Runner (Read 1440 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

How far or fast or frequently do you have to run before you can call yourself a runner?

Why is it sideways?

You'll take another step towards figuring that out on Sunday. Good luck!
      MrH

How far or fast or frequently do you have to run before you can call yourself a runner?
        What pace do you have to reach before you call yourself fast?

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I guess that is part of the question too, thanks for clarifying!
          xor

As soon as you take that step towards looking for the exit from society to find the "Sanctuary", then you are a runner. Remember, Carousel will renew.

Jayr

30-35 mpw and must break 20 for 5k...Wink
              MrH

I guess that is part of the question too, thanks for clarifying!
                The best I can offer is ... two minutes per mile quicker than your easy pace.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

30-35 mpw and must break 20 for 5k...Wink
                  Well, I have the first part, but not the second. Guess that 1561 miles last year doesn't qualify me, huh? Interesting...you don't have your log public. Something you're hiding from the class, perhaps...? Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Now that's funny.

Runners run

As soon as you take that step towards looking for the exit from society to find the "Sanctuary", then you are a runner. Remember, Carousel will renew.
                      There is no sanctuary!

Menace to Sobriety

As long as you're trying to run farther, go faster, and run more often than you did last week/month/year, you're a runner in my book.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Jayr

Well, I have the first part, but not the second. Guess that 1561 miles last year doesn't qualify me, huh? Interesting...you don't have your log public. Something you're hiding from the class, perhaps...? Evil grin
                          When I said must break 20 for a 5k I was joking with trent...1561 miles is great!! You are definetaly a runner. I think we are getting the icy paths you had last year in Michigan, here in Minesota... Very Trecherous Smile
                          Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I think about this question a lot lately. I've been improving a lot lately. I had sorta thought that if I ever took an AG, I would be ok with calling myself fast. However I've run a few virtual races and the field wasn't very competative. I won. Am I fast? No. I'm working toward a BQ. Basically those that can BQ are in the top 10% or so of the marathon field. When I make it, am I going to call myself fast? No. However, if someone calls me fast I don't think I'd make much effort to deny it. Fast for me will always be just a little faster than I can run.
                            mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

3 dates a week, different person each time; or two different dates in a night. At least that's how it went in my high school.
                              MrH

3 dates a week, different person each time; or two different dates in a night. At least that's how it went in my high school.
                                So if that is fast, how do you define easy?

The process is the goal.