Vote - would you pre-order a technical shirt from RA? (Read 772 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think you could leave off the www...then maybe make RunningAHEAD.com small enough to fit in the same footprint of the RA from side to side. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

va

I think you could leave off the www...then maybe make RunningAHEAD.com small enough to fit in the same footprint of the RA from side to side. k
      hairylunch

Here's what I was thinking when I mentioned it originally. Note that while Eric mentioned that the R was an italicized Franklin Gothic Heavy, I only had Franklin Gothic Medium on this computer. This version is inspired by va123's versions . . . again, the R font is slightly off. Here's a third version, using pREDator's suggestion of using the wing foot symbol (though I had to use two colors to get this one to work). I should point out that I hadn't read this complete thread when I posted my response, and hadn't realized that voiceofgrog's original designs were similar to these, or what I mentioned previously . . .

You'll ruin your knees!

I like this design... In the colors from the site... and was thinking it might look cool to have the RunningAhead.com running down the downslope of the "A"...nice neat little package... ...although I haven't seen a bad design yet! As for selection, I'm interested in a tech shirt, but moving up to a heavier item will likely be more selective as to quality, if something is going to be 60 bucks, for example, I am more likely to want to see it/touch it rather than order it on faith...just sayin'. You guys are awesome with the design stuff. Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

va

I like this design... In the colors from the site... and was thinking it might look cool to have the RunningAhead.com running down the downslope of the "A"...nice neat little package... ...
            In the designs I have presented, the logos are all white, and the bacground is the color of the shirt (for example, I am showing dark blue). A two color logo with slanting URL idea looks like: Here is another design... Note the widths of the text above and below the RA are a little off, but you get the idea...
              I've only just stumbled across this thread but I literally just came in from a run and the first thing I did was mention to my bf that the baselayer I was running in was WAY too hot today and I was off online to find something cooler to run in!! And here you all are designing my summer wardrobe for me! Shocked I'll take 2 of everything they all look really good! (please please please ship to the UK!)
              "Tough times don't last but tough people do." - A.C. Green
                Wow. Those are some awesome designs. I would preorder and prepay, esp. if we could do it through PayPal. I prefer a tank top or short sleeve.
                "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
                Scout7

I like the winged shoe. I want something with that. OR Monkeyman's avatar. I'd consider wearing that, too.
                    Ithink we should keep with Erics original colors (as in the banner at the top of the page, or the bookmark logo) and simple design...one of the reasons I love this site is the lack of distraction from ads, too many colors on graphics, etc.
                    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                      I like this one - except with a blue "R" to keep with the site colors

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

va

Thanks, VA - now I don't know which one I like best - I wish Eric would pop-in and cast a vote for a design...

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                          Thyroid Support Group

va

I am inclined to go with whatever Eric thinks is best. He is the real "artist" of this site. When I first came to RA, one of the things I really liked about this site, besides all of the functionality, is its look and feel, so I know whatever he decides, it will look great. His original suggestion:
                            ...I'm leaning toward simplicity as I'm not a fan of logos on shirts in general. I would be happy with the current site logo on the upper left quadrant of the shirt. In the case of a long sleeve, the name will also run down the right sleeve.
                            would be fine with me.
                              My first inclination was to go with the middle one - I like the smaller footprint of the design and I like the "Train.Analyze.Improve" This is just my personal preference. My next question would be is having a 3rd color drastically change the price of the shirt? Looks like white + light blue on a dark/midblue shirt? If it's not too much trouble - could you do light blue background, "Running" outlined in white - just curious to see how it would look if the colors were kept to 2. Thanks!

Go With The Flow
                              Thyroid Support Group

hairylunch

I was thinking it might be nice to take the RA and do the Train, Analyze, Improve around it, similar to the recycling triangle, and put the web address beneath it. If I find some time, I might play with the idea. Regarding costs, a good general rule of thumb is to figure $1/color of screen at each location. So, if you go with the two color logo on the chest, and one color one the sleeve, you're probably looking at $3/shirt. Add a 3 color logo to the back, and you're looking at another $3. I'm not even sure if you can screen technical fibers though, so these numbers could be wrong . . .