Any good music for running (Read 4255 times)

ccantu1187

does anyone know any good songs to listen to while running?

Finished!

I'm late to the mp3 world, but with running, I had to have music. I have all kinds of my own personal favorite music and remixes from the 80's (yes, I go for that europop stuff) enough to go on shuffle for hours on end - I also subscribe to several podcasts on iTunes for running and exercise - the 2 I subscribe to are Fitpod and Podrunner -they are more techno/dance - but they have fixed bpms which help keep me on pace.
      Walk + Jog = wog.
      I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
      I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry

My dogs are fast, not me

I'm late to the mp3 world, but with running, I had to have music. I have all kinds of my own personal favorite music and remixes from the 80's (yes, I go for that europop stuff) enough to go on shuffle for hours on end - I also subscribe to several podcasts on iTunes for running and exercise - the 2 I subscribe to are Fitpod and Podrunner -they are more techno/dance - but they have fixed bpms which help keep me on pace.
        I love podrunner! It keeps me on pace and allows my brain to wander. Plus, I've got a couple of playlists in my ipod too. Mostly mid-tempo rock - Wilco, Pearl Jam, White Stripes, etc.

Robin

Wingz

Professional Noob

Another vote for Podrunner, here. However, I get it directly from his website @ www.djsteveboy.com/mixes.html. I don't have an IPod but rather a more generic MP3 player, and this works for that.

Roads were made for journeys...

va

I listen to the following songs when I want to increase my pace: Eminem - Lose Yourself Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird Evanescence - Bring Me to Life The Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
            Wingz

Professional Noob

The Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
              Oh, absolutely! GREAT song!

Roads were made for journeys...

I'll add my vote to the list for Podrunner - I've loved the techno/ dance stuff for running ever since I ran the Disney Marathon and they had it blasting around mile 23 or so. It definitely helped me finish! ~Stacie
                  I recommend Alter Bridge, Creed, Disciple, Pillar, P.O.D., Linkin Park, and The Accident Experiment. I have a mix of them on my iPod Shuffle at the moment and I ran my fastest five mile ever yesterday at an 8:36 minute/mile pace...for me that is fast. But, their music kept me pumped the whole run. Cheers!
                  If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden

Prophet!

i've been listening to Explosions in the Sky ...they're a post-rock band from texas and they did the songs in the movie Friday Night Lights...nice changes in tempo....perfect for my long runs.
                      Great running song... FILTER: Hey Man, Nice Shot Put on your Chuck Taylors, headband, & tube socks and go out for a couple of wind sprints, Chip Douglas style...you don't want to "pull a Hammy!" "Free cable is the ultimate aphrodisiac." "Somebody has to kill the babysitter"

Cryptic

Great running song... FILTER: Hey Man, Nice Shot "
                        I have this song on my play list as well. Great song!

Diesel Power

A sampling of what I have in my iPod thus far: Black Label Society - Stillborn Pearl Jam - Worldwide Suicide Pearl Jam - Leash Pearl Jam - Fuckin' Up (Neil Young cover) AC/DC - Back in Black Avenged Sevenfold - The Beast and the Harlot Cypress Hill - Rap Superstar Beastie Boys - Sabotage Roger Waters, Van Morrison - Comfortably Numb (from The Departed soundtrack) Tantric - Breakdown Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name Papa Roach - Getting Away With Murder Papa Roach - To Be Loved Moby - Extreme Ways Evanessence - Bring Me To Life Korn - Alone I Break Korn - Here To Stay Metallica - Sad But True Metallica - Unforgiven II Fozzy - Nameless Fozzy - Enemy Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country Avenged Sevenfold - Seize the Day And a few for cooling down: Bob Dylan - Forever Young Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm Our Lady Peace - Not Enough Pearl Jam - Low Light Pearl Jam - Present Tense
                            I would never think post-rock would make good running music (I know Godspeed definitely wouldn't). Maybe I'll give it a shot. If you like Explosions, check out Caspian and This Will Destroy You. I used to not listen to music when I run because I would mainly listen to death/black metal, and those would be too chaotic to allow me to focus. Lately, I've been running to The Postal Service's Give Up. The rhythms are even and bouncy, which makes for great running. Nike commissioned a song from LCD Soundsystem, 45:33 which is supposed to be designed for the perfect run. Gave it a listen once, and didn't care much for it, but maybe other people would like it.

Prophet!

drainpipe - i just recently gotten into Explosions - blew me away when i first heard them, i love the tempo changes from slow and steady driving (some call moody) beats and their sudden changes to rock out , drumsticks flying, strings breaking sound. I'll check out those two bands out you mentioned.
                              derek

Of all the songs I have on my iPod, my favorite is "Pump It" by Black Eyed Peas. No matter how tired I feel, when I hear that song, I'm always energized. On my last run I had started to slow down a bit around mile 8 and that song came up. I was able to pick back up the pace and I even started to sing a bit...albeit quietly :-)

Derek