Security update (Read 1161 times)

Joann Y

So I need to make a new password or can I just log out and resign in with my old password?

eric :)

So I need to make a new password or can I just log out and resign in with my old password?

Logging out and back in would work.

Boxed Out

I'm looking for a bit of advice. When I set up my RA account years ago I didn't use an email address on the email line. Just a non email user ID.

I've always logged in using that format with my password. I log out each time I leave RA. I've never had a problem logging back in.

I last logged in successfully on June 2nd. I was not able to log in when I tried on June 4th. I get a gray box message above the email line telling me to enter email. Since I've never used an email for this entry line, I am stuck.

My computer did an automatic security update the previous evening and updated Safari as well. Perhaps this is the source of the problem. Regardless, I am locked out of my acct and do not want to leave it as an orphan.

If you're wondering, this is just a dummy act to communicate until I figure this out. Then I will utilize Eric's new delete acct feature!

PS, I too have difficulty trying to log out now.

meka

I am having the same issue as onemile. Once logged in, I cannot log out of my account.  I coach people through RA by logging into their accounts and loading their plans. Once logged in to their accounts, I cannot get out. I have to close out my entire browser and hope for the best. Sometimes I am out.

Dream Maker

I was having the same issue yesterday and this morning.  I don't know if it's connected, but I reentered my password where that notice said, and now I can log in and out between mine and my husband's accounts.

MTA  I spoke too soon. The problem somehow returned.  I guess it's transient.

rmcj001

I am having the same issue as onemile. Once logged in, I cannot log out of my account.  I coach people through RA by logging into their accounts and loading their plans. Once logged in to their accounts, I cannot get out. I have to close out my entire browser and hope for the best. Sometimes I am out.

I would suggest you use "new incognito window" when using chrome, or  "new private window" when using firefox. If you have either of these pinned to task bar, you can right click the icon to see these options. Or, if it is in your start menu right click there and you'll see these options. Of, course, this assumes you're using windows.  If you're using a mac there is an equivalent way to get to these options, but I'm not on a mac at the moment...

Using the incognito or private window you should find that you have to login again. It won't affect your other windows...

Ray

Hello Eric, I am encountering the same issue as everyone else.  I was able to successfully login and change my password.  However, I am not able to logout out of my IE session.  The only option is to close my browser.  Good news when I log in a second time, RA accepts my new password.  But again I am not able to successfully log out.  No errors to report.  The session just remains open.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hello Eric, I am encountering the same issue as everyone else.  I was able to successfully login and change my password.  However, I am not able to logout out of my IE session.  The only option is to close my browser.  Good news when I log in a second time, RA accepts my new password.  But again I am not able to successfully log out.  No errors to report.  The session just remains open.

Scott!!! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hi all,

I finally reproduced the problem on my dev machine. The problem was caused by how the web server handles the request from the load balancer.  I have no idea why it started happening now, or why it only happens occasionally. Regardless, it has been fixed.

eric Smile

Scott told me he posted.  I had to see it for myself!   Big grin

Scott!!! Big grin

Michelle

onemile

Hi all,

I finally reproduced the problem on my dev machine. The problem was caused by how the web server handles the request from the load balancer.  I have no idea why it started happening now, or why it only happens occasionally. Regardless, it has been fixed.

eric Smile

Thank you!

Hi all,

eric Smile

Thanks, Eric!

Hi all,

I finally reproduced the problem on my dev machine [...] it has been fixed.

eric Smile

Thank you truly.

BeeRunB

This one's for you, JimmyB. I exposed the ability to delete your account by yourself. I haven't added it until now because it is the lowest priority.

eric Smile

Yet, ironically, I don't think I'll ever delete my account here. Unless you implement a "follower" or "friend" system, of course. Thanks for all the hard work, Eric. May creativity gush and spill over from within like an uncorkable geyser. 

Yet, ironically, I don't think I'll ever delete my account here. Unless you implement a "follower" or "friend" system, of course. Thanks for all the hard work, Eric. May creativity gush and spill over from within like an uncorkable geyser. 

What's wrong with a follower or friend system? I would if I have the resources ;-) Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think your objection is they can be noisy or obnoxious. I'm sure it can be done "tastefully".