average time per run. avg distance per run and number of runs per designated period (Read 131 times)

Hi,

I am looking for a way to quickly see what my averages are per run for a given time period.  I would like to be able to quickly see how my mileage and time breaks down on a per run basis so to be able to better judge my training.

For example if in April I have 107 miles in 17:30 and in May have 108 in 16:10, it would be nice to know if I was getting faster, or if I just did more long slow runs and fewer total runs in April.  I can obviously just look at each month in the calendar and manually compute it, but it would be nice to be able to run a report or look at it on the summary page.  Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Bob

"We run, not because we think it is doing us good, but because we enjoy it and cannot help ourselves..."
    -Sir Roger Bannister

The Statistics widget has a pace column which might provide some of the data you want.

Click on the pencil/edit icon for each widget (upper right corner), and select the 'Display pace column' checkbox.

PRs5K 19:41 (5/2017)  10K  45:27 (1/2017)  10m  1:10:41 (4/2017)   13.1  1:36:00 (6/2017)  26.2  3:31:58 (10/2017)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

How about this recipe?

--------------------------------

Training Log
        Reports
        New Search
        (default is last 52 weeks)
        Group Results by => Month
        Activity => Run
        Search

---------------------------------

Now if you want to save this configured search, to look at it later without doing the above steps again, use the "Save As" in the upper right corner to give it a name.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Thanks guys,

Both are great suggestions, but neither will supply me with the number of total runs for the month.  For example, If my time is restricted I might go out and do three quick two mile runs during the course of a day at 13 minutes each, but at my age I can no longer train at a 6:30 pace for 6 miles so without the total number of runs in a designated period the result is still slightly skewed.

Bob

"We run, not because we think it is doing us good, but because we enjoy it and cannot help ourselves..."
          -Sir Roger Bannister

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Oh.... you want the average listed for each run. In that case, doesn't the Workout page give you what you want - a list of every run, with time and avg pace listed for each line?

Thanks again.

Yes individual info is on the WO page, but it is not aggregated.  I would like to be able to look at something like a monthly/weekly/rolling  stat that would show

Period        # of runs       Total Distance     Duration      Avg distance per Run      Avg time per run

So that I can get a sense of what type of progress is being made.

Is there a way to export data to excel?

-Sir Roger Bannister

yup:

Training Log >>> Tools >>> Download training data to your computer 

for a zipped & tab-delimited file.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Thanks again.

Yes individual info is on the WO page, but it is not aggregated.  I would like to be able to look at something like a monthly/weekly/rolling  stat that would show

Period        # of runs       Total Distance     Duration      Avg distance per Run      Avg time per run

So that I can get a sense of what type of progress is being made.

Not that this is relevant to you necessarily, but this report wouldn't work at all for my data, because I break some of my runs up -- e.g., w/u section, interval section, and warmdown section go in as three different runs (workouts), even though it was all done at one outing. Or I break it up when the group composition shifts (leading to a shift in the avg pacing). My choice to break up my runs into different workouts means that "per run" stats are not possible, because I've lost the run identity by breaking it apart.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

yup:

Training Log >>> Tools >>> Download training data to your computer 

for a zipped & tab-delimited file.

After you click Tools, you can choose the format. The default is tab-delimited, which will very easily import into Excel. The other option is xml, which includes all your comments. Actually there is a nice explanation of this in the text on the page.

kcam

After you click Tools, you can choose the format. The default is tab-delimited, which will very easily import into Excel. The other option is xml, which includes all your comments. Actually there is a nice explanation of this in the text on the page.

Not to derail the thread but, yeah, I've come to the conclusion that once you have a nice history on the site you'll have to "roll your own" reports using a different data manipulation tool.  Here's an example report produced using my RA dowloaded data and Excel.  You can definitely extract some interesting data.  Looks like my easy pace has gotten progressively slower over the years although my race times are faster than ever.  Hmmm.