Mixing indoor soccer and running (Read 50 times)

FrankyM

Hello,

I am a rather avid indoor soccer player, but sometimes it's kinda difficult finding enough people to play with. So I thought that I should start running aswell. And one question popped into my head. Would it be ok to use indoor soccer shoes for running? For example, if I bought something from this list - https://thesportgurus.com/5-honest-reviews-of-the-best-indoor-soccer-shoes/ would it be ok to play and run using the same pair? Or should I just get a separate pair? It'd be great to hear some thoughts, as I'm currently looking for ways to save some money.

Thank you.

Daydreamer1

Maybe you can, maybe you can't.  Shoes are very individual. What works for one person may not work for another.

My son played some indoor soccer and he would run outside in those shoes if that was all he had. Never had any problems. I, on the other hand, wore them several times just for some easy soccer  and I could tell that there was no way I could have tolerated them for a road run.  YMMV

+1.  It may also depend on how far/often you are running.   I haven't played indoor soccer in many years but from what I recall most indoor shoes do not have cushioning or tread for running.  Plus it will likely mean you have to replace your indoor shoes more often so are you really saving money in the long term?

Maybe you can, maybe you can't.  Shoes are very individual. What works for one person may not work for another.