Gnat Explosion! (Read 921 times)

Basically... run!

I was so excited to go for a run this afternoon! Our temperature was about 15 degrees above usual, and we had clear sunny skies. Looking out my window, I saw a bug cloud in the air, so I was expecting it somewhat, but I had no idea how bad the gnats really were. I was running through clouds of gnats (black ones with furry white buts - in case you were wondering) for at least half of my run. And I had to stop running 3 times in order to breathe without inhaling any more gnats. I'm sure people driving by were wondering what the crazy girl was doing waving her hands in front of her face while running. My tank top has gnat juice streaks all over, as did my hands, from trying to wipe the bugs off. And I won't even tell you how many soggy gnat bodies I found in my bra when I got home... Anyways, I just had to share this lovely story with someone! Smile

I had the worst experience of my life with gnats just last week. Ran through a swarm and didn't close my mouth in time I guess..about threw up and was coughing and choking. Had to stop running because I couldn't catch my breath after all the coughing and gagging. Nasty nasty nasty!!

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gah, bugs! Luckily ours seem to be winding down. We had fruit flies something terrible this Summer...and in weird places nowhere near food. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Gah, bugs! Luckily ours seem to be winding down. We had fruit flies something terrible this Summer...and in weird places nowhere near food. k
          We did as well Zoomie in southeastern Mich... still hanging around a bit too. Buggers! Tongue

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

My tank top has gnat juice streaks all over, as did my hands, from trying to wipe the bugs off.
            Consider yourself lucky! Do you know how difficult it is to find pesticide-free fresh squeezed gnat juice this time of year? Not even Whole Paycheck Foods has it in stock these days. Wink

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Basically... run!

Hahahaha! Yummy. If only I'd known the juice was that delicious before I ate so many gnats whole.

Well this is good to read! I was starting to wonder if we had some sort of cleanliness issues in our house I didn't know about or something! I couldn't figure out WHY they were hanging around!! The annoying little buggers are still here too.

Another Passion

Consider yourself lucky! Do you know how difficult it is to find pesticide-free fresh squeezed gnat juice this time of year? Not even Whole Paycheck Foods has it in stock these days. Wink
                  ROFL Big grin

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

ummm...gnats...protein...yummy
                    SXC Beast

Planeteer

Ugh...I know what you mean. There have been numerous times when I've ran, and I didn't even notice they were there, but when I got down, they were splattered all over my front and face. I even found a few live ones in my hair. I mean, what do gnats contribute to in this world, why do they even exist? :S
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I mean, what do gnats contribute to in this world, why do they even exist? :S
                        Food for other critters...? That's all I got. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

SXC Beast

Planeteer

Food for other critters...? That's all I got. Smile k
                          Eh, they'll find other food. Roll eyes