save the planet type of person. While everyone else is holed up in their air conditioned houses when it gets hot, I'm out puttering in the garden, not letting the heat bother me. Really, you do get used to the am run... Laker
        At school I usually run in the afternoons because we have PT at 6.30 AM. Now that its summer I find my day seems much longer when I finish my run by 8. For the first week after school was out I couldn't fathom the idea of getting up to run, but now I can't sleep in. I like my morning runs! Smile