Well, in that case... (Read 706 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...as much as I love the features of my new shoes (breathability, cushioning, overall comfort and fit) and the way they work for my LEFT foot, I'm missing not having to work around my right heel to have a comfortable run. And get a load of this: 90 day Unconditional Guarantee So does this REALLY mean that they will take back shoes in any condition within that window (I e-mailed them that question, just because it seems a little too-good-to-be-true)? Wow, if that's true, then I would definitely order from them, again. I also noticed that the NB online store that gave me that price adjustment on apparel a month or so ago also offers such a guarantee (for 30 days). I had no idea that online athletic footwear vendors even did such a thing--glad I looked. I may not be out $90, after all. I think I may head out to the NB store an hour away, today. That would give me over a week to make sure that any new shoes I purchase will work for me for that 10 miler on the 16th, if not I can always wear my old shoes for that event and still have well over a month to find a new pair (or even just buy another pair of my old model, since they did work fairly well for me) before my HM. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Ah! Good sense has finally come to you! Wink Tongue I think that's an excellent idea!

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, I was pretty much ready to just sell them on eBay or see if they might work for my sister, who works long hours as a waitress--they definitely would have awesome cushioning for that (I would still highly recommend them to anyone without weird heels, LOL). I just got word from the e-tailer that they take back any shoe within 90 days for ANY reason. Wow, that's great service. Anyhow, ran (well, drove) down to the NB store and returned home with the most expensive shoe they carry (1222)--but they should be perfect for me. They are very similar to my old shoes in fit and feel, but with lots more cushioning (my knees say "woot"), more stability, and a more durable sole than my 845s. They are designed for fairly high mileage running, while my 845s are a better low-mileage shoe...which was better suited to my needs way back in March when I thought I was just going to be running 10-15 miles/week (before the running bug bit me in the butt!). I could have saved $20-30 ordering these shoes online, but wouldn't have known if they fit. If they work I can bargain hunt next time, though my next pair of shoes will likely still be a pair of trail shoes, since by Jan. or so we will start to really get hit by Winter and it will probably be about 400 miles into these new shoes, anyhow. k

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

I could have saved $20-30 ordering these shoes online, but wouldn't have known if they fit.
          Yeah, I have been hesitant to buy online for the same reason. Even though I know what shoe works best for me (and I know my size), it seems like each pair feels a little different, which makes me want to go to the store! I have purchased my last couple pairs online, though, and it's worked out okay. I think you're smart to get them at the store if it's the first time you've worn this model. I wish more stores were willing to take shoes back, even after they've been worn outside. My favorite running store (Movin' Shoes, in Madison WI) will take them back.. they're really great about it, but not many stores are I think. If the online sellers are as cool about it as NB was for you, then perhaps online is the way to go?!?
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So far the new shoes seem to work well for me. The first couple of miles of my run this morning were kinda *meh*, but it's also my 3rd day of running in a row (in the past I had never run more than 2 consecutive days) and I haven't slept well all week, which always makes my runs less than stellar and often leads to increased aches-and-pains that evaporate as soon as I am better rested. No weird friction areas--so far (didn't have any noticeable rubbing on the previous shoes, either, at least not until my first long run in them). Shipped the troublesome (but very nice--had the heel issues not been there I'm sure I would have run many happy miles in those shoes. I would still recommend them to anyone without a weird right heel, LOL) shoes back today. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay