The Penn Relays (Read 624 times)

are being aired on NBC now.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Kalsarikännit

Manzano!

I'm not used to seeing mixed distance relays.  Pretty interesting.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Yeah, me neither.  I was screaming at the screen KICK!  Not loud enough for Bernie to hear me, though.

Feeling the growl again

Manzano!

Awesome.

And surprising.  I'm just so used to Lagat pulling it out.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

He's probably keyed into the 5000m at London right now.    

LaShawn Merritt is a beast. 

Feeling the growl again

LaShawn Merritt is a beast. 

Everyone else looked like they were running all out.  For the first 250m, it appeared he was chopping his stride short, just biding his time.

Ridiculous.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

Women's 4X400 took the cake.  Sick sick sick.  What a great meet.

I think I saw that, too.

I dunno know about you all, but now we have the Rangers versus the Capitals and the referees. 

Enjoy!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I didn't see the Penn Relays, so I don't know what they ran, but high schools run the "distance medley relay" (1200-400-800-1600) at invitational meets, sometimes. Also sometimes the "sprint medley relay" (400-200-200-800).

(MTA: Added distances & wikipedia links)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kalsarikännit

I didn't see the Penn Relays, so I don't know what they ran, but high schools run the "distance medley relay" at invitational meets, sometimes. Also sometimes the "sprint medley relay".

1200-400-800-1600

I'm so used to seeing the 4x100 or 4x400 that it was weird seeing the different line-up of runners competing together and the transition from 1200 speed to 400 speed.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

My son ran against Manzano in high school. I flew to Philadelphia Thurs night and the Middle Tennessee track team was on my flight. At the PHL airport I watched the UTexas pole vault arrive at baggage and get loaded onto the top of a SUV. Those things are huge!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

Medley races were my favorite part of relay carnivals. It really helped distance and sprinters bond.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
                            Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?