Wheels (Read 1719 times)

Giant Flaming Dork

Get the iMac, then! I've got the smaller screen and it's plenty! The 24" is nice, if you have the $$$! (of course, if you've got a Roubaix Pro...)

http://xkcd.com/621/

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'd rather have more desktop for the same money. I'll probably end up with a new Mini and a new monitor
      24" iMac. I think the Air is a little too little unless you're a power traveler. Personally, I drooling over the Macbook, which is an outstanding notebook. Would you prefer black or white?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

dork.major dork.

Okay. I was deeply confused by the computer pictures... but now that I've read through the thread and realized that we've shifted over to marital toy arms racing and computers. I would suggest an iMac or a Macbook. The Air is cool, but kind of just cool, not really that powerful as a machine. The iMacs are superb, and if you want a notebook the Macbook is the way to go, though I will say that I don't find them as sturdy as the iBook that got me through college and a couple years beyond. MTA: Jeff. Heard a dirty rumor that you are an Eph? True?

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

MTA: Jeff. Heard a dirty rumor that you are an Eph? True?
          I'm assuming you mean "hippie" Jeff, because I don't even know what that means!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Giant Flaming Dork

Okay. I was deeply confused by the computer pictures... but now that I've read through the thread and realized that we've shifted over to marital toy arms racing and computers.
            Well, Trent hasn't come back and refined his requirements on the bike, so there's nothing much to go on. And what is marriage without creatively fostering deep discussions (read: arguments) over toy purchases?

http://xkcd.com/621/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Get the iMac, then! I've got the smaller screen and it's plenty! The 24" is nice, if you have the $$$! (of course, if you've got a Roubaix Pro...)
              Well...*I* don't have the Roubaix Pro... Wink As much as I supermegaheart the iMac, did has pointed out that a Mini with separate monitor is probably the better and more cost-effective way to go. Much easier to upgrade or replace just the CPU or monitor separately. I'd still LOVE that HYUGE 30" Apple monitor, though... *drools*.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

As much as I supermegaheart the iMac, did has pointed out that a Mini with separate monitor is probably the better and more cost-effective way to go.
                He must have a Jedi mind trick working on you or something. Did [waves hand]: You don't need an iMac. Zoom: I don't need an iMac. Did: A Mini with separate monitor is probably the better and more cost-effective way to go. Zoom: A Mini with separate monitor is probably the better and more cost-effective way to go. Did: I should buy a Roubaix Pro. Zoom: You should buy a Roubaix Pro. Did: Really? Wow, I was thinking it was a little pricey, but since I have your blessing, I'm there!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bwahahaha.... Funny thing is, when did bought that bike (I think about 3 years or so ago) it was worth more than our 2 cars combined. Then we bought "Dash," the Zoomy-mobile. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Why is it sideways?

MTA: Jeff. Heard a dirty rumor that you are an Eph? True?
                    Class of '99.

Former runner

I set up a 20" iMac for our marketing guy a couple months ago. Overall I'd say it's a good way to go. You have less clutter on your desk with the monitor built in. Just don't get the wireless keyboard. The new one is the size of a child's toy with chiclet keys. Plus it doesn't have the number pad. Confused You can offset the cost of the 24" by upgrading the memory yourself. Wink

Ross

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You can offset the cost of the 24" by upgrading the memory yourself. Wink
                        We've always upgraded the memory on our little Macs ourselves (well, did has, anyhow). I think both our RIP old iMac and our current Mini are maxed-out. When I run Photoshop or any other memory-hogging program I can really feel the limitations of these little machines. Man, I'd KILL for a Mac Pro... *sigh*

~ Sarah Kay

So you posted this a year ago Trent, did you did it? (with apologies to the iMac threadjackers for threadjacking...) I'm actually thinking of getting a cheapo bike with the money that I sent to W that he apparently feels the need to send back. I'm in the first group of SSNs so my direct deposit should be hitting in a couple of weeks. I kinda like the simplicity of single speed, but what are the benefits and drawbacks? I asked a friend that bikes to work, and he said that the SE 700c Draft would be OK for light use on the nearby bikepath.

E.J.
                          Greater Lowell Road Runners
                          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

dork.major dork.

Class of '99.
                            I'm an '05. We seem to crop up most places... especially for such a small school.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

I'm actually thinking of getting a cheapo bike with the money that I sent to W that he apparently feels the need to send back. I'm in the first group of SSNs so my direct deposit should be hitting in a couple of weeks. I kinda like the simplicity of single speed, but what are the benefits and drawbacks? I asked a friend that bikes to work, and he said that the SE 700c Draft would be OK.
                              OK, cnn.com has a story this morning that the first round of rebates is gonna go five days early. Any bike peeps with thoughts on single speed in general and the SE in particular? did? Bueller? Anybody?

E.J.
                              Greater Lowell Road Runners
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

OK, cnn.com has a story this morning that the first round of rebates is gonna go five days early. did? Bueller? Anybody?
                                I think I heard that people will start getting their checks next week...maybe? I was in the car, so I only half-heard what was said.

~ Sarah Kay