I ran a 5k now im addicted (Read 1003 times)

haha ya i dont understand how millions of people decided houston is a good place to settle just going though it to the airport made me queezy. although i will be on the beach... and after a cple decades of new england winters itl be a welcome change... i can run outside in january without freezing to death!
    http://www.climbingamerica.blogspot.com
      Sweet im all singed up for my Dec. 2nd 5k. and decided to go ahead and give the mardi gra 10k Jan 28th a try. I have 2 months to train!
      http://www.climbingamerica.blogspot.com
        The same thing happened to me with a 10K. I've been training for a few months now and am signed up to do my first Half-marathon in January at Rock N' Roll Phoenix. Can't wait! Just found this site and have to say I am impressed. Look forward to updating my running log daily and frequenting the forums.
        keep running!

Another Passion

Just found this site and have to say I am impressed. Look forward to updating my running log daily and frequenting the forums.
          Welcome, Patrick. This is a very cool place with some very knowledgeable and gifted runners. I think you will like it here. Good luck in your half training and don't forget to write up a report when you complete the race. Wink

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I still remember my first 5k, though it was more than 10 years ago. It was in Oneonta NY and seemingly all steep hills. After I finished, I just sat right down on the ground and panted like a dog! But you have to admit, as an addiction it is not bad for your health and somewhat cheaper than smoking a pack a day, or at least it could be if you don't buy every gadget on earth. (I trained for my first marathon using the Kellogg's Olympic watch that I got from sending in the boxtops from total.)
            I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock