New Marathon with Boston +30 qualifying standard (Seacoast NH) (Read 224 times)

http://saundersatryeharbor10k.com

http://saundersatryeharbor10k.com

I ran that race a few years ago when it was supposedly the last ever running of it because Saunders was going out of business. It was a pain to get there on a Thursday night and I almost missed the start. The only reason I went was I was leading my age group in the seacoast race series. I was glad I did. Great race. The t shirt is one reason to run fast, but the free beer is a better one.

Runners run

The t shirt is one reason to run fast, but the free beer is a better one.

Now there's an idea -- forget about who gets a shirt or a medal, who cares. Races should have a beer cutoff. All finishers before a certain time get a free beer handed to them at the finish. If that's not an incentive to run faster, I don't know what is.

Dave

Now there's an idea -- forget about who gets a shirt or a medal, who cares. Races should have a beer cutoff. All finishers before a certain time get a free beer handed to them at the finish. If that's not an incentive to run faster, I don't know what is.

The free beer cutoff is enforced by the faster runners. Get to the finish line and start guzzling; it's your job to finish all the beer before the slower runners get in.

Kalsarikännit

The free beer cutoff is enforced by the faster runners. Get to the finish line and start guzzling; it's your job to finish all the beer before the slower runners get in.

As opposed to the current system of 10k'ers and half marathoners getting to the finish line first, killing all the beer, and going on a 42,000 caloriepaloozza before the marathoners show up.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

As opposed to the current system of 10k'ers and half marathoners getting to the finish line first, killing all the beer, and going on a 42,000 caloriepaloozza before the marathoners show up.

I paid for my entry! I earned that beer for running my 10K marathon.

Hey! Don't you give my family the stink eye - that pizza was for everybody!

Liz

pace sera, sera