10 years later... (Read 320 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm right at 10 years as well.  And here's a red panda for you, a resident at our local zoo.

https://www.redpandanetwork.org/the-role-of-zoos-in-red-panda-conservation/

I look my best blurry!

@Zoom-zoom I haven't been here in a looong time but I am looking for inspiration, like I did 9 years ago.  You are definitely a RA inspiration and a lot of fun too!  I am not the same person I was before on so many levels.  I can't imagine my life without the course of events that have occurred since I started running.  No going back now.

I love red pandas.  One of the most adorable creatures I've ever seen.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, my life sure went sideways for a bit since I first started logging miles, but I have my fingers crossed that I’m back on a Rick Velich style “forward is forward” course, again. Today I ran my first race in >2 years. It was a PR, in spite of maybe being my slowest race pace ever. First 4-miler!

@Zoom-zoom I haven't been here in a looong time but I am looking for inspiration, like I did 9 years ago.  You are definitely a RA inspiration and a lot of fun too!  I am not the same person I was before on so many levels.  I can't imagine my life without the course of events that have occurred since I started running.  No going back now.

I love red pandas.  One of the most adorable creatures I've ever seen.

Red Pandas might be my spirit animal. 💗

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

SMART Approach

Zoom, congrats on the 4 mile PR......happy you are getting back at it. Wannabe.......holy smokes, where you been?  Yes, this site has been awesome and I have been here from the beginning after the Cool Running end.  Here is to another 10 + years and hopefully, we are all still here an running and competing in 2028.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yeah, my life sure went sideways for a bit since I first started logging miles, but I have my fingers crossed that I’m back on a Rick Velich style “forward is forward” course, again. Today I ran my first race in >2 years. It was a PR, in spite of maybe being my slowest race pace ever. First 4-miler.

Good to see you both are still around an kickin' grass! Smile

Outside Lane

+1

See how they run...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks! I’m definitely on the preferred side of it, so that’s good! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

bas

Bas!! And now I'm at 12.5 years since I first started!

What are you up to, lately? I still think of you every time I see a red panda!

That long, is it? I think it's the same for me. Would have to look that up. But I'm still running, with ups and downs, but what the heck. Red panda forever!

And I'm glad to see that you are still going strong, despite what the footer of your messages obviously tells. You rock!

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

bas

I'm right at 10 years as well.  And here's a red panda for you, a resident at our local zoo.

https://www.redpandanetwork.org/the-role-of-zoos-in-red-panda-conservation/

Good for you! And thanks for the picture. It's nice to have company ;-)

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

I agree 100 %   with all the comments about RA. !!   and you guys all rock!